Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIGHT LETS NOT EXPECT MIRACLES STRAIGHT AWAY

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:55 am

First if All agreed on Thursday and Friday with The malaysians, who actually shocked Borley and Knew about Debts that he didnt even Know about thanks to the Riddler.

They intend to pay of the Tax bill and make sure everyone is paid until the end of the Season, which just that will take care of their £6 Million investment. If theres time they want new loan players in.
Borley will be left in charge till the end of the Season.

Now please no one forget their is Millions owed and a big mess to sort out as well, Thanks to the Riddler, so please have patience with them.

Re: RIGHT LETS NOT EXPECT MIRACLES STRAIGHT AWAY

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am

annis i keep saying the same thing lets just pray the malaysians come in and make us solvent. The football side of things is unfortunately second to everything else at present.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 am

hay, no thats fine!!

they got my respect, they will come in and hopfully sort this club out, i dont expect loads of signings, just to get riddler out, and make our club stable again

im happy with that :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:09 am

We were more than patient with the Riddler and look where that took us. If they can underwrite the remainder of the season then that is more than I could have hoped for with the wall we have been facing these last few months.

I know Steve Borley and trust him implicitly. He can only take offers that are for the good of the club at any given time (as with Sam, who I do not blame for where we are. Events overtook him). I welcome the Malaysians with open arms and let us see what tomorrow brings. It is ever an eventful ride.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 am

I think it will be massive progress for the club just to be run properly and hemmeraging money, then we can stop selling our better players and build for the future. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 am

Totally agree with you Annis.

I think that all most City fans have ever wanted, is a well run, solvent and geniune transparant club.

We have built up average attendances from 4,000 to 20.000 over the last 12 years (no mean feat) we have got our new stadium, and there is real interest in the club all over South Wales. Lets not forget the academy how much could this save us over the next 5-10 years'

Lets be patient, loads of debts and off field problems need to be sorted out. Lets give the new investers our total support but more importantly some time to sort the mess out.

Hopefully one thing they can do quickly is to sort Joes contract out, the Ledley of 2 years ago firing on all cylinders would be a massive signing.

So lets all give them our full backing and patience and who knows in 3 years time Joe captains us to the premiership, with 4 or 5 academy players in the squad. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:44 am

For all the shit the club is in.... TG an VT are PERFECT. Simple

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:39 am

We all must be patient. They must sort out the club's finances first then they will look at the manager and then invest prudently in the squad with the advice of the manager whoever they decide that will be

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 am

Annis

Because there has been so much money wasted in the past , I am sure any new investor can see how much can be saved compared to previous seasons and that actually is an asset for them in their takeover discussions.

If properly run and marketed , our club could be operated without making a loss or having to sell players for £5m+ each season even without a promotion to the Premiership.

Keith

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 am

What they need to do is to make the club solvent in the short-term, as has been said, in order that the debts can be paid off to the taxman and wages paid.

They then need to manage a massive restructuring within the club over the summer period.

Players will have to be sold - the high wage earners just have to go. The whole management of the club needs to be looked at including the manager himself who is earning way beyond what the job deserves and what he has achieved in that job. If the manager is going to stay, and I for one hope he doesn't, a new far more realistic wage structure needs to be agreed with him.

There are other board members who are probably taking a more than decent wage out of the club that need to be sorted out too.

The management then need to build a team based on a few good experienced players and some good up and coming youngsters that want to play football, above anything else and who will be prepared to do that for a decent salary.

We must never be allowed to get ourselves in to the financial hole that we now find ourselves in currently.

It is no good the Malaysians just throwing money at the problem - we need their money to get us out of the hole we are in but we need their management and financial expertise to run a business on a sound footing. We need a management team that can encourage players to want to play enjoyable attractive football in excellent new surroundings in front of passionate fans.

We need to grow the club solidly from the low point that we are at now.

If the Malaysian takeover happens and it does look promising, as has been sais, patience is now required. The good thing is if all is well we are at the front end of things along with the likes of Portsmouth etc where things can be put on a more steady footing - many many other clubs will inevitable have to go through a similar process as the many years of excess fuelled by a ridiculous amount of money from TV changes to a time of austerity.

Football players need to realise that the gravy train has come off the rails and in the future, when their current contracts are up, what they will be negotiating is something that still represents the dreams of the common man but is something that is far more sensible.

Keep the faith.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am

since62 wrote:Annis

Because there has been so much money wasted in the past , I am sure any new investor can see how much can be saved compared to previous seasons and that actually is an asset for them in their takeover discussions.

If properly run and marketed , our club could be operated without making a loss or having to sell players for £5m+ each season even without a promotion to the Premiership.

Keith

That has been one of our major problems over the last few years, marketing has been non existant.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:05 pm

I'll settle for one miracle.

Making Ridsdale disappear.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Keith

removing the cancer from the club was the expression used keith

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm

steve davies wrote:

Keith

removing the cancer from the club was the expression used keith

:lol:

A BIG ONE AS WELL.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:26 pm

i am just grateful that are still going to invest, and that we will see the back end of the riddler.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:07 pm

My wish for this new investment is to get the tax bill paid off. I think that is absolutely imperative for our survival as a football club. Everyone getting paid until the end of the season is the next step. I would like to think then that we could operate and survive within our budget and our means and not try and live beyond them. Lets attract players because they want to come here. We're a good, attractive club with a great ground and good training facilities. Whatever we think about Jones, he's well thought of within football circles and I think he will be able to attract the kind of players we need to make a push for promotion next season, if it doesn't come off this season

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Annis--I really hope this is true--This will release a lot of pressure from the club and we can concentrate on the footballing side--who knows we could even go up!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:57 pm

4evabluebird wrote:Annis--I really hope this is true--This will release a lot of pressure from the club and we can concentrate on the footballing side--who knows we could even go up!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its True, just needs to HAPPEN NOW.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 pm

I hope all this talk of investment comes to fruition, These past few months have been some of the darkest I've known at the club and by God there's been some dark years.

The trouble is we've had so many "false starts" with talk of investment coming in that I'm still sceptical as to whether or not this will be the real thing. There would be nothing worse now than hearing that the talks have broken down and we're still in the shite, so please excuse me if I say I'm still not convinced....I don't want to start shouting from the roof tops only to see the roof collapse under me.

I

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Cracking news Annis just want our club to be run properly and our players to play with PASSION . Not asking for much.
pS hows Tilly Chief hope she is home now :ayatollah: