Krav Maga Special Forces Training

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Xcasual » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:52 pm

In Krav Maga, there are no hard-and-fast rules, and no distinction in training for men and women. It is not a sport, and there are no specific uniforms, attire or competions. All the techniques focus on maximum efficiency in real-life conditions. Krav Maga generally assumes that the individual attacking will give no quarter, therefore, as a response the attacks and defenses are intended only for use in potentially lethal threat situations with the aim to neutralize and escape as rapidly and safely as possible.

Classes and Venues
Mondays
Caerwent Community Center,
Lawrence Crescent,
Caerwent,
Caldicot,
Gwent,
NP26 5NS
Times: 7:45pm-8:45pm

Tuesdays
Trowbridge Community Center,
Caernarvon Way,
Cardiff,
CF3 1RU
Times: 7:45pm-8:45pm

Tuesdays
Caldicot Leisure Center,
Mill Lane,
Caldicot,
NP26 4BN
Times: 8pm-9pm

Thursdays
Church Hall,
(next to Castle Ivor pub)
Jenkin Street,
Hopkinstown,
Pontypridd,
CF37 2PU
Times: 8pm-9pm

Saturdays
Llanbradach Community Hall,
Church Street,
CF83 3LS
Just outside Caerphilly
Times: 10:30am -11:30am

Sundays
Cardiff YMCA,
The Walk,
Roath,
Cardiff,
CF24 3AG
Times: 5pm-6pm

A Few Simple Rules :-
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to class start time.
No Uniform is necessary (This is real self defence, wear what is comfortable).
No Jewellery is to be worn during the lesson.
Inform me of any injuries or medication prior to the lesson starting.

First Lesson is free http://www.kontaktkombat.co/index.html
Xcasual

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Krav Maga Special Forces Training

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Special forces training?

So guys are caught defence techniques where they can walk away after defending themselves without notice?
Bakedalasker

Postby Xcasual » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Special forces training?

So guys are caught defence techniques where they can walk away after defending themselves without notice?

:lol: There's more to it than that Baked , In Krav Maga we teach how to defend then attack and not to hang about. We teach how to end an attack very quickly & maybe deadly. All depends on the force of the aggressor :thumbup:
Xcasual

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Xcasual wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Special forces training?

:lol: There's more to it than that Baked , In Krav Maga we teach how to defend then attack and not to hang about. We teach how to end an attack very quickly & maybe deadly. All depends on the force of the aggressor :thumbup:

Called jabbing?
Bakedalasker

Postby bluebird04 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Am gutted, really want to try Krav Maga, but no one in port talbot doing It
bluebird04

Postby thomasblue » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:29 am

I think we have had this discussion before but isn't it better to teach people how to avoid confrontational situations like going down dark streets/alleys alone than to teach them how to possibly defend themselves and feel invincible if it happens

I might be wrong but Doesn't Krav maga teach you to totally disable a potential threat with Brute force ? What if you mistake the advance as a threat and hurt an innocent person mistakenly ?

If Krav Maga concentrated on teaching to reverse any potential threat and walk away first it would be a great concept , the fact it concentrates on disabling any and all threats is a worry .

Just my opinion but that's the way I see it .
thomasblue

Postby Xcasual » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:38 am

thomasblue wrote:I think we have had this discussion before but isn't it better to teach people how to avoid confrontational situations like going down dark streets/alleys alone than to teach them how to possibly defend themselves and feel invincible if it happens

I might be wrong but Doesn't Krav maga teach you to totally disable a potential threat with Brute force ? What if you mistake the advance as a threat and hurt an innocent person mistakenly ?

If Krav Maga concentrated on teaching to reverse any potential threat and walk away first it would be a great concept , the fact it concentrates on disabling any and all threats is a worry .

You see it wrong ,Always avoid confrontation if possible. If someone wants your phone and they have a knife to your throat , give it to them. BUT sometimes that's not enough and they'll just want to hurt you , that's when you take them out in the quickest possible way. Pop along and try it ,you've got nothing to loose

Just remember Britain is getting worse ,How long before some idiots run around Cardiff with guns / knives ?
Xcasual

Postby Xcasual » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 am

thomasblue wrote:I think we have had this discussion before but isn't it better to teach people how to avoid confrontational situations like going down dark streets/alleys alone than to teach them how to possibly defend themselves and feel invincible if it happens

Brute force ? You want to see some of the women/young girls that train with us :D Some of them couldn't carry a shopping bag. That's where Krav Maga comes into play because some people haven't got brute force :thumbup:
Xcasual

Postby nubbsy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Sometimes you can't just walk away or avoid walking down dark allys it's not that simple is it. As a human being you have the right the defend yourself and protect yourself regardless of what the law says.
nubbsy

Postby Xcasual » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:19 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Sometimes you can't just walk away or avoid walking down dark allys it's not that simple is it. As a human being you have the right the defend yourself and protect yourself regardless of what the law says.

