Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bothroyd Badge kissing

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am

Did anyone else see Jay kissing his badge when he came over to applaud us at the end of last nights match? Not sure how i felt about this because he isn't that sort of 110% player who puts everything into his game is he. So much talent.. but so frustrating sometimes :roll: :roll:

Re: Bothroyd Badge kissing

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 am

I saw this last night. Rather than the empty gesture of kissing the badge at the end of the game, I'd rather see him get off his arse and put in some effort and play for the badge during 90 minutes.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am

Mr Davies wrote:I saw this last night. Rather than the empty gesture of kissing the badge at the end of the game, I'd rather see him get off his arse and put in some effort and play for the badge during 90 minutes.

Cant argue with that

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:30 pm

cant see how he is captain would not call him a leader to others

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Personally I love seeing it, also think Jay is a class player, Steve Mcphail used to do it before people got on his back, he was slagged off for going sideways but who did he have to pass to? Oh yeah Fowler, Hasslebaink and Steve Thompson! Both Mcphail and Bothroyd two the best and committed players at the clud in my opinion! Along with others! The jacks game will confirm this, I really cant see us losing to them I think AT LAST Dave Jones will realise its not just another game, it could be his job!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:45 pm

i work with a load of jacks and all they go on about is bothroyd , wishing they could of had him instead of the others they brought in ! :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:00 pm

rsblue wrote:i work with a load of jacks and all they go on about is bothroyd , wishing they could of had him instead of the others they brought in ! :mrgreen:

He's torn them apart every time we've played them.
The one player in our team who come out of all the 4 times we played them with credit.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:30 pm

The Blue 'Knows' wrote:Did anyone else see Jay kissing his badge when he came over to applaud us at the end of last nights match? Not sure how i felt about this because he isn't that sort of 110% player who puts everything into his game is he. So much talent.. but so frustrating sometimes :roll: :roll:

He came the closest to us off all the players at the end of the game and I was SHOCKED WHEN HE KISSED OUR BADGE, But I loved it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:13 pm

After we scored our equaliser, just as Coventry were about to kick off, Jay faced us and clapped. He's a decent player, just incredibly frustrating. Really don't understand why he is captain though.

To be fair, Kennedy ALWAYS makes the effort to come quite close to us and give us a good clap. It's about time the other players started to too. It really winds me up when they half heartedly walk about 5metres and clap us for 5 seconds then walk off. It especially annoyed me at Newcastle.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

He kissed his badge?? Expect him to ask for a transfer at the end of the season then :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:42 pm

hes our most important player burkes our best but we could cope with burke being out of the team where as if we lost bothryd our whole system of play would be fucked.and i thought he was tremondous last night and everytime he went down he did get fouled.and when he came over at the end i fuckin loved it!!!!:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Take the badge kissing with a pinch of salt. Personally, I'd never kiss the badge of a club I didn't support but I guess he means well!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm

I'm happy he shows passion. He is always the player who comes closest to the fans at the end.
JAY BOTHROYD! :ayatollah: