Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY SHIT WEEK!!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Well, things were looking good at about 5pm on saturday, City had just ground out a hard earned win against Middlesborough. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got.

I made my way into work immediately after the game, feeling quite chipper. As soon as I got into work though, my mood changed almost instantly as I found out I was being suspended for my part in an argument the previous night. I was told to "f**k off" by a colleague, who I confronted, then threw a piece of paper at.

City then put in a disasterous performance at Portman Road, which dampened my mood even more, as the next day I had my 'investigation meeting' into my suspension. Myself and my union rep went away from the meeting in good spirits feeling I'd get no more than a slap on the wrist, as such arguments are common place in the pressurised FMCG industry, and especially in my department.

Friday was my 'disciplinary meeting' where I was informed that I was being SACKED for what was perceived to be Physical and Verbal abuse of a colleague in breach of the anti-harrassment act. Physical abuse was when I threw the paper at him. The colleague I'd argued with (who didn't actually complain about the incident) got away without even a warning. 7 years and 24k basic a year down the drain. I've got an appeal next week and my solicitors are waiting for the outcome to move forward with and unfair dismissal case at an industrial tribunal.

Then today, after waking up in a sombre mood as it was, I found out mine and my mrs proposed move to Cyncoed from Ely had fallen through.

So all in all not a brilliant week. Hopefully City can win today to put a smile on my face. And then hopefully my appeal goes well.

:(

Re: MY SHIT WEEK!!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Well, things were looking good at about 5pm on saturday, City had just ground out a hard earned win against Middlesborough. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got.

I made my way into work immediately after the game, feeling quite chipper. As soon as I got into work though, my mood changed almost instantly as I found out I was being suspended for my part in an argument the previous night. I was told to "f**k off" by a colleague, who I confronted, then threw a piece of paper at.

City then put in a disasterous performance at Portman Road, which dampened my mood even more, as the next day I had my 'investigation meeting' into my suspension. Myself and my union rep went away from the meeting in good spirits feeling I'd get no more than a slap on the wrist, as such arguments are common place in the pressurised FMCG industry, and especially in my department.

Friday was my 'disciplinary meeting' where I was informed that I was being SACKED for what was perceived to be Physical and Verbal abuse of a colleague in breach of the anti-harrassment act. Physical abuse was when I threw the paper at him. The colleague I'd argued with (who didn't actually complain about the incident) got away without even a warning. 7 years and 24k basic a year down the drain. I've got an appeal next week and my solicitors are waiting for the outcome to move forward with and unfair dismissal case at an industrial tribunal.

Then today, after waking up in a sombre mood as it was, I found out mine and my mrs proposed move to Cyncoed from Ely had fallen through.

So all in all not a brilliant week. Hopefully City can win today to put a smile on my face. And then hopefully my appeal goes well.

Hope things work out for you, and your appeal is successful. :shock:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:59 pm

What the f**k is the world coming to when you get sacked for something like that.

Keep yer chin up mate, I'm sure you're appeal will go for you.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks guys. The amount of support I've had from the boys I work with has been overwhelming. They've contacted the union and want to take industrial action against the company. I'm not sure what that'd achieve, but it's great knowing they care and that they're behind me 100%

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:48 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Thanks guys. The amount of support I've had from the boys I work with has been overwhelming. They've contacted the union and want to take industrial action against the company. I'm not sure what that'd achieve, but it's great knowing they care and that they're behind me 100%

STRIKE!!!!!

Bob Crow's your man lol

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 pm

hope it all works out for you mate, take em all the way :D

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:52 pm

thrown paper!!! i would of decked the fucker, then you boss

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Well, things were looking good at about 5pm on saturday, City had just ground out a hard earned win against Middlesborough. Unfortunately, that was as good as it got.

I would like to say different but I think you will have a hard time at your appeal. Employers are really hot on this kind of thing, not because they want to stop bullying of their employees, but because they can be sued very easily because the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 set a presedence of Vicarious liability.

I am amazed that the fella you threw the paper at hasn't formally complained but I have a feeling he might not actually have to, it could be someone else who witnessed the incident.

At your appeal I would appologise unreservably, stress that it was never your intention to harass anyone and you are willing to work in another department if you have to.

Best of luck mate and IMO your employer has grossly over reacted. In the old days you would have both gone in the office for a bollocking and shook hands afterwards.

tony

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm

good luck with your appeal :ayatollah:

looks likely city will let us down again today :evil:

Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 pm

That truly is shit mate. Jesus my workmates and me would be sacked evey day. What a joke this is and what is it coming to. Makes me think they had it in for you from the start and was looking for a reason to get rid.
Good luck in finding new imployment chief

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I would like to say different but I think you will have a hard time at your appeal. Employers are really hot on this kind of thing, not because they want to stop bullying of their employees, but because they can be sued very easily because the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 set a presedence of Vicarious liability.

I am amazed that the fella you threw the paper at hasn't formally complained but I have a feeling he might not actually have to, it could be someone else who witnessed the incident.

At your appeal I would appologise unreservably, stress that it was never your intention to harass anyone and you are willing to work in another department if you have to.

Best of luck mate and IMO your employer has grossly over reacted. In the old days you would have both gone in the office for a bollocking and shook hands afterwards.

tony

The guy I had an argument with has actually got a message to me today to say he was gutted that I've lost my job over the whole incident. I've worked closely with him for the last 3 years and as you'd expect in a high pressure job, we've had many disagreements and full blown rows in that time. This time, for some unknown reason, our manager (who has the worst temper out of anyone I know) decided to report it to the department manager who thought it best to suspend us. Yet, this department manager went nose to nose with another shift manager this week with no reprecussons.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Good luck Mr D. :ayatollah:

Shame City never helped your week either. :x

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Good luck with the appeal if it goes Tits up, Pm me and i can give you some advice)

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm

shit week mate, things can only get better.Onwards and upwards fella.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Mr Davies wrote:Thanks guys. The amount of support I've had from the boys I work with has been overwhelming. They've contacted the union and want to take industrial action against the company. I'm not sure what that'd achieve, but it's great knowing they care and that they're behind me 100%

"dont know what that would achieve"? Everything we've had in this country we've had to fight for.
From the 1926 general strike right up until our great miners strike of 1984/85 we've had to fight.
None more so than the fight we are in at the moment to get rid of Ridders. We march, we demonstrate,
we ring his f*cking neck if we could, but whatever we get out of it - we'll have had to have fought for.

Chin up mate, they cannot sack you for that. Good luck