UPDATED ' Odds-on Favourite to be New Jack Manager '

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Alan Curtis is now odds-on with bookmakers to become Swansea City's new manager. (South Wales Evening Post)

Alan Curtis says Swansea City are in the market for many players they may have already sounded out during the summer transfer window but he has also dropped quite a big hint that a striker will be a priority.

The same goes for Cardiff. With Kenwyne Jones set to leave they are looking for a front man as well as sealing the permanent transfer of Tony Watt who, until now, has been on loan from Charlton. Russell Slade is also after a winger and has also been heavily linked with a £450,000 move for Bolton midfielder Josh Vela.

Read more: Everton FC ready to make £5m swoop for Cardiff City goalkeeper and captain David Marshall

In terms of departures, Bafetimbi Gomis has been linked with a move away from the Liberty Stadium again and Michael Laudrup's former team in Qatar Lekhwiya are said to be interested in a £6.5m deal for him.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Odds-on Favourite to be New Jack Manager '

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:50 pm

Massive gamble.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Nice guy
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby oxfordblue » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:05 pm

I think he'll do well
oxfordblue

Postby Lawnmower » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:24 pm

Didn't he do it years ago when they were in crisis and packed it in due to the pressure?
Lawnmower

Postby polo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:36 pm

Hope not. He comes across a proper nice fella and not someone I can hate like monk and Rodgers.
polo

Postby Bluebina » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Alan Curtis is now odds-on with bookmakers to become Swansea City's new manager. (South Wales Evening Post)

Typical Gypos, take the cheapest option.

Results picked up short term against weaker teams, maybe because they thought a new Manager was on his way, I don't see him as the answer, he comes across too soft.

It's easy to be a number two or three, but the Manager needs a bit more about them, I would be happy with him, it would improve their chances of relegation....
Bluebina

Postby SILKY » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Let the haters hate
I think he'll keep them up and they'd settle for that right now
SILKY

Postby spinks » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:20 pm

I always thought he was the main reason behind their success
spinks

Postby Cwmbran Blue » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:44 pm

The bookmakers rules are 10 games so Curtis only has another month to go .
That is why he is so short .
Cwmbran Blue

Postby 64JACK » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Alan Curtis is now odds-on with bookmakers to become Swansea City's new manager. (South Wales Evening Post)

Results picked up short term against weaker teams, maybe because they thought a new Manager was on his way, I don't see him as the answer, he comes across too soft.

It's easy to be a number two or three, but the Manager needs a bit more about them, I would be happy with him, it would improve their chances of relegation....

Your correct. We should take the most expensive option, and end up in the Championship without a pot to piss in as we're millions in debt which we can't pay back with a squad full of useless fuckin shit that you couldn't sell for love no money as their wages are to high. You wouldn't want yourselves to be in a position like that would you? No of course not, it's better too take the more affordable prudent option, and if it doesn't work out, then at least you can afford to regroup and go again. :thumbright:
64JACK

Postby llangainbluebird » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:56 pm

Remember him playing for us in the late 80s. There's a famous photo of him being carried shoulder high by our fans off the Ninian Park pitch, after we beat Crewe to win promotion. He also scored one of our best ever goals, against Wrexham in the a Welsh Cup final, ( ironically, at the Vetch!). I was at both games, and it seems like yesterday. He also did great for Wales. In his autobiography, he devotes one chapter to his time with us, entitled, 'Bluebird'. He was a bit nervous joining us, for obvious reasons, but once here, did his best, and was a big favourite.

Leaving all that aside, his heart is obviously at Swansea. But Alan Curtis is no Alan Tate, or Lee Trundle. I've never met him, but everybody who has say that he's a really nice bloke. A gentleman, and a real football man. He's probably just what they need at the moment. Knows their set-up inside out. A Swansea fan was telling me recently that the players need sorting out, Shelvey and the likes, but even Ashley Williams. Found that a bit hard to believe, but that's what he said was the view among many. The Western Mail today seems to think that Curtis is already doing that. Perhaps he's not too nice after all.

Swansea are very fortunate to have Alan Curtis. Their real fans know that well enough. To be honest, I wish we had someone similar.
llangainbluebird

Re: UPDATED ' Odds-on Favourite to be New Jack Manager '

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:42 am

Alan Curtis says Swansea City are in the market for many players they may have already sounded out during the summer transfer window but he has also dropped quite a big hint that a striker will be a priority.

The same goes for Cardiff. With Kenwyne Jones set to leave they are looking for a front man as well as sealing the permanent transfer of Tony Watt who, until now, has been on loan from Charlton. Russell Slade is also after a winger and has also been heavily linked with a £450,000 move for Bolton midfielder Josh Vela.

Read more: Everton FC ready to make £5m swoop for Cardiff City goalkeeper and captain David Marshall

In terms of departures, Bafetimbi Gomis has been linked with a move away from the Liberty Stadium again and Michael Laudrup's former team in Qatar Lekhwiya are said to be interested in a £6.5m deal for him.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby SwampCCFC » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:47 am

it seemed the right decision to sack monk but you always have to think who is available to replace him. there aren't many managers who are free at the moment and would talk to a club like swansea.

this season has all the hallmarks of a relegation season for swansea. i think we'll be playing a league derby next season.
SwampCCFC

Postby KBK-13 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:51 pm

64JACK wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Your correct. We should take the most expensive option, and end up in the Championship without a pot to piss in as we're millions in debt which we can't pay back with a squad full of useless fuckin shit that you couldn't sell for love no money as their wages are to high. You wouldn't want yourselves to be in a position like that would you? No of course not, it's better too take the more affordable prudent option, and if it doesn't work out, then at least you can afford to regroup and go again. :thumbright:

Do you think we should take administration?
KBK-13

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:29 pm

64JACK wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

If you are happy to give up and take the cheapest option and regroup next season you are in the minority, the ones I have spoken wanted a proven experienced Manager to improve your chances of staying up ??

I don't think a gamble on another in house ex player is the answer, but time will tell ??

It's between you Norwich, and Sunderland, to join Villa. I think Newcaslte will pull away, so I'm looking forward to watching the run in......
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:35 pm

64JACK wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

So do you think he is the answer ???

Do you think he is better suited to a relegation battle than Norwich or Sunderlands Managers ???

No chance, he's a cheap in house gamble....
Bluebina

Postby pengamblue » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:23 pm

the job is a poision chalice . russell to the rescue :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:
pengamblue

Postby Bluebina » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:39 pm

64JACK wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Changed my mind, you are right, keep Curtis he's brilliant ;)
Bluebina

Return to Gambler's Den