' FAW will struggle to keep hold of Chris Coleman '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:27 pm

BBC

Wednesday 27th July 2016

BBC pundit Dean Saunders believes the FAW will struggle to keep hold of boss Chris Coleman despite him signing a new contract that takes him through to the 2018 World Cup.

Saunders, speaking in an interview with Reuters, believes Premier League and European clubs will be approaching Coleman now.

I don’t know if the FA are going to be able to keep hold of Chris, I think someone will probably snap him up soon.

“Right now his stock is high so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has had offers to go to a Premier League club or to go abroad. I’d imagine that’s what is probably happening as we speak.”
Attachments
JS94500994.jpg
JS94500994.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' FAW will struggle to keep hold of Chris Coleman '

Postby BEEP AHM » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:45 pm

I am not knocking the man but he isn't all that - twice Gareth Bale saved his job, goal against Scotland and goal against Andorra, & tactically one dimensional - get Bellamy working alongside him now and I be happy to see him takeover :thumbup:
BEEP AHM

Postby SwampCCFC » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:58 pm

now is the time for coleman to cash in, if that is what he wants. management is very much a game of ups and downs. at one end you have the massively overhyped recent successes, including ranieri and coleman, and at the other end, managers cast off as useless. the truth is invariably somewhere in between.

coleman is nowhere near as good as people seem to think. what would he do at a small premier league team? do the same as what he did with wales but without the brilliance of gareth bale to paper over the cracks? that would be a recipe for disaster.
SwampCCFC

Postby EalingBluebird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:I am not knocking the man but he isn't all that - twice Gareth Bale saved his job, goal against Scotland and goal against Andorra, & tactically one dimensional - get Bellamy working alongside him now and I be happy to see him takeover :thumbup:

A Marc Robins goal saved Sir Alex Ferguson from the sack in his early Man United days too, its football, it's a results driven business. Doesn't mean Alex Ferguson "wasn't all that" as a result, as he went on to be Manchester Uniteds most successful ever manager.

Coleman is now our nations most successful manager of all time and deserves every single scrap of praise that his brought his way. A lot of our fans don't deserve a manager or a side like we have, we cry for decades to have a side and manager to be proud of, we finally get both at one time and people cant wait to stick in the boot.

We have one of the best defensive records in Europe - that has virtually nothing to do with Gareth Bale.
EalingBluebird

Postby SwampCCFC » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:44 pm

EalingBluebird wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:I am not knocking the man but he isn't all that - twice Gareth Bale saved his job, goal against Scotland and goal against Andorra, & tactically one dimensional - get Bellamy working alongside him now and I be happy to see him takeover :thumbup:

A Marc Robins goal saved Sir Alex Ferguson from the sack in his early Man United days too, its football, it's a results driven business. Doesn't mean Alex Ferguson "wasn't all that" as a result, as he went on to be Manchester Uniteds most successful ever manager.

Coleman is now our nations most successful manager of all time and deserves every single scrap of praise that his brought his way. A lot of our fans don't deserve a manager or a side like we have, we cry for decades to have a side and manager to be proud of, we finally get both at one time and people cant wait to stick in the boot.

We have one of the best defensive records in Europe - that has virtually nothing to do with Gareth Bale.

yes, coleman is, but that doesnt mean it will transfer to club football where he doesnt have bale. look at his record before, it is patchy at best.

and for you to say the defensive record has nothing to do with bale is garbage. how many times does he head the ball away? how many times does he take the ball 70 yards when the team is stationed on the 22 yard box and take the pressure off?

scoring goals is the most difficult thing to do in football, and we have one of the best in the world at doing that currently. without him it is unlikely we would have even made the euros.
SwampCCFC

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Written in the stars Coleman will leave and Giggs or Bellers will step up.
Nuclearblue

Postby RV Casual » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:56 pm

I have read some wild things on here over the years but calling what Ranieri achieved at Leicester as massively over-hyped tops the lot.
RV Casual

Postby EalingBluebird » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:

yes, coleman is, but that doesnt mean it will transfer to club football where he doesnt have bale. look at his record before, it is patchy at best.

and for you to say the defensive record has nothing to do with bale is garbage. how many times does he head the ball away? how many times does he take the ball 70 yards when the team is stationed on the 22 yard box and take the pressure off?

scoring goals is the most difficult thing to do in football, and we have one of the best in the world at doing that currently. without him it is unlikely we would have even made the euros.

