Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's like Life of Brian on here!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:28 am

Reading the thread last night about setting up another supporters organisation reminded me of that scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian - perhaps the new organisation could be called "Supporters Trust (Cardiff City)" and it could hold meetings where resolutions could be passed condemning the "real enemy", the Cardiff City Supporters Trust?

At the High Court on Wednesday the club which Ian Rush began his career with ceased to exist a few minutes before we were up before Mrs Registrar Derrett. There has to be a chance that we will go the same way as Chester City on 5 May and, surely, now more than ever, supporters should be united in the fight to try to save our club or, if the worst comes to the worst, and Cardiff City is wound up, working out where we go from there. Instead though, you get the impression that, for some at least, it is more important to keep petty feuds going with fellow supporters who, in the end, all want the same thing - that is, our club to be free from the financial vultures currently circling us.

I am pleased that two supporters organisations have put out a joint statement in response to what happened on Wednesday because the more we can speak with one voice, the more influential we can become. Regardless of who wrote the statement, I think it is well worded and represents an improvement on the previous rather non committal offerings we have seen.

Because I do nearly all of my posting on Mike Morris' site, I daresay this message will be dismissed as the ramblings of a Trust loving "sniper" and, it is true that I am a member of the Trust. However, I also took part in the supporters march last Saturday and, as things stand, would go on any others that may be organised over the next few weeks (I've also just signed the petition calling on Peter Ridsdale to resign), but to read some of the contributions on here, you would think that you cannot be a member of the Trust and go on marches and sign petitions - it has to be one or the other.

I thought last week's march went well and succeeded in bringing what is going on at Cardiff City to the attention of a wider public. The thing is though that those on here who slag off the Trust because it only speaks for a minority of supporters should ponder on this. Despite all the publicity and media attention the march got, for every one City supporter in the crowd last Saturday who went on it, there were another eight who didn't - if the Trust represents a minority of fans, then doesn't the same apply to the march, yet many who went on it seem to think that their approach is the only way forward.

It's inevitable that amongst a group of 20,000 people you are going to have different strands of opinion, but we are now in a position where squabbling needs to be put to one side as we all try to use what talents we have (and we have an awful lot of different skills between us) to try and do the best we can for the club we love - if we are still bickering and trying to score points off each other while Cardiff City goes to the wall on May 5, we would be as guilty of causing it's death as Ridsdale and co.

Re: It's like Life of Brian on here!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:31 am

I WILL SUPPORT THE TRUST

IF THEY START SOME ACTION AND START PROTESTS/BANNERS, HOUNDING THE BOARD, RADIO STATIONS/TV and GO FOR THIS CURRENT BOARD HEAD ON, THEN I WILL GIVE YOU MY FULL SUPPORT.

Making a Statement that should off been done 3 months ago is Pathetic.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:34 am

The Trust was supposed to be FOR supporters and a means of organising ourselves, but has turned into a PERSONAL VEHICLE for the most narcissistic of our 'SUPPORT'.

A complete joke and the sooner it is abandoned the better.

The statement is the funniest thing I've read in ages. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns, Completely empty words and you can almost see The Riddler LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF when he read it.

Makes us look like fools. Makes me feel a fool reading it.

Well he wasn't laughing when we marched and even got Borley to make personal pleas. He didn't like it at all. THAT is what gets you taken seriously. Not going up the clubhouse for beer and sandwiches and getting all cosy with those trying to f**k US.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:35 am

Bob, Just because Our Opinions are Different than The Trust who only Represent about 250 Households(I had 5 members from My house), this Mb has nearly 2,500 Members, Doesnt mean that we are wrong, On here most believe in Action, One major March and 2 Demos in My Opinion were trouble free and have gained major Publicity against This Current Regime and WE HAVE ONLY JUST STARTED. Our Numbers I believe will Swell to over 5,000 Next Time.
The Feedback has been Aamazing and Other Fans want Action, Not Love Letters.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 am

Can you tell me Mr Bob why you have come to the conclusion that the Trust is not the problem rather than this MB? It is blantantly going against its constitution by not consulting with its membership.

When that's pointed out a prominant member instead of taking that very valid point on board and reporting back to the TB, he decides to belittle those who have spoke out. Indeed there is evidence that several individuals have been targetted.

That tells you there is a fundermental problem with the Trust and that won't change until they change.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:40 am

Bob I am a trust member, I marched and I obviously signed the petition. You will not be down as a sniper for your opinion.

With regards to the independent supporters group this was something that I asked myself to help form several weeks ago but I said lets give the trust and the supporters club a bit more time to represent its members and hopefully during that time also their numbers will boost, I was privately hoping that along with the actions of the protests and demonstrations that we could all pull together and support one another.

Yes I agree we need to use each others strengths. But there needs to be unity and there are plenty who want action not just letters and statements.

Letters can be used in conjunction with action then we will have a strong fight. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:49 am

BlooDan wrote:The Trust was supposed to be FOR supporters and a means of organising ourselves, but has turned into a PERSONAL VEHICLE for the most narcissistic of our 'SUPPORT'.

A complete joke and the sooner it is abandoned the better.

The statement is the funniest thing I've read in ages. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns, Completely empty words and you can almost see The Riddler LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF when he read it.

Makes us look like fools. Makes me feel a fool reading it.

