Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mr Tan Authorised The Flight

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:30 am

To Leeds last weeks on the request of our manager.

Neil Warnock felt a long coach journey would have a factor in the result.

Credit to. Vincent Tan here. :bluescarf:

Re: Mr Tan Authorised The Flight

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 pm

:lol:

My back was a bit sore last Saturday having spent over 8 hours on a bus going to Leeds and back.

Anyone got Vinnie's number? Perhaps he'll lay on a plane to Barnsley for the supporters?

:thumbup:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 pm

davids wrote::lol:

My back was a bit sore last Saturday having spent over 8 hours on a bus going to Leeds and back.

Anyone got Vinnie's number? Perhaps he'll lay on a plane to Barnsley for the supporters?

:thumbup:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:To Leeds last weeks on the request of our manager.

Vinnie was it.Dam,someone told me it was Annis :lol:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:07 pm

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:
“When we get two wins like that – well a lot of credit goes to Ken Choo, I asked if we could fly to Leeds and we had no sponsors so it was a lot of money for the club"

Warnock asked Choo,did then ask Tan,but we have been doing this on many occasions if its a journey up North and the cost comes from our club as always, not Vincent Tans pocket.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Tan only gave permission to spend the money after all eventually will come out of his pocket ? Very few owners pay away expenses out own pockets!

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:18 pm

I'm sorry but to me it's an extravagance that is completely unnecessary to be flying to a place that's only four hours away by road.

The coach that they travel in is extremely luxurious and it's no great hardship sitting in absolute luxury especially when they travel up the day before meaning that they'd have plenty of time to recover even if the coach trip took a little longer.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't catch a plane to Bristol to be honest! Bloody ridiculous.

We're constantly being told of cutbacks and the club not being able to afford this or that and yet they can waste what must have been thousands of pounds on flying a couple of hundred miles.

And the bloody bus went up there anyway to take them to and from the ground and must have been empty there and back!

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Vinnie was it.Dam,someone told me it was Annis :lol:

Martin :lol:

The funny story is,we lost every game when we went by plane under Slade and Trollope,thats why the club were considering stopping the flights.

Thankfully in Neil Warnock we trust :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:
“When we get two wins like that – well a lot of credit goes to Ken Choo, I asked if we could fly to Leeds and we had no sponsors so it was a lot of money for the club"

Warnock asked Choo,did then ask Tan,but we have been doing this on many occasions if its a journey up North and the cost comes from our club as always, not Vincent Tans pocket.

Here's exactly what warnock said.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Bluebirds68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:

AND?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 pm

It's neils fault for wanting to go by air! :occasion5:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:47 pm

If Neil wanted to I would get concord into service and use that, would give the team more relaxing time again, by the time it took off it would have landed :laughing6:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 pm

I love you Vincent :bluescarf:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Igovernor wrote:If Neil wanted to I would get concord into service and use that, would give the team more relaxing time again, by the time it took off it would have landed :laughing6:

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebirds68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:

AND?

I think he's making the point that you missed the key part of the quote where Warnock confirmed tan authorised it! :thumbright:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:56 am

brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebirds68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:

AND?

I think he's making the point that you missed the key part of the quote where Warnock confirmed tan authorised it! :thumbright:

But I had already said that and it also confirms everything I've said in other Topics, money only ever gets spent on Tans say so :thumbright:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:56 am

Blue Monday wrote:I love you Vincent :bluescarf:

A bit of a weird post :lol:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebirds68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:

AND?

But I had already said that and it also confirms everything I've said in other Topics, money only ever gets spent on Tans say so :thumbright:

And you are absolutely correct, but it is only the same as many other clubs in the Championship.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebirds68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:

AND?

And you are absolutely correct, but it is only the same as many other clubs in the Championship.

Thank you Tony and that's why there is only one person to blame for our financial problems and money spent :thumbright:

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebirds68 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Joff,

Neil Warnock said today:

AND?

Thank you Tony and that's why there is only one person to blame for our financial problems and money spent :thumbright:

I wouldn't agree Tan is solely to blame for our financial mismanagement but he certