' Malky Mackay 6/1 ' " What would you do? "

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:52 pm

My View
One day Malky will be given a job at a club, as someone will be prepared to give Malky a chance.

A Question to everyone, if we played that club, what reception would you give Malky?

The Bluebirds are scheduled to play Bolton next month.

Former Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay in the frame to take over at struggling Bolton Wanderers

Saturday Oct 04, 2014

By Alex Bywater

Mackay is a 6/1 shot to replace the sacked Dougie Freedman at the Championship's bottom club

Former Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay is in the frame to take over from Dougie Freedman at Championship side Bolton.

Freedman was sacked by Bolton on Friday lunchtime after guiding his side to just one win from 11 matches so far this season.

The Trotters are currently rock bottom of the Championship, with Blackpool moving a place above them following their 1-0 win over the Bluebirds.

And, as chairman Phil Gartside looks to get Bolton firing again and appease disgruntled fans at the Macron Stadium, he could turn to ex-Bluebird Mackay.

The 42-year-old Scot has been out of work since his high profile sacking by Cardiff City last Christmas.

He did look set for a return to management with Crystal Palace earlier this season, but his hopes of succeeding Tony Pulis at Selhurst Park were ended in the wake of the 'Textgate' scandal.

The emergence of alleged racist texts exchanged between Mackay and former Cardiff City colleague Iain Moody saw the Scot issue a public apology as he pleaded for an opportunity to manage again in the future.

And despite the furore, Mackay is currently third favourite to take over at Bolton and can be backed at 6/1 to do so.

Other names in the frame include Phil Brown, Tony Mowbray, Nigel Clough and former Leeds boss Brian McDermott.

Another former Bluebirds manager, Dave Jones, is also mentioned in the betting.

On the sacking of Freedman, Gartside said: "Dougie has worked tirelessly off the field to improve the infrastructure of the football club. Unfortunately, recent results on the pitch have not reflected all his work off it.

"The club has faced a difficult time following our relegation from the Premier League and Dougie has helped to restructure the club in order for it to become successful again under ever-tightening constraints."

Should Mackay take over at Bolton, he would be reunited with two players he managed in the Welsh capital.

Cardiff defender Kevin McNaughton and striker Joe Mason are both on loan at the Bluebirds' Championship rivals and were key men under Mackay in previous years.

Mason scored a hat-trick in Bolton's only victory of the campaign so far, a 3-2 defeat of Rotherham.

The Bluebirds are scheduled to play Bolton next month.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Malky Mackay 6/1 ' " What would you do? "

Postby PartyWithOle » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Cringe like f**k if we gave him a heroes welcome
PartyWithOle

Postby Liles93 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Tough one, mixed memories of Malky.

Obviously the issue is that if you support him it's got to be clear it's for the reasons of success and not because you agreed with what he did, otherwise people just misconstrue that as you thinking racism is okay etc.

I suppose I'd just clap for the opposition like we do for every team and just not bring Malky into it. Not to say that supporting him is wrong or whatever, each to their own :)
Liles93

Postby JonCCFC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:00 pm

I'd take him back.
JonCCFC

Postby Wayne S » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:01 pm

I'll put my money on Malky getting a vacant managers post when he is linked with a team whose squad is 100% Caucasian and Anglo Saxon / Celtic / Gaelic.

Until then any club will be concerned about upsetting their squad.
Wayne S

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:09 pm

The moment I read he was disgustingly racist towards our ibby farah I won't forgive him
bluebird04

Postby theclaw » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:22 pm

He did a lot of good at our club espeacially getting us promoted,but made mastakes which unfortunately undid most of it.
He'll get an applause off me however if he ever faces us.
I don't think he'll get the Bolton job though,
theclaw

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:24 pm

I hope he does get a managers job soon.

I just feel this textgate has been blown out of all proportion. The amount of times I was called a Welsh git in the military by those of higher rank than me well I would say going on todays politically correct society I should be a millionaire in compensation.

As someone has mention Ibby my question here is that this happened during our promotion season. Did Tan know about this then and if so why did he not do anything about it?
Bakedalasker

Postby castle view blu » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:40 pm

I hope he gets it.it will be a two finger salute to tan
castle view blu

Postby davids » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Cheer up Bolton!

Three easy points coming next month when you play our bunch of disinterested mercenaries.
davids

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:59 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I hope he does get a managers job soon.

I just feel this textgate has been blown out of all proportion. The amount of times I was called a Welsh git in the military by those of higher rank than me well I would say going on todays politically correct society I should be a millionaire in compensation.

As someone has mention Ibby my question here is that this happened during our promotion season. Did Tan know about this then and if so why did he not do anything about it?

