Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE DAVE JONES ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Terrible v Ipswich away, Chops suspended, improved v Leicester away, Coventry away Dramatic improvement.

Would you change team v Watford Opinions Please. I would put Chops on Bench and keep same team.

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE DAVE JONES ?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:42 pm

I'd start Warren :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:44 pm

McCormack hasn't really taken advantage and we all know McPhail = Chopra scoring more often than not. I'd bring Chopra in against Watford but if it's not working come 65 minutes look to change it around.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:46 pm

The difference has been Mcphail. MaCormack has not impressed so I would risk bringing in Chopra as he seems to work alot better with him.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Chops might work as a Super Sub, as he wont give Feeney 2 minutes lol.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Who is Feeney :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:54 pm

I am a dave jones supporter but at this end of the season , with our squad , he needs to be using all his options

I think feeney is a worker , a real battler

that doesnt mean hes got the quality of chopra ...but as we know ..along with macormack and bothroyd..all strikers have their moments when they just go stale

so ..for me ..I would certainly be giving feeney game time

that might mean that if we are beating watford he goes on for last twenty etc

hes not going to carry the front line of course , but hes worth a trick

look at darcy blake .....hes come in after a long time away from the side and hes done ok ....more game time , more confidence

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Blake took his chance when he went out on loan, Feeney didnt at Sheff Wed.

Personally I would bring Chops straight back into the team and drop Rossco

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:07 pm

cant really make a comment about feeney,its so long since he played,but with mcphail back i think chopra is more of a threat than rossy,so stick with chopra :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 pm

I'd keep the same side as last night. Chops lately has looked like a player out of form and we needed to drop him, but we probably couldn't with the size of the squad we have. But maybe we can now? I wouldn't start Feeney, I know he has support on this board, but I don't think he has the quality. Ross and Jay for me up front, Super Kev at full back, Blake at centre back with Rae in the middle with McPhail.

Next season, though, I would like to see Blake get a position and establish himself there. I believe that the 'utility player' tag is what has hindered his progress at the club.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 pm

BlueCheg wrote:I'd start Warren :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ON WHAT BASIS ? cos he is a friend or because he deserves a place ahead of CHOPS,ROSS ,AND jAY? JUST INTERESTED IN YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS AND REASONING.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:26 pm

feeney isnt a striker really

he reminds me of paul brayson or what lee bullock were

sort of front running forwards, behind the main strikers

hard working

I think if people expect him to score a lot of goals they will be let down , hes the sort of fella to throw on to mix things up

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Sludge wrote:I think if people expect him to score a lot of goals they will be let down , hes the sort of fella to throw on to mix things up

and this is when people get on striker's backs. Because they're thrown into the team, expected to score the goals to propel the team onto big things and, because it doesn't come off, people hate them. Or take the piss, in the case of Eddie Johnson last season

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Chopra start. McCormack on bench to keep Feeney company.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:37 pm

bluebirds wrote:Chopra start. McCormack on bench to keep Feeney company.

Agree. Ross was crap last night nd at least Chops put defenders under pressure.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm

The only way Chopra will get out of this rut is by playing. I like the suggestion that we maximise the squad's potential though and I would bring on players for the last 10 minutes if we're 2 goals up. I'd even bring Chopra off with 15 mins left if he hasn't scored. Whether that's for McCormack or Feeney is Jones's choice but we have both as options.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:48 pm

id go for the same team and if ross carrys his bad performance of last night in to sunday.then take him off for chops!!!that might give ross the determination to do well,work harder knowing chops is waiting on the bench raring to go!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:49 pm

undybluebird wrote:

ON WHAT BASIS ? cos he is a friend or because he deserves a place ahead of CHOPS,ROSS ,AND jAY? JUST INTERESTED IN YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS AND REASONING.

I think BlueCheg was being sarcastic :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Easy decision - Chopra every time especially with McPhail back. Even when he's not scoring he's chasing the ball down and running at defenders. Chops will get us goals.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:53 pm

chopra is a pain in the arse for other teams

as you say even when he isnt scoring , hes always on the shoulder of the defender

this season we have had goals from midfield , which is great

if chops had come in with a few more we would be on a par with forest or west brom

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 pm

dafydd-ccfc85 wrote:id go for the same team and if ross carrys his bad performance of last night in to sunday.then take him off for chops!!!that might give ross the determination to do well,work harder knowing chops is waiting on the bench raring to go!!!! :ayatollah:

Shouldn't this have been the case earlier in the season when Chopra was going through his goal drought (which he still is, in many ways)?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm

i would give feeney a run, why not? ,.......coz jones cant see talent if it kicks him up the arse !!!

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:11 pm

The Blue 'Knows' wrote:
undybluebird wrote:

I think BlueCheg was being sarcastic :lol: :lol:

ah ok , what a muppett I am . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:12 pm

rob wrote:i would give feeney a run, why not? ,.......coz jones cant see talent if it kicks him up the arse !!!

Feeney isn't Championship standard, which is what we need right now. If I was Jones, I wouldn't give him a run in the side. He can try all he wants, run around til he drops, but if he's not good enough, why pick him?

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:34 pm

I think it should go on Chopra's mind set. If his form dipping because he couldn't give a f**k and can wait to get back on the plane to toon, then drop him to the bench. Hopefully giving him a wake up call. But if he is giving 100% in training I would start with him to play his way back to form.

Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 pm

I know what I would do if I was dave jones, i would quit !i!i!i!i!

BUT, before I did, I would do all the loyal Cardiff fans a favour, and accuse Risdale of sexual molestation and abuse in the office, to get him kicked out on his ass !! !! !!

oh if only

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Terrible v Ipswich away, Chops suspended, improved v Leicester away, Coventry away Dramatic improvement.

Would you change team v Watford Opinions Please. I would put Chops on Bench and keep same team.

you must pick your stongest team on the day with who ever is available two game break will do chopra good
that was a massive win for the squad last nite should boost morale after recent poor away form but i would go with
the strongest team on the day might upset a few players but thats a good thing cause they should be busting a gut
to play anyway my first post by the way :roll: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
rob wrote:i would give feeney a run, why not? ,.......coz jones cant see talent if it kicks him up the arse !!!

Feeney isn't Championship standard, which is what we need right now. If I was Jones, I wouldn't give him a run in the side. He can try all he wants, run around til he drops, but if he's not good enough, why pick him?

Kennedy is not Championship standard, Quinn is not Championship standard, Capaldi is not Championship standard, Rae is not Championship standard and at the moment, I wouldn't put Ross McCormack in a Sunday League team (unless I was on the opposition so I could kick him). But all get a run out, or at least more of one than Feeney.

Chopra, 2 goals in 24 is not a Championship standard return.

What would you suggest??

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Mr Davies wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Kennedy is not Championship standard, Quinn is not Championship standard, Capaldi is not Championship standard, Rae is not Championship standard and at the moment, I wouldn't put Ross McCormack in a Sunday League team (unless I was on the opposition so I could kick him). But all get a run out, or at least more of one than Feeney.

Chopra, 2 goals in 24 is not a Championship standard return.

What would you suggest??

Iwould suggest we start with the same team as Coventry away , but put Chops in instead of Ross, because in my opinion yesterday he struggled to be average. And Chops is full of running closing down, even if he is not scoring. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

If I was DJ then I would keep the same 11 to start Vs Watford but I would give Rosco 60-65 mins and if it's not working I would then give Feeney 25-30 mins and leave Chops on the bench unless there are injuries to force a decision.