His record before is perfectly good. Im sure his record after international football will be equally as good.

I said our defensive record has "virtually nothing" to do with Bale. I have not seen him head many balls away so not sure what game/s you are referring to, no more than any other striker who tracks back at set pieces. We have a phenomenal defensive record due to Colemans tactics, formation and team spirit. This is not luck, and most cetainly does not have much to do with Bale regardless of what you are trying to suggest.

Many teams have world class forward players, it doesn't mean they are automatically good. We ourselves have had the likes of Bale, Huges and Giggs in teams of years gone by, none of them even achieved close to a tenth of what Coleman has achieved. These facts may not be received well by Coleman haters, but they are facts none the less.

People with that view do the rest of the side a massive disservice - and the team have rightly stuck 2 fingers up and laughed in their faces after proving them to be utterly clueless over the past few months.
EalingBluebird

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:23 am

Yes a lot of our success is Bale and Ramsey inspired....but Coleman is obviously a good manager and tactically pretty impressive.

All Wales success is not just down to him but he deserves great credit for picking the back room team and getting the squad playing as a genuine "team"

He should probably stay as Wales manager as I don't think he has finished the job yet and there is still more to come from this group
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby BEEP AHM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Wales' success is down to 33% Toshack, 33% Speed and 33% Coleman - I wont cry if Coleman leaves that's for sure
BEEP AHM

Postby EalingBluebird » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:00 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Wales' success is down to 33% Toshack, 33% Speed and 33% Coleman - I wont cry if Coleman leaves that's for sure

I disagree. Toshack was an absolute waste of time for Wales, a dinosaur with the modern tactical awareness of a mushroom. He is praised for bringing kids into the team but the truth is he had no choice, when he took over a load of the old guard retired (many because he was appointed I may add). If you are to go into that era baring any actual fruit for where we find ourselves today then I would rather credit Brian Flynn than Toshack.

Speed did well for a short space of time after a pretty disasterous start. He instilled a level of professionalism and belief but I dont think he can be pinned for much of the credit for where we find ourselves today because there is barely anything left of his imprint regardless of what people would like to believe, we have a whole different philosophy and outlook from Speeds reign. We had to scrap that and leave it there as it wasnt working anymore under a different manager. He instilled the belief, that is still there today and for that he has my gratitude.

When Coleman came in he was told to keep it the same, he did as he was told and it clearly wasnt working. He then told the FAW that he does it his way or not at all. He has then made us into a counter attacking unit that has graced the best stage in European International football and has become our most successful ever manager and made use one of the best sides in European football. This is his side, make no mistake.

If we must apportion out % of contribution to todays successes in management terms then I would say 10% Flynn for nurturing the young players in a successful u-21 set up, 20% Speed for instilling professionalism and belief and 70% Coleman who has taken us to a level we have never been to in our history, doing it all his way and in his style.
EalingBluebird

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:27 am

Whatever happens I will wish Coleman the best because I wasn't a huge fan when he first took over but he has proved me wrong and I will happily admit that. To do it though under the circumstances he did it is remarkable and hearing the stuff he done before he took the job just deserves more credit.

I was there for that emotional memorial match v Costa Rica and seeing the state some of the players walking out, during the game and after just made me really upset on the way home but just wondered if Coleman had the mentality to pull this group through and carry on the work that Speed laid the foundations for.

Coleman like Robson Kanu and other Welsh players involved have give 100% in that tournament but with club career objectives used this tournament as a stepping stone to really make a name for themselves and have done, for me whatever moves anyone gets in the Wales camp deserve because they showed quality when other big names didn't to announce themselves.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby BEEP AHM » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:30 am

EalingBluebird wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:Wales' success is down to 33% Toshack, 33% Speed and 33% Coleman - I wont cry if Coleman leaves that's for sure

I disagree. Toshack was an absolute waste of time for Wales, a dinosaur with the modern tactical awareness of a mushroom. He is praised for bringing kids into the team but the truth is he had no choice, when he took over a load of the old guard retired (many because he was appointed I may add). If you are to go into that era baring any actual fruit for where we find ourselves today then I would rather credit Brian Flynn than Toshack.