That's exactly how it is ,Cheers nubbsy :thumbup:
Xcasual

Postby Xcasual » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:27 am

Training today if anyone fancies it :ayatollah:

Cardiff YMCA,
The Walk,
Roath,
Cardiff,
CF24 3AG
Times: 5pm-6pm
Xcasual

Postby ThomasC » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:37 am

Started Thai-kickboxing after 5 years without training, lost 1st in 3 months.....another 3 stone off and I will be ready to fight again so maybe next year I can do a few inter-clubs as long as I keep training :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby Xcasual » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:23 pm

ThomasC wrote:Started Thai-kickboxing after 5 years without training, lost 1st in 3 months.....another 3 stone off and I will be ready to fight again so maybe next year I can do a few inter-clubs as long as I keep training :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:
Xcasual

Postby ELY BOY » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Looking to get back into this. Used to train in Barry but travelling put me off. Loved it.
ELY BOY

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Xcasual wrote:we teach how to defend then attack and not to hang about. :thumbup:

Give slade a ring help him out please :laughing6:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Xcasual » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:19 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Xcasual wrote:we teach how to defend then attack and not to hang about. :thumbup:

Give slade a ring help him out please :laughing6:

:lol:
Xcasual

Postby Xcasual » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:20 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Looking to get back into this. Used to train in Barry but travelling put me off. Loved it.

Come on ELY BOY :bluescarf: Plenty in Cardiff :ayatollah:
Xcasual

Postby ELY BOY » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Yeah mate will have a look at the Roath one. Do you know much about that specific class?
ELY BOY

Postby Xcasual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:28 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Yeah mate will have a look at the Roath one. Do you know much about that specific class?

Yes mate , First one free then £4-50 one hour session. No direct debit like most do , pay as you train . :thumbup:
Xcasual

Postby cardiff yid » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:59 pm

I will look into going to Caldicot :thumbup:
cardiff yid

Postby ELY BOY » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Xcasual wrote:
ELY BOY wrote:Yeah mate will have a look at the Roath one. Do you know much about that specific class?

Yes mate , First one free then £4-50 one hour session. No direct debit like most do , pay as you train . :thumbup:

Nice one mate. I'll give it a go in the next couple of weeks.
ELY BOY

Postby Xcasual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 pm

cardiff yid wrote:I will look into going to Caldicot :thumbup:

Keiron gibbons class, Very good trainer :thumbup:
Xcasual

Postby Xcasual » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 pm

ELY BOY wrote:
Xcasual wrote:

Nice one mate. I'll give it a go in the next couple of weeks.

Good man :bluescarf:
Xcasual

Postby bluebird04 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:44 pm

any plans to have anything like this is port talbot mate ? wanting to get in shape and train....only real thing down here, apart from a few boxing clubs is a Brazlian ju-jitsu...which they are looking for like £60 for a full kit, then like £50 a month training....
bluebird04

Postby nubbsy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:49 pm

bluebird04 wrote:any plans to have anything like this is port talbot mate ? wanting to get in shape and train....only real thing down here, apart from a few boxing clubs is a Brazlian ju-jitsu...which they are looking for like £60 for a full kit, then like £50 a month training....

boxing is what you want if its just fitness your after :thumbright:
nubbsy

Postby Xcasual » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:00 am

nubbsy wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:any plans to have anything like this is port talbot mate ? wanting to get in shape and train....only real thing down here, apart from a few boxing clubs is a Brazlian ju-jitsu...which they are looking for like £60 for a full kit, then like £50 a month training....

boxing is what you want if its just fitness your after :thumbright:

Agree with this , try Brazlian ju-jitsu . That will also get you fit , there are no plans to open up a club in Port Talbot at the moment mate :(
Xcasual

Postby caztheturk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:54 pm

there is a class in Llanelli on Monday nights and waunarlwydd near Swansea on tuesday :bluescarf:
caztheturk

Postby Xcasual » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:55 am

Training today @ 5-6 Roath YMCA , First class free :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Xcasual

Postby Paulwallace » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Fancied it for a while just getting rid of my excess weight and raising fitness before I start.
Paulwallace

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:50 pm

This stuff is really good I started doing Masada which is another Israeli combat defense, at first I thought what the hell is this shit but it really helps with how to react and get out of a situation quick, obviously last resort. A mate of mine goes to one of the Krav classes and loves it I would recommend it to anyone to give it a try.
BaltimoreBlues

Next

Return to General Chat