Ladbrokes tip: CARDIFF CITY FOR PLAY-OFFS

Gambler's Den

Postby NIGELNIGLE » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 am

NEVER MIND SURVIVAL, HERE’S WHY CARDIFF CITY ARE OUR PLAY-OFF TIP.

Last night’s impressive 2-1 victory at Wolverhampton Wanderers extended Cardiff City’s unbeaten run to three games and lifted them out of the relegation zone.

But their revival under the steady hand of Neil Warnock, paired with the unpredictability of the Championship means the hefty odds of 33/1 for the Bluebirds to soar up and take a play-off spot looks well worth a punt.

The 68-year-old gaffer has made the South Wales outfit extremely tough to break down, since taking over at the beginning of October. And that’s been reflected in their vastly improved league form.

After taking just eight points from their first 11 league games, the Bluebirds have now chalked up 15 in 10 games under Warnock, and last night’s display saw them dominate chances and possession against Wolves.

However, while they played some slick stuff against the Molineux outfit, it’s Cardiff’s battling spirit which has most caught the eye in recent games.

Having come from behind to win last night, thanks to Anthony Pilkington’s neat finish, the Bluebirds once again showed the mental toughness which saw them cling onto a draw at Ipswich last weekend, despite playing much of the second-half with 10 men.

That’s been helped by a solid and consistent defensive line-up, with the likes of Lee Peltier and Sean Morrison impressing since Warnock’s arrival.

And those disciplined displays have been borne out by Cardiff conceding just two goals in their last three games – becoming the first team to shut out Brighton in the last 16 games, along the way.

At the other end, former England international Rickie Lambert is beginning to rediscover his shooting boots after a difficult few seasons. He’s netted twice in the last four games, including a superbly taken volley in the victory over Huddersfield Town.

Having netted 27 times in the Championship for Southampton back in 2011-12, there’s no doubt the 34-year-old can be prolific at this level. And he’s well supplied by fellow veteran Peter Whittingham and Aron Gunnarsson, who starred in Iceland’s Euro 2016 campaign.

But it’s Warnock who remains the most important member of the Bluebirds’ set-up, and the most convincing reason for them to rise to the play-off spots.

Having achieved seven promotions in management to date, including two from the Championship – with Sheffield United and Queens Park Rangers respectively – there’s no question Warnock knows how to build a well-organised outfit and drag them up the table.

When you consider the fact he arrived at apparent relegation-certainties Rotherham United last February and took them on an 11-game unbeaten run, just think what he could achieve with a Bluebirds side packed with talented and tough players.

Next up for Cardiff City is a home tie against Barnsley on Saturday, with Evens for the South Wales club to chalk up their fourth win in five meetings with the Tykes.

Win that game, and the 33/1 for Cardiff to finish in the play-off spots could well be slashed – as could the similarly generous 100/1 for them to win promotion to the Premier League this season.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/cham ... f-tip.html
NIGELNIGLE

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ladbrokes tip: CARDIFF CITY FOR PLAY-OFFS

Postby lyndipops » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:59 am

Worth a punt! :ayatollah:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby davids » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Didn't they see the first half? :o
davids

Postby welshrarebit » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:55 pm

If the squad or rather main players in the match day squad stays the same then not for me. I don't think we have the creative quality to push on consistently. But if Warnock strengthens well then its anyones game I think. Its a massive uphill struggle but not impossible. Warnock clearly has an eye for a player and if he can snag some quality at a good price then great. Bamba and Hoilett have been excellent. I am disapointed Chamakh hasn't taken his chance and its a shame to see someone with his pedigree fail to oust a converted winger from up front. That said he will most likely leave in Jan. Richardson I suspect will hang around. He has been used in most match day squads and while his best days are behind him, he is very versatile so a good squad man.

If we can get a decent goal scorer and someone in mid field that can actually make things happen then I think we will do alright. Oh and some pace would be nice!!!
welshrarebit

Postby Davedingbluebird » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:07 pm

I have this off Ladbrokes at 66/1 earlier in the season.. Cheeky £10 bet.
Davedingbluebird

Postby nubbsy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Davedingbluebird wrote:I have this off Ladbrokes at 66/1 earlier in the season.. Cheeky £10 bet.

That's a tenner you'll never see again, fact.
nubbsy

Postby Bluebird1977 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Davedingbluebird wrote:I have this off Ladbrokes at 66/1 earlier in the season.. Cheeky £10 bet.

That's a tenner you'll never see again, fact.

:laughing5:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:44 pm

welshrarebit wrote:If the squad or rather main players in the match day squad stays the same then not for me. I don't think we have the creative quality to push on consistently. But if Warnock strengthens well then its anyones game I think. Its a massive uphill struggle but not impossible. Warnock clearly has an eye for a player and if he can snag some quality at a good price then great. Bamba and Hoilett have been excellent. I am disapointed Chamakh hasn't taken his chance and its a shame to see someone with his pedigree fail to oust a converted winger from up front. That said he will most likely leave in Jan. Richardson I suspect will hang around. He has been used in most match day squads and while his best days are behind him, he is very versatile so a good squad man.

If we can get a decent goal scorer and someone in mid field that can actually make things happen then I think we will do alright. Oh and some pace would be nice!!!

Problem could be with how many players with real quality will become available in the January window. Clubs will be reluctant to loan out players if they are performing well, and if a few quality players do become available, there will be a lot of competition from other clubs. Right now, some players may not be fussed on moving to a club that are currently down the wrong end of the table, but hopefully Warnock may have a bit of influence and be able to get one or two half decent players here to consolidate our championship status.
Steve Zodiak

Return to Gambler's Den