Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TLG Last Night

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:37 am

To be honest I'm absolutely appalled at the shocking treatment dished out to TLG last night. I have no personal affinity with TLG, indeed having been referred to as a sniping c*nt by him once and having had several other spats with him I fully understand how he can bring certain situations on himself. Indeed, one could probably imagine TLG starting an argument between his own toes, something Mrs Salad often levels against me too, but the vitriolic personal abuse given to him last night was utterly pathetic, cowardly and the epitome of despicable internet bullying at its worst. Yes, to my mind the statement was weak, laughable even as it merely alludes to and implores the current board to;

a. have a conscience
b. put the Club before themselves
c. perform with competence

none of which have been displayed thus far and something a heart-rendering plea in the form of a statement, but little else, simply will not even register with them. Truth be told, I'd be amazed if they haven't treated it with utter contempt, sniggering to themselves like naughty schoolboys who know they have got away with doing bad. For the purpose of fair play, much like at least one of our prior protests previously induced. But that shouldn't be a cue to rip TLG to shreds personally, ganging up on him en masse to character assassinate him with glee. Criticism of the statement as I'm sure TLG would accept is fair game, but the holy hell unleashed on him personally last night, certainly not.

A lot seems to centre around the march with TLG and the Trust not supporting it. First and foremost for clarity, I wholeheartedly support the march and believe we should have been doing so since well before the turn of the year. I also wholeheartedly supported the Trust’s endeavours to get answers via the EGM, which unfortunately, albeit predictably, turned out to be a damp squib and merely an opportunity for yet another epic Peter Ridsdale performance. Much as I support the march, I see where TLG is coming from by questioning what marching will achieve. Will the board suddenly realise the errors of their ways & start righting their wrongs with immediate and dramatic results? Will they suddenly disappear to be replaced by a Saudi Prince who has secretly been a City fan for years? Will it have any positive impact on the way the club is run at all? Almost certainly not.

What it would and did achieve is attracting more coverage in less than an hour than anything thus far did, possibly even the EGM itself. What is the goal of these protests? I would suggest simply to let those running (though ruining would be ore apt) the club know that we will not stand by like sacrificial lambs whilst they rape and pillage our club any longer. If we’re going down, we’re going down with a fight rather than apathy. Sustained, organised campaigns can have an effect over time, something I appreciate we no longer have, but even should protesting not yield any dividends, I and I’m sure others would feel somewhat better knowing we did something even if it were futile should the worst happen than to have done nothing. I would suggest a 2,000+ contingent of Cardiff City fans marching to the ground with much publicity hit home a little more than the statement did. I would also suggest that whilst TLG has criticised the march, what does he propose instead? If the Trust can be more pro-active and help us the fans unite in the same cause, then bring it on. As it stands, one man with no affiliation other than to be a Cardiff City fan, albeit better known than most, has done more than any organisation thus far.

It seems the pro-marchers, of which I am one, believe TLG is the enemy for not supporting it. That is simply wrong. That is not to say I don’t wish TLG would support the march, I do, I wish every City fans did, it would be a message that could simply not be ignored. I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself whilst relieving myself in the Ninian on the day of the march to hear a guy pouring scorn on the march sneering “It won’t change anything anyway.” He was and is probably right, but making disingenuous barbs whilst holding his c*ck certainly won’t change anything, doing something might. I hope that TLG will soon see that, unless I’m missing something, there is nothing else we can do now other than protest. Even if all avenues have not yet been exhausted, now is the time to integrate all possible action for the same cause, getting this board out of our club.

For those who have cast so many stones in TLG’s direction, as I have mentioned before, I believe the protests we are seeing now are too little and certainly far too late. I believe we should have been demonstrating since well before the turn of the year, yet we did nothing. Does that make us fans any less? Of course not. Huge credit must go to Annis and the guys who arranged the march, but why was this not organised months ago when it had a chance to have an effect? To my mind, we have seen the light too late ourselves, so it’s a little rich to criticise anyone else when I believe we are too late anyway. Why are we not seeing orchestrated campaigns to boycott games and not to put another penny into the club whilst these fools remain in charge? Because it is merely an opinion, my opinion, which is a little more draconian than most, whilst TLG’s views are at the other end of the spectrum and conservative in the extreme, but it is something we are all entitled to have without fear of retribution. Constructive debate, yes, but what we saw last night was simply destructive.

This board has been so much better than any other I have been on, but last night has left a very sour taste in the mouth for me. Quite how so many threads were allowed to degenerate as they did is something only the moderators can answer. Many threads have been locked for far, far less. Indeed, it is worth noticing that the similar posting on the much maligned CCMB site is completely bereft of anything approaching the personal abuse on here. Maybe I’m being too cynical in saying that maybe this was allowed to go on because it was something certain people wished to do, even though it goes against everything I was led this board was supposed to stand for; informative, constructive debate & contrasting opinions without the personal abuse many are subjected to elsewhere. Unfortunately, I would say on here last night was the worst I have seen anywhere.

Re: TLG Last Night

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 am

Please can we leave all this alone and move on.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:55 am

Salad TLG didn't get ripped apart personally, but was told some very sound home truths and he hasn't been backwards in coming forwards in that department himself before now.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Personal abuse last night? Most of the abuse i saw was aimed at the Trust and not TLG.

My gripe is with the Trust and not TLG never met the guy, sure we disagree on here on many a subject but last nights was a Trust matter and I dont belive it was aimed at TLG the person.

One thing I will assume about TLG (again ive never met him) is that stuff on message boards he doenst let get to him.I do all the time :lol:

Like I say I didnt see anything that was personal abuse at TLG.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:27 pm

The Rhooster wrote:Personal abuse last night? Most of the abuse i saw was aimed at the Trust and not TLG.

My gripe is with the Trust and not TLG never met the guy, sure we disagree on here on many a subject but last nights was a Trust matter and I dont belive it was aimed at TLG the person.

One thing I will assume about TLG (again ive never met him) is that stuff on message boards he doenst let get to him.I do all the time :lol:

Like I say I didnt see anything that was personal abuse at TLG.
i was watching it closely there was no personal abuse, if so we wouls delete it straight away, as a lot of posters know, we will not tolerate it