Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Outdated or Traditional

You may select 1 option

View results

Opinions of Mens Bars in Clubs!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Just wondered what peoples opinions were about 'Mens Bars' in clubs. Most working mens, ex-servicemans and the like clubs have a traditional 'men only' bar whilst women are welcome in the lounge area.

Last night at one of the clubs that I am a member of had a motion about turning the mens bar into a mixed bar so thought I would ask peoples opinions about it here!

Personally I enjoy being able to have a pint and a joke with the lads without having to worry about offending any women who are in earshot, though if I do want to have a drink with the missus I can always go into the lounge area!

Re: Opinions of Mens Bars in Clubs!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 pm

I just can't help but feel that these are seriously outdated. If women don't want to be offended then they shouldn't go to these places. I've not been to a club with a men only bar in years. It's not even been a consideration for me in years either. I have just come to expect all areas are mixed clientele.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Whilst there is still a generation of older folk who still see them as the norm then they should still be catered for.

Waste of time anyway, I know of 2 clubs, Rhoose social and Canton Libs with them, and the ironic thing is they have female bar staff serving them so tell me whats the point of the men only bar, if it's the old one of i dont want to offend women , well dont have them behind the bar.

We were in Rhoose social one night, in the men only bar drinking when the lady behind the bar asked my cousin to watch his language, so what is the point of them?

I think the whole concept of men only bars are on their way out anyway and when im out drinking personally I like to see the pretty ladys out and about too.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Pretty ladies in Rhoose ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm

ther ok as long as you let women in them. :D :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Pretty ladies in Rhoose ?

there are a few, my missus being one.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Not in Rhoose social lol :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I dunno your missus

Does she just come out in the dark

:lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I dunno your missus

Does she just come out in the dark

:lol:

she dont go out in Rhoose thats for sure. :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:07 pm

I would Love a "Men only" bar of my own - oh imnagine my delight :lol: :lol:

It does not bother me - just means i get stuck with the doddery old floweries NOT my thang!!!