Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gutless w@nkers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:34 am

Coventry last night... What makes me angry is some people on here that really slate the manager and players when we lose calling them allsorts, especialy disagree with the personal insults thrown around :evil: How can anyone say they dont care they are gutted just like me when we lose. They all showed tremendous character to come back from 1 nil down ( yes i am shocked to!!) against all the odds to win despite our desperately thin squad, we played 2nd half with a midfield player in center of defence and really didn't have any other options on the bench to change things up front where Ross was having another frustrating game. Gutless? I for one was shiting myself when we were awarded the penalty, it was pure theatre with the cov. goalie especialy trying to put Whitts off, you could see how much it meant with Gerrard making sure he prepared the area around the spot and had word with Whitts who had to wait what seemed like 5 minutes before he smashed it in and the players and us went crazy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: A great win which we deserved, lets keep it going and get behind the team there is bound to be a few more 'downs' to go with the 'up' from last night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Gutless w@nkers

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 am

Great Win, last night and When you win in the last minute, its even better, the players played well and fought well last night, but they have not been doing this every week. You will never change my mind on Dave jones and I have told him personally what I think as I did with Peter Ridsdale.

But yes Loved last night and hopefully it will fire us to a Winning Run :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 am

"we played 2nd half with a midfield player in center of defence "

Blake has played center of defence regularly for Wales U21s. He isn't a midfielder...

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:50 am

i've still got the same opinion of DJ as a manager that I had before last nights win.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 am

nerd wrote:"we played 2nd half with a midfield player in center of defence "

Blake has played center of defence regularly for Wales U21s. He isn't a midfielder...

See I think he is. It's all about opinions and he's obviously a versatile player which can only be good when it comes down to our squad and indeed Wales's.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:15 am

Yes but wales only put him there To fill a gap, point I was making was that our squad is very thin, however Darcy played well there and personaly think his future is in defence :ayatollah: And anyway from your way of thinking he was playing out of position in the 1st half then :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 am

DaveSheffield wrote:

See I think he is. It's all about opinions and he's obviously a versatile player which can only be good when it comes down to our squad and indeed Wales's.

being a versatile player seems to have been his biggest stumbling block in professional football.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:21 am

DaveSheffield wrote:

Steve Nicol syndrome. Not good enough to make a regular position his own, able to fill in every now and then.

His passing isn't anywhere near good enough to regularly play in the center of midfield, the major knock about him at center back is a lack of height. The love of Big Macs ain't gonna help him get up in the air :p

His best chance of regular football would be at right back - we have more than enough full backs.

As for Wales at senior level, we've a lot of midfield options. We've several players there who can play right back - Gunter, Ricketts, Eardley. Center back, again, we've enough established players there.

I suspect he'll fall away over the seasons, end up moving elsewhere for regular football.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am

So, do you think we won yesterdays game because of a tactical masterstroke by Dave Jones?? Because I don't. I think we won because a few players tried and battled, and we won a last minute penalty. Nothing to do with Jones. Jones, when chasing a game and with two strikers not playing well, decides to bring on a right back. I'd give Jones a 1/10 last night.

You say Ross had another frustrating game but we've no other options. Warren Feeney is an option!! He is a striker with a proven track record who is not given a chance. No-one can slag him off because no-one has seen him play. Ross McCormack is a disgrace. He doesn't care about the club, all he cares about is what pub to go to next. He is on the piss everyday (even before matchdays) and is letting himself go bigtime. Why does he deserve a chance over someone who does extra training by himself just to keep fit?? Someone who has been ostrasized because of a personal spat??

Jay Bothroyd is THE most frustrating player I've ever seen at Cardiff City. The boy oozes talent, in fact, I'd go so far to say that he has Premiership talent with conference attitude (which is an insult to conference players). His attitude is the reason he won't get the move to the big time that he desires. He sulks, strops and moans when things don't go his way and he may as well not be on the pitch. Last night was one of those nights.

Mark Kennedy. I've never before seen a player that must be using sexual favours in return for a starting line up. And it has been bandied about that he is going to get a new contract at the club. Well, if thats true, a) I'd hate to think what he has to do for that, and b) I hope the embargo isn't lifted so he can f**k off.

