Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE TRANSFER EMBARGO

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:45 am

Will it get lifted when the deal goes ahead enabling us to get some loan players in.

Re: THE TRANSFER EMBARGO

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 am

I don't think it will be lifted unless payments are made so it all depends on that rather than the takeover itself.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 am

Zabier wrote:I don't think it will be lifted unless payments are made so it all depends on that rather than the takeover itself.

I was under the impression as long as all dues are paid then the embargo can be lifted.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:52 am

It will have to be quick as the loan window closes on the 25th. My feeling is we will have to go with what we have got

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:24 pm

I think it unwise we talk of loans etc........ we are by far paying out too much in salaries as it is.

We should concentrate on survival and get rid of the dead wood at the end of the season.

TBH with some players we have rather than just release I think we should offer some a contract on greatly reduced salaries......... Capaldi comes to mind.

Having said that many half decent players will be released this summer........ we should stick to our guns and make sure we do not offer silly money for players .

I look forward to salary caps for the football league......... 9k Championsip 5k 1st Division and 2.5 k 2nd Division.

BTW.........do you know if all players have agents or can some actually represent themselves?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 pm

nobby wrote:Will it get lifted when the deal goes ahead enabling us to get some loan players in.

If the bill to HMRC is paid it will.

StT.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 pm

It would be as simple as £9k per player in the championship, it would be that a club as a whole could spend no more than a certain percentage of their income on wages, e.g. if we brought in £10 million per year we may be allowed to spend £6 million per year on wages meaning we could have a squad of 20 players on an average of 6k a week or a squad of 25 on an average of 4,600 a week

we will get left behind if this happens before we reach the prem as other clubs have parachute payments etc whereas we dont

Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Bunk wrote:It would be as simple as £9k per player in the championship, it would be that a club as a whole could spend no more than a certain percentage of their income on wages, e.g. if we brought in £10 million per year we may be allowed to spend £6 million per year on wages meaning we could have a squad of 20 players on an average of 6k a week or a squad of 25 on an average of 4,600 a week

we will get left behind if this happens before we reach the prem as other clubs have parachute payments etc whereas we dont

I still think a maximum salary for any player is best.

Its up to clubs to put into contracts a clause that means a big drop in salary if relegated.

For far too long it's been too one sided on the players side.

Big clubs always have an advantage .

In the next few years there are going to be big changes in the game.......... about time too.

Lazy unloyal players...... your time is up! ;-)

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Maximum salary is illegal. So that's a non starter.

Salary caps, sorry, way too many problems with them.

Say 9k per player - over how many players? Say 24, then 24x9 = 214k a week. You still spend 18k on one player, means you run with a smaller squad.

What then happens if you get relegated? Cap down to an average of 5k - players leave, even more than now. Team decimated, faces another relegation battle.

Team gets promoted into a league with a hgher cap -what do they do? Facing a potential relegation battle, do they exceed the cap for the div below or remain under it, knowing that's where they will end up, potentially?

Percentage of turnover - based on what? Annual accounts? Those are always going to be somewhat out due to the timing of the filing, plus benefits larger teams.

Salary caps work in America because there are a small number of teams in the leagues, NHL, NBA, NFL. There's also no relegation or promotion, so working out a cap limit is a lot, lot easier.

British teams thus have a salary cap - what about European teams? Are they also subject to it? In which case you've got to develop caps across the board for relative divisions, factoring in local economic factors, ie taxation et al.

Which basically means British football could be dragged to the level of French football - which is so shit, they get bigger attendances for egg!

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm

ianfens wrote:
Bunk wrote:It would be as simple as £9k per player in the championship, it would be that a club as a whole could spend no more than a certain percentage of their income on wages, e.g. if we brought in £10 million per year we may be allowed to spend £6 million per year on wages meaning we could have a squad of 20 players on an average of 6k a week or a squad of 25 on an average of 4,600 a week

Its up to clubs to put into contracts a clause that means a big drop in salary if relegated.

In the next few years there are going to be big changes in the game.......... about time too.

Dint think i would ever post this Chief but your post is excellent and i agree with you 100%

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
ianfens wrote:

Dint think i would ever post this Chief but your post is excellent and i agree with you 100%

Cheers, I know I tend to complain a lot but it really sticks in my throat that a twenty something can earn 5-20k a week ... put the minimum effort in and come out smelling of roses.

.....and yet we're the mugs who fork out hard earned cash for the lazy fuckers....... I expect the odd bad game....... but lack of effort never!