Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I bet the Rugby loving media are not happy...

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:23 am

Midfield general wrote:with the thought of their game being kicked into second place in the hearts of the Welsh Public once we are on Match of the Day every week!!! :lol:

I reckon every year we are getting bigger and bigger and the eggs seem to be dissappearing :lol:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:with the thought of their game being kicked into second place in the hearts of the Welsh Public once we are on Match of the Day every week!!! :lol:

I reckon every year we are getting bigger and bigger and the eggs seem to be dissappearing :lol:

I hope you are right. I despise all those PE teachers that forced me to play 'Rugger'. Absolute wankers. Jonathan Owen's CCFC Fa Cup Final Video summed it up for me. His what utter nonsense quote relating to the 6 nations event was pure quality.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 am

Good enough for the pricks!

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:

i'm not a rugby hater, i've played it and watched it, but at the moment the new rules have made the game dire.

A lot of my City supporting mates are ex-rugby players, but to a man they all say that watching City beats regional rugby hands down.

At the moment rugby is at a low ebb. Its not entertaining and IF City can go up this year/next year,MANY MANY fans will switch over to football.

Also, the younger generations are heavily biased toward football these days. Youth participation is around 10-1 in favour of football.

We've got a HUGE catchment area, but the prevelence of rugby in this area have had an immense impact on this, the opportunity is there now to tak advantage of rugby's woes and make this club into a REALLY big one. The South Wales public crave success, and the worship of rugby is mainly down to the success of Wales in the 70's - IF City can get SOME success then we could capture a whole new generation of fans in what is a MASSIVE potential fan base.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:44 pm

rugby is a very complicated game - and I like cricket !

Youngsters will find it difficult to attatch themselves it - and i can see why they go for Football these days.

The try count has also appeared to have decreased considerably over the last 5 years

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 am

just seen the CCS on the tv the blues game canton stand was empty and there were playing on of the best teams in europe... :?

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 am

Rugby is a terrific game to play but is a poor spectator sport. A team can win a match on 'penalties' (free-kicks in football terms) over an oppostition who actually 'score' tries (goals in football terms)

Club Rugby hasn't ever had a massive following even if you add up all the spectators who attend inter-village/town Rugby in the valleys.

However, international Rugby has always had its 'event' status and that will always remain for its 5 or 6 games per year. The rest of the time City will rule the roost by some considerable margin.