Speed did well for a short space of time after a pretty disasterous start. He instilled a level of professionalism and belief but I dont think he can be pinned for much of the credit for where we find ourselves today because there is barely anything left of his imprint regardless of what people would like to believe, we have a whole different philosophy and outlook from Speeds reign. We had to scrap that and leave it there as it wasnt working anymore under a different manager. He instilled the belief, that is still there today and for that he has my gratitude.

When Coleman came in he was told to keep it the same, he did as he was told and it clearly wasnt working. He then told the FAW that he does it his way or not at all. He has then made us into a counter attacking unit that has graced the best stage in European International football and has become our most successful ever manager and made use one of the best sides in European football. This is his side, make no mistake.

If we must apportion out % of contribution to todays successes in management terms then I would say 10% Flynn for nurturing the young players in a successful u-21 set up, 20% Speed for instilling professionalism and belief and 70% Coleman who has taken us to a level we have never been to in our history, doing it all his way and in his style.

Coleman told to keep it the same??? by who??? that proves to me then that Coleman isn't all that. Any manager worth his salt would say I run this team as mine, that is what I get paid for. Have a look at who Toshack brought in early...and then you will realise his input
BEEP AHM

Postby EalingBluebird » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:20 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
EalingBluebird wrote:

Coleman told to keep it the same??? by who??? that proves to me then that Coleman isn't all that. Any manager worth his salt would say I run this team as mine, that is what I get paid for. Have a look at who Toshack brought in early...and then you will realise his input

Yes, told to keep it the same. By who? By the FAW of course, its well known and on record. Surely if you are to hold such a crazy opinion then you must know such details as this in order to form an opinion in the first place?

Coleman was put into a difficult situation, he took on the job his friend started, it wasnt a normal circumstance. In a normal scenario im sure he would have rebelled against the FAW earlier, but he tried to continue Speeds plan as requested.

This didn't work so he told them its Coleman's way or no way - we have since become the best we have ever been, that proves Coleman has done a top job regardless of what you say and others who revel in "bashing the jack". Its quite a crazy scenario really, a bit like a section of Man United fans saying "Sir Alex wasnt all that" just because he is Scottish. Coleman is our nations most successful ever manager, you would do well to remember that.

As for Toshack, I have already touched upon it. He had no choice but to bring in the youth, simply because there wasnt anybody else. Due to his awful management a large chunk of the first team decided to retire, he had to the, promote from the superb U-21 set up of Brian Flynn. Toshack still got little to nothing out of them I may add, he was a disaster.
EalingBluebird

Postby ianto13 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:58 pm

So Toshack is a crap Manager? That's why he managed Real Madrid twice and took little Swansea from the 4th Division to the the 1st Division after we turned him down and why he has had almost 40 years in Football Management after an outstanding playing career. Unbelievable some people on this forum?
ianto13

Postby EalingBluebird » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:07 am

ianto13 wrote:So Toshack is a crap Manager? That's why he managed Real Madrid twice and took little Swansea from the 4th Division to the the 1st Division after we turned him down and why he has had almost 40 years in Football Management after an outstanding playing career. Unbelievable some people on this forum?

Jesus you cant be serious?

You are talking about the 1970's and 1980's for Gods sake. He WAS a top manager, yes. But today he is an awful manager. Outdated tactics, outdated ideas and an absolute fossil in the game. Do you honestly think if the managerial position came up again at Real Madrid (or any top club for that matter) then Toshack would genuinely be in the frame? ....Of course not. :D

Thats why his last 3 managerial positions have been the giants that are Wydad Casablanca, Khazar Lankaran and Macedonia :laughing6:

Suppose you wouldnt mind Big Ron Atkinson having a crack at the big time too and still beleieve he is relevant in todays game. Ridiculous. :lol:
EalingBluebird

Postby nubbsy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:39 am

Yeah I'm sure he'd come here
nubbsy

Postby SwampCCFC » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:13 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:now is the time for coleman to cash in, if that is what he wants. management is very much a game of ups and downs. at one end you have the massively overhyped recent successes, including ranieri and coleman, and at the other end, managers cast off as useless. the truth is invariably somewhere in between.

coleman is nowhere near as good as people seem to think. what would he do at a small premier league team? do the same as what he did with wales but without the brilliance of gareth bale to paper over the cracks? that would be a recipe for disaster.

i wonder how people's opinions of coleman and ranieri are now? as above, see the bigger picture folks :thumbright:
SwampCCFC

Return to General Chat