Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Hamman Appreciation Thread

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 pm

I would just like to start off by saying that 99% of City fans fully appreciate what Sam Hamman done for us...to bring us from nowhere to where he left us.... forget the debt... without his input we'd have gotten nowhere.

This whole Malaysian investment deals is thanks to Sam!

So Sam.... You'll never be forgotten..

THANK YOU.

Re: Sam Hamman Appreciation Thread

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Thank you sam

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Sam thanks for giving us hope, for getting us out of the bottom 2 divisions, for some of the best times as a City fan I have had. Thanks for beating Leeds, play off final, Peter Thorne, Kavanagh and all the other stars you brought to the club.

Thanks for everything. Hope you visit our club again.

Regards

Neil

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Make this a sticky Annis... maybe Sam will read it!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Agree, never been so excited, they play off final will live with me for ever

Sack

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Best 6 years of my Cardiff City life.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:00 pm

:ayatollah:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:04 pm

I wil wear my sam hamman barmy army scarf with pride in boro

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Sam we were dead when you arrived, you woke the sleepent Giant up and for that I thankyou.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Sam, you are a very unique, special, enthusiastic, charming person who fell in love with our football club. If it were not for you we would certainly not be in this current position we are in now. You started the ball rolling back in 2000 and like you said then it will take ten years to get to the promised land, well we are almost there and our future looks positive. I would just like to say a big thank you for making the dream hopefully a reality, you will always be remembered for what you have done and i would welcome you back with open arms at our new stadium and would love to see you in the crowd supporting the team with thousands of other city fans. CCFC should promote a position for you in some sort of capacity within our club aswell as Peter.
God bless you and your family.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Well done sam without you we wouldnt be where we are today :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 am

sam hamman my lord sam hamman, oh lord sam hamman................
sam hamman my lord sam hamman, oh lord sam hamman................

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:24 am

A big thank you Sam! If it wasnt for you & your passion for Cardiff City football we would still be in the lower leagues, battling relegation as well as financial melt down, you seen that this club had potential & had the vision to transform it, you started us on this turbulent journey Sam & are forever part of Cardiff City FC history, you will never be forgotten & we are truely grateful to you! Keep the faith Sam! :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:39 am

Make this a sticky Annis or Owain

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:13 am

I believe Sam's full legacy is still to come. There has been a shift in powerbase amongst football clubs in recent years, with the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Charlton who were once mainstays of the Premier League falling away. That has caused a vacuum which at present is being filled by teams such as Hull, Fulham and Portsmouth.

If the Malaysian investment comes off and is as big as we think it is, then there is no reason why Cardiff City couldn't easily oust one of those and go onto establish ourselves as a top ten EPL club.

If that happens then none of it would have ever got off the ground without Sam taking a punt on us back in 2000. That is truly amazing and he is not only a very honourable man but a very brave one to.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:42 am

Thank you Sam for you love, passion and drive to awaken the sleeping Giant. Your years in charge were not only some of the most productive times for our club, but also the most exciting and enjoyable for us long suffering fans. I'll always be grateful your that.

I sincerely hope we see you again at the new stadium soon (which is YOUR Dream realised). At the very least you should have a designated seat for life in the directors box.

Thank you Sam

Love Peace and Cardiff City

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:22 am

Now that Sam has done the right thing, I for one would welcome his attendance at the new ground. He made mistakes and is still IMHO a total nutter, but he saw something in our club which no-one else did, and got the ball rolling. Time for a bigger player to take the batten on now, but I'll still look back with a massive mile on my face when I think of the Sam Hammam years. I think that when the dust has settled he will eventually go down in our history as a hero (in a way).

Now is the time for looking forward.

Come on down Vincent Tan and finish the job off.

We should no longer be setting our sights on the play-offs, Cardiff city has the potential to be one of the top 12 clubs in the country. 1.5m catchement area, which was halved by the 'rugby love', but with rugby on its knees a successful football club can cean up.

Some investment into the squad, stick the other 8000 seats in the stadium and give us what we've waited 40 years for. Top level football, and watch the country (except the Jacks and 500 Newport die-hards) come alive. ;)

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Sam was a welcome breath of fresh air and I enjoyed those years of optimism he brought. The signing of Peter Thorne and Graham Kavanagh was the most exciting thing I had seen at the City up to that time. Even though we lost to Stoke in that first play off there was a belief at the club that we were going on to better things. For me the play off final at the Millenium Stadium was better than the subsequent Wembley appearance. Maybe we didn't understand the debt that was building up but the excitement of those years was almost as good as the days when we played in the Cup Winners Cup. Sam might not have been able to bring the new stadium into fruition but it was his imagination that gave birth to it. Un/fortunately he gave way to the midwife of PMG and the stadium came into being. I feel he deserves recognition within the stadium, if not a stand then maybe some other area.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Sam deserves big props for taking us on when he did.
His enthusiasm really got the ball rolling and regardless of the debt situation it was a great time.
I would love to see him back at the club in some capacity or another.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:10 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Sam you sold me the dream of the promised land and re lit the fire in my belly for ccfc :ayatollah: for that i am truly grateful, and i thank you.For the way you ran your ship please learn from your mistakes, cheers fella :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:24 am

Is no one going to make this a sticky.... if only I were Mod.... ;)

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 pm

cheers sam