Well he wasn't laughing when we marched and even got Borley to make personal pleas. He didn't like it at all. THAT is what gets you taken seriously. Not going up the clubhouse for beer and sandwiches and getting all cosy with those trying to f**k US.

Going slightly off topic that goes to the heart of why Ridsdale fears us and laughs at the Trust.

He knows he is on his way out and is planning his next move. What he wants more than anything is to bury what is happening here because it just adds to his terrible reputation gained at Leeds and Barnsley.

Our Marches are plastered all over the TV, Sunday papers and the internet. He shits himself when that happens and explains his extraordinary statements last week prior to the march and discription of Annis as an enemy of the club.

This is where the Trust have got it so badly wrong. They should be helping to hit him where it hurts and publising what is happeneing here.

That statement even if it is read by anyone outside of Cardiff is so bland it could even be interepted as the Trust supporting the board and giving it an endorsement.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 am

Forever Blue wrote:Bob, Just because Our Opinions are Different than The Trust who only Represent about 250 Households(I had 5 members from My house), this Mb has nearly 2,500 Members, Doesnt mean that we are wrong, On here most believe in Action, One major March and 2 Demos in My Opinion were trouble free and have gained major Publicity against This Current Regime and WE HAVE ONLY JUST STARTED. Our Numbers I believe will Swell to over 5,000 Next Time.

The way this messageboard has grown so quickly is very impressive Annis, but do you think that all 2,500 members are anti Trust to the same degree as some are on here (I am sure there are others like me who are members here but also belong to the Trust)?

I said in my message that I thought the march was a success and, in view of the comments made in Court on Wednesday, I think you may well be right when you say a future march could attract 5,000 but my point is we need the marches as well as the more "boring" approach of the Trust and the Supporters Club - the two elements can achieve more working hand in hand than separately.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:35 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Bob, Just because Our Opinions are Different than The Trust who only Represent about 250 Households(I had 5 members from My house), this Mb has nearly 2,500 Members, Doesnt mean that we are wrong, On here most believe in Action, One major March and 2 Demos in My Opinion were trouble free and have gained major Publicity against This Current Regime and WE HAVE ONLY JUST STARTED. Our Numbers I believe will Swell to over 5,000 Next Time.

The way this messageboard has grown so quickly is very impressive Annis, but do you think that all 2,500 members are anti Trust to the same degree as some are on here (I am sure there are others like me who are members here but also belong to the Trust)?

I said in my message that I thought the march was a success and, in view of the comments made in Court on Wednesday, I think you may well be right when you say a future march could attract 5,000 but my point is we need the marches as well as the more "boring" approach of the Trust and the Supporters Club - the two elements can achieve more working hand in hand than separately.

Bob, We are not anti Trust, I believe we need one, but the way the current one is being run looks more like the Riddlers side kick. I Would love us to Unite, but I am more for Action than a letter a month, which the Current board laugh at, I know that for a Fact.
At these meetings they need Big Gwyn, Carl, Paul (Rhooster) and a few others there to discuss things. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:53 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:Reading the thread last night about setting up another supporters organisation reminded me of that scene from Monty Python's Life of Brian - perhaps the new organisation could be called "Supporters Trust (Cardiff City)" and it could hold meetings where resolutions could be passed condemning the "real enemy", the Cardiff City Supporters Trust?

At the High Court on Wednesday the club which Ian Rush began his career with ceased to exist a few minutes before we were up before Mrs Registrar Derrett. There has to be a chance that we will go the same way as Chester City on 5 May and, surely, now more than ever, supporters should be united in the fight to try to save our club or, if the worst comes to the worst, and Cardiff City is wound up, working out where we go from there. Instead though, you get the impression that, for some at least, it is more important to keep petty feuds going with fellow supporters who, in the end, all want the same thing - that is, our club to be free from the financial vultures currently circling us.

I am pleased that two supporters organisations have put out a joint statement in response to what happened on Wednesday because the more we can speak with one voice, the more influential we can become. Regardless of who wrote the statement, I think it is well worded and represents an improvement on the previous rather non committal offerings we have seen.

Because I do nearly all of my posting on Mike Morris' site, I daresay this message will be dismissed as the ramblings of a Trust loving "sniper" and, it is true that I am a member of the Trust. However, I also took part in the supporters march last Saturday and, as things stand, would go on any others that may be organised over the next few weeks (I've also just signed the petition calling on Peter Ridsdale to resign), but to read some of the contributions on here, you would think that you cannot be a member of the Trust and go on marches and sign petitions - it has to be one or the other.

Splitter :lol: :lol:

I thought last week's march went well and succeeded in bringing what is going on at Cardiff City to the attention of a wider public. The thing is though that those on here who slag off the Trust because it only speaks for a minority of supporters should ponder on this. Despite all the publicity and media attention the march got, for every one City supporter in the crowd last Saturday who went on it, there were another eight who didn't - if the Trust represents a minority of fans, then doesn't the same apply to the march, yet many who went on it seem to think that their approach is the only way forward.

It's inevitable that amongst a group of 20,000 people you are going to have different strands of opinion, but we are now in a position where squabbling needs to be put to one side as we all try to use what talents we have (and we have an awful lot of different skills between us) to try and do the best we can for the club we love - if we are still bickering and trying to score points off each other while Cardiff City goes to the wall on May 5, we would be as guilty of causing it's death as Ridsdale and co.