No idea weather or not tan knew, I'm anti tan and was a huge Malky fan, however the moment I read what ibby said Malky was like to him it made it impossible for me to forgive him.
bluebird04

Postby corky » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:07 pm

I doubt he will work in football anytime soon...at the last meeting with the club they said there was much more still to come out about Mackay...not sure what that means but it sounds ominous for him
new season,new start
corky

Postby Bluebina » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Don't worry about him, he's made a fortune in his time with us, worry about those poor bastards that went up to Blackpool with their hard earned wages to watch that load of shit ......
Bluebina

Postby griff105 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Ive missed the specifics with Farah?
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby Championship Blue » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:08 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I'd take him back.

:shock: you'd take your Mrs back if she slept with u mates behind your back, get real Jon. :ayatollah:
Championship Blue

Postby Woodville Willie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Malky was a good manager who made a fatal error of judgement. I know some will disagree but at least there was shape and a plan under him. I don't think he could come back but if the clock could be turned back, it would be him in the frame to take Cardiff again imo.

I wouldn't like to see a reaction either way to be honest if he came to Cardiff as Bolton's gaffer. Tricky really.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Every body deserves a second chance,,a chance for reflection,,& a chance to reconcile with oneself, & a chance for genuine remorse.
RICK+CCFC

Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Would just like go on this board for one day and not see the tw.ts name :bluescarf:
troobloo3339

Postby barry boy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:15 pm

The majority of City fans acknowledge that they are not Saints (unlike some of the early posters and Tan), and I believe he will get a good reception by our away supporters in particular, should we happen to play against his next team.

And he will do the ayatollah.

Everyone makes mistakes.
barry boy

Postby llanishen bluebird » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Malky done a fantastic job with us I would give him a good reception brilliant manger just unfortunately made mistakes big ones but I would never forget the job he done with us
llanishen bluebird

Postby ThomasC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:37 pm

barry boy wrote:The majority of City fans acknowledge that they are not Saints (unlike some of the early posters and Tan), and I believe he will get a good reception by our away supporters in particular, should we happen to play against his next team.

And he will do the ayatollah.

Everyone makes mistakes.

A sensible post, Malky has paid the price for what he said and now should be allowed to get on with what he is good at :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby Hoochie Coochie Blues » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:21 pm

I met a load of jocks in Turkey and they were slagging Malky for stabbing Paul Quinn in the Back.
I didn't like what he allegedly done to Ibby Farah.....no smoke without fire.

I hope he never works again in football.....racist c**t.
Hoochie Coochie Blues

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:28 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Cringe like f**k if we gave him a heroes welcome

Totally agree.

I wish he was never involved with this club.
2blue2handle

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:44 am

He will probably end up managing somewhere like Poland or Turkey.
Cardiffcitymad

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:56 am

I have no beef with the man
Nuclearblue

Postby Bobby Woodruff's long throw » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:20 am

You cannot deny the good things he did for the club.The team were well prepared, fit and all knew what was expected of them, which is what got us into the prem.Don't think it would have kept us up though.
Equally you cannot ignore the massive damage he caused this club either.
I think I would be respectfully silent.
Bobby Woodruff's long throw

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:28 am

Bobby Woodruff's long throw wrote:You cannot deny the good things he did for the club.The team were well prepared, fit and all knew what was expected of them, which is what got us into the prem.Don't think it would have kept us up though.

What massive damage?
Bakedalasker

Postby bluespeers » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:52 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Bobby Woodruff's long throw wrote:You cannot deny the good things he did for the club.The team were well prepared, fit and all knew what was expected of them, which is what got us into the prem.Don't think it would have kept us up though.

What massive damage?

Standing ovation from me good luck malky
bluespeers

Postby Bobby Woodruff's long throw » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

What massive damage?

Perhaps the millions of pounds he wasted on an unproven shite player who failed us completely.The very bad taste that it leaves along with the distasteful shit that has emerged since, perfectly acceptable to you maybe, but I would consider damaging to CCFC.
But like I said he did do some very good things for this club too. Hence my " respectfull silence"
Bobby Woodruff's long throw

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Bobby Woodruff's long throw wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

What massive damage?

Perhaps the millions of pounds he wasted on an unproven shite player who failed us completely.The very bad taste that it leaves along with the distasteful shit that has emerged since, perfectly acceptable to you maybe, but I would consider damaging to CCFC.
But like I said he did do some very good things for this club too. Hence my " respectfull silence"

The only real mistake he made.

Best you do keep silent because I would say his replacement was 10 times a bigger mistake.
Bakedalasker

Next

Return to Gambler's Den