Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Merthyr Yobs

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Thursday night a bit of the horses field behind my house was set alight.

Earlier on it was again.

And now a big part of the mountain in Troed-Y-Rhiw (the village over from me) is alight. (Dafydd maybe has more news on that as its his village)

People are really sad, they have nothing better to do

Re: Merthyr Yobs

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Forgot to add last night too

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:50 pm

i live it trecynon and could see the smoke coming over the mountain

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 pm

The fire on 'Rhiw mountain still going strong

Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:51 pm

There are fires up by me on Penrhys mountain, loads had to be evacuated.

Some people are so stupid :evil:

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Passed Tonypandy on thursday & the mountain was ablaze & tonight Llantrisant common was on fire. There's not some weirdo out there with a box of matches.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:24 am

yes it was effin huge that fire young fish i noticed it as i staggerd home pissed,feckin idiots its not long before someones house gets burnt down and dies cos they light the fires awfully close to the houses! :twisted:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

for fux sake i thought this was a football board.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:40 am

Lets hope that those who cause the fires get trapped in it, harsh but sometimes its the only way they;ll learn.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:43 am

Yeah, I saw these fires as I was picking my girlfriend up from her mother's in Merthyr as I drove along the A470. It looked quite spectacular in an ironic sense but it's so stupid that people persist in this. It was obvious it was done on purpose by the way the fire was in rings. Very dangerous and I hope they catch whoever did it because sadly it's becoming the 'cool' thing to do with the remedials.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am

keeta wrote:for fux sake i thought this was a football board.

so all conversations must be kept to footy?...........dont be daft !

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm

im not saying that but theres more important issues than a mountain fire in merthyr.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 pm

keeta wrote:im not saying that but theres more important issues than a mountain fire in merthyr.

There was a football on the mountain at the time - so now this is a 'football discussion' :lol:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:25 pm

hahahaha nice 1 "blazing"saddles.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:26 pm

I got a mate in Troed yr Rhiw. Do you know him Dav ? his name is Craig Morgan. Fuzzy is his nick name. was a boxer up there

Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:54 pm

GarethGardner wrote:I got a mate in Troed yr Rhiw. Do you know him Dav ? his name is Craig Morgan. Fuzzy is his nick name. was a boxer up there

yes i dont know him to talk to but i know who he is he used to or might still train up dowlais gym where my mate used to train before he turned professional :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:57 pm

Fire Service inandated with calls last couple of days the idiots who light these fires want locking up just hope theres no serious house fire or accidents when the pumps are busy elsewhere just glad i dont work there anymore

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/south ... -26052251/

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Practically the entire Rhondda valley has burnt these past few days.
The bit of scenery we have these muppets think it's good to burn it and ruin the views for everyone else.
It would be a shame if they got hurt in one of thier own fires. :evil:

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 pm

You always know if its a dry day in Merthyr Tydfil as there is a fire.