Last night, Kevin McNaughton was solid yet again. He is the best player, I believe, we have at the club. He is so versatile, and doesn't look out of place anywhere across the backline. I just hope he has a knock that can be fixed by sunday.

Darcy Blake is really growing into a championship player. He was having a great game in the first half as the ying to McPhail's yang in midfield, then he looked as equally comfortable in the 2nd in the heart of defence. He has struggled with his confidence before (down to Jones) but I think the move to Plymouth helped him as a player and we are currently reaping the benefits.

And a special mention goes to Steve McPhail who, after only playing his first 90 minutes in 4 and a half months on Tuesday, was the cog in the middle running things for the bluebirds. Fantastic to see him back.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 am

Blaming Jones for Blake?

You wrote with reference to McCormack "and is letting himself go bigtime".

Jones has pointed out Blake's problem was his poor diet.
Blake himself acknowledged his diet issues.

Your point about McCormack thus applies to Blake equally.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:37 am

nerd wrote:Blaming Jones for Blake?

Read again, I blamed Jones for Blakes 'lack of confidence'. It didn't matter how Blake played in a game, he knew that he wouldn't get a look in again as soon as Gunter/McNaughton was fit.

And the difference is, whilst Blakes diet may not have been great, he wasn't on the piss at 3am the night before a game. And if he was, he wasn't as bold about it as McCormack.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 am

Mr Davies wrote:
nerd wrote:Blaming Jones for Blake?

Read again, I blamed Jones for Blakes 'lack of confidence'. It didn't matter how Blake played in a game, he knew that he wouldn't get a look in again as soon as Gunter/McNaughton was fit.

And the difference is, whilst Blakes diet may not have been great, he wasn't on the piss at 3am the night before a game. And if he was, he wasn't as bold about it as McCormack.

Blake did ok when he came in. Not great. Gunter and McNaughton were better full backs. Can't hold them out for Blake's "confidence".

There's little difference. Drink too much - affects performance. Puts weight on. Poor diet - affects performance. Puts weight on.

Both are down to the "professionalism" of the player.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 am

So you're saying there is no difference between eating one big mac too many and being out at 3am, completely legless, on a matchday morning??

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:49 am

Its all about opinions, I agree jay and ross weren't on 'top form'.. far from it but I always felt we would get a winner with them on the pitch and I dont think Feeney could have made a difference because i dont rate him at this level, I would not slag him off however and if he did get a chance I would be supporting him :ayatollah:
Your allegations about Ross i have no idea if true and dont really care if he has a drink now and then aslong as it doesn't effect his performance to much..He to needs a run in the side and there were a couple of flashes last night of his ability, im just hoping he will come good for the run in. Not sure either about Feeney being ostrasized he was on the bench and in the squad.
I do agree with your comments about Jay (so frustrating) and other positive comments about last nights team. Kennedy has been poor all season but did get forward in the 2nd half last night, although he would't get another contract from me even if he was offering 'sexual favours' as you put it :lol: :lol:
In conclusion, I to was suprised to see Quinn coming on when I thought perhaps it was going to be Feeney but it proved to be tactical genius because we won the game :lol: Dave Jones 9/10
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:50 am

Mr Davies wrote:So you're saying there is no difference between eating one big mac too many and being out at 3am, completely legless, on a matchday morning??

In terms of performance on the pitch, not a great deal.

"One big mac too many" - please - do you seriously believe Jones comments, which Blake confirmed, refer to "One big mac too many".

it's more accurate to say his entire diet was wrong, the wrong types of foods. It's overly simplistic to put it down to overeating.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:50 am

Mr Davies wrote:So you're saying there is no difference between eating one big mac too many and being out at 3am, completely legless, on a matchday morning??

im hardcore me i mix both.

But was he really out till 3 am night before a game?? surely he'd wreak off booze breath when he turned up?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

The Rhooster wrote:

im hardcore me i mix both.

But was he really out till 3 am night before a game?? surely he'd wreak off booze breath when he turned up?

Yeah, he was seen!! Plus, he's on the piss in Penarth with Whitts most days!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:04 am

nerd wrote:

In terms of performance on the pitch, not a great deal.

"One big mac too many" - please - do you seriously believe Jones comments, which Blake confirmed, refer to "One big mac too many".

it's more accurate to say his entire diet was wrong, the wrong types of foods. It's overly simplistic to put it down to overeating.

Ok, whichever way you look at it, Darcy's diet was wrong.

But being pissed at 3am on a matchday, and drinking all week, and then not actually giving a flying f**k about it is 100% worse!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 am

I am on the piss most days in Penarth too lol

Will keep an eye out for them if i am capable lol
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 am

I don't care if we win every last one of our remaining games, I will still want jones out!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 am

ridofrid wrote:I am on the piss most days in Penarth too lol

Will keep an eye out for them if i am capable lol
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Where in Penarth do you drink??

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:48 am

I will only want Jones out if we fail to make the playoffs this season. Maybe give him one more year if the Malaysians come in. I just enjoy the football we play under Jones the majority of the time. It's exciting to watch. Last night was a fine win but as with defeats, I won't go getting all emotional about it. There's only three points separating us and 7th... there's still a long way to go yet and a lot of twists to come.

Last night finally showed that maybe we have turned a corner. Finally a win on the road plus winning after going behind. With McPhail and Whittingham back we are a new team and Chopra will be back feeding off their balls (so to speak) on Sunday. I can see us hammering Watford on Sunday to be honest. I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 2 or 3 goals easily.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 am

The Blue 'Knows' wrote:Coventry last night... What makes me angry is some people on here that really slate the manager and players when we lose calling them allsorts, especialy disagree with the personal insults thrown around :evil: How can anyone say they dont care they are gutted just like me when we lose. They all showed tremendous character to come back from 1 nil down ( yes i am shocked to!!) against all the odds to win despite our desperately thin squad, we played 2nd half with a midfield player in center of defence and really didn't have any other options on the bench to change things up front where Ross was having another frustrating game. Gutless? I for one was shiting myself when we were awarded the penalty, it was pure theatre with the cov. goalie especialy trying to put Whitts off, you could see how much it meant with Gerrard making sure he prepared the area around the spot and had word with Whitts who had to wait what seemed like 5 minutes before he smashed it in and the players and us went crazy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: A great win which we deserved, lets keep it going and get behind the team there is bound to be a few more 'downs' to go with the 'up' from last night :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

To me, Dave Jones picks his team, tells them how to play and considers his job done. If it goes wrong on the pitch I
genuinely think he cannot entertain it could be anything to do with his management. Which is bad management.
City can go out and win 5 games on the bounce, then go out and lose the following 5. His response to the end of season capitulation last year smacks to me of a manager shrugging his shoulders and saying "dont look at me, I done my job"
Which, again, is bad management!

For me though, its his constant references to the bad old days when those horrible accusation were thrown at him
that rile me the most. Sooner than putting that time behind him, he seems to wear it like a badge of honour and is
too quick to dismiss problems at the City as '"Petty, compared to what I've been through!!"... Now that may well be the
case, but City struggling and losing and playing with no heart or direction is far from petty to 20,000 supporters. We
need someone at the helm who really cares. But more than that, someone who is prepared to admit to his own mistakes,
and roll up his sleeves and get on with it. methinks Dave Jones will never be that man. If HE is so obviously loathe to
accept any criticism, then are his players likely to respect him as a boss??

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Yesterday was a fantastic win, but it was the 6th comeback in 102 games under Jones, which is not good enough.

Fantastic win and i was absolutely buzzing, but the record is still apalling.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 pm

In my Opinion it was def not down to Dave Jones yesterdays Win it was more down to the players fought and battled for 94 Minutes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In my Opinion it was def not down to Dave Jones yesterdays Win it was more down to the players fought and battled for 94 Minutes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

interesting , not sure I agree with that. :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:38 pm

undybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:In my Opinion it was def not down to Dave Jones yesterdays Win it was more down to the players fought and battled for 94 Minutes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Before yesterday His Plan B, 95 games 1 nil down over 5 years, come back to win 5.
02nd worst manager stats in all leagues.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
undybluebird wrote:

Before yesterday His Plan B, 95 games 1 nil down over 5 years, come back to win 5.
02nd worst manager stats in all leagues.

I dont disagree with the stats, but maybe they were trying hard for him as well as themselves is all I am saying Annis.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:03 pm

I would like to think so as well :ayatollah: