Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

just back from coventry

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:39 pm

just back from coventry after my mate drived in the end, not a bad game i suppose, nice to see malysians flags there, atphompshere was good from us fair play.... descions went our way 2nite for once tbh, i think they had 2 stone wall pens turned dwn, one when we was 2-1 up.... but then again first 15 mins of second half we could have been 4-1 up so it equals it self out, anybody think different????? Btw annis liked ur song about warren feeney in second half, i realy like to see him play but 2day i dont think he would have made a difference but maybe come sunday he mite do with ross and chopra not hittin any form so good luck to the bloke

Marshall - 5 (Not good at catchin catches)

Kevin - 5 (some slpoer passes first half but made up for it)

Gerrard - 5 (did ok made the headers that he needed to, didnt mark his man for goal)

Matthews - 5 ( probs the same as gerrard those to didnt talk for goal)

Whitts - 2 ( only thing he did was score winner, no complain tho)

Burke - 5 ( scored but unlucky tried to run but they kept munchin him 2nite)

Kennedy - 7 (best player for us, got forward alot and tried to help the attack, defendin was good aswell dont think he wasted ball more then 3 times, keep goin)

Mcphail - 9 (outstandin, passin was brill espically for whitss offside goal and determation was brill )

Ross - 0 ( Hes shit no wonder chops keeps playin)

Bothroyd - 6 (kept runnin fair play)

Subs

Quinn - 0 (just leave)

Rae - 6 (played ok in second half)

Feeney - 10 (ok didnt play but he deserved to after ross and chops bad perfomances)

Re: just back from coventry

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Ross has failed to take his chance, time to bring back Chopra for Sunday.

We'll be lucky to get £1million for Ross.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:05 am

Ross is a fraction of the player he was last season. Still cant believe I heard people call him fatty. thing was it was justified.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 am

burke only 5 :shock: i thought he was fantastic all our threat was coming from his side he murderd them he deserves a 9!!!he never lost the ball i dont think he either won a free kick or beat his man and was a thorn in their side all game!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:19 am

CCFC_Forever wrote:just back from coventry after my mate drived in the end, not a bad game i suppose, nice to see malysians flags there, atphompshere was good from us fair play.... descions went our way 2nite for once tbh, i think they had 2 stone wall pens turned dwn, one when we was 2-1 up.... but then again first 15 mins of second half we could have been 4-1 up so it equals it self out, anybody think different????? Btw annis liked ur song about warren feeney in second half, i realy like to see him play but 2day i dont think he would have made a difference but maybe come sunday he mite do with ross and chopra not hittin any form so good luck to the bloke

Kevin - 5 (some slpoer passes first half but made up for it)

Gerrard - 5 (did ok made the headers that he needed to, didnt mark his man for goal)

Matthews - 5 ( probs the same as gerrard those to didnt talk for goal)

Whitts - 2 ( only thing he did was score winner, no complain tho)

Burke - 5 ( scored but unlucky tried to run but they kept munchin him 2nite)

Kennedy - 7 (best player for us, got forward alot and tried to help the attack, defendin was good aswell dont think he wasted ball more then 3 times, keep goin)

Mcphail - 9 (outstandin, passin was brill espically for whitss offside goal and determation was brill )

Ross - 0 ( Hes shit no wonder chops keeps playin)

Bothroyd - 6 (kept runnin fair play)

Subs

Quinn - 0 (just leave)

Rae - 6 (played ok in second half)

Feeney - 10 (ok didnt play but he deserved to after ross and chops bad perfomances)

Can't agree with most of what you've said. Cov had 2 stonewall pens turned down? I don't think so. What about ours? Jay tripped in the box and the other handball (much more of a pen than the one he did give). Giving Super Kevin a 5? You're having a larf. He was outstanding in defence while he was on. Burkey brilliant tonight and you give him a 5? And what about Darcy? He did really well tonight. 1st half in midfield, then our second emergency centre back of the night and you forgot he was playing? All about opinions but I think you're wrong on almost all counts. I agree McPhail was class. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 am

What about Blake?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
Can't agree with most of what you've said. And what about Darcy? He did really well tonight. 1st half in midfield, then our second emergency centre back of the night and you forgot he was playing? All about opinions but I think you're wrong on almost all counts. I agree McPhail was class. :ayatollah:

In fairness, I didn't go last night, I couldn't. But any match ratings that come out like this:

I can't take seriously. Not sure if we were meant to tbh.

Really? Sounds like the polar opposite of everything required in a goalkeeper.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:47 am

Ross has gone totally backwards and needs to sort himself out and lay off the drink.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:16 am

Forever Blue wrote:Ross has gone totally backwards and needs to sort himself out and lay off the drink.

heard from various people that he rates a good drink, met him once but i was pissed as a fart myself so cant comment. :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 am

I've heard too many stories from a number of different people that I trust along the same lines. Ross doesn't look fit or interested and seems to spend most of his time falling out of Cardiff pubs completely blasted. If he was performing on the pitch we could turn a blind eye but he ain't. If you remember back to the Scunthorpe home game he played out wide and, despite looking overweight, had a great game creating chances and making us wonder whether Burkey would get a game this season.

Since his injury his attitude just stinks and he doesn't seem to want to put the hard work in and doesn't look like scoring. He had a real chance with Chops out for 2 games but he hasn't taken it and Chops will come back in on Sunday and, hopefully, start banging them in after his rest.

I can't see any other club taking a risk on Ross in the summer for anything more than £750K, still a profit for us but nowhere near the £3m he was being touted at in the summer.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

last night , for me Burke (8) was excellent, whitts(6) did ok ,great penalty under a lot of pressure, mcphail (9), cool and assured great passing ability, rae (6) very solid when he came on , Blake(7) excellent second half, jay (7) too much time on the floor but some great link up play. Gerrard(6) solid no nonsense. Matthews (6) solid but caught out once or twice , quinn(6) did a job.
Super kev (7) , solid as a rock great consistency.
Ross (5)poor, kennedy(5) awful in my opinion.

Marshall (7) couple of decent stops.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm

How can you only give McNaughton a 5? Sure some of his passes weren't good, but a few times Kennedy played him the ball while McNaughton was under pressure himself, so he didn't have time to look for a decent pass. McNaughton won pretty much every header and totally snuffed out their attacks. Our defence relies on McNaughton a hell of a lot and it showed last night.

As for Kennedy, at times he was diabolical, but other times he showed a bit of class. Just not consistent.

Don't understand how you rated Quinn as 0. He was on the pitch for 10 minutes. Or are you just rating his performance last night on the basis that you didn't like his performances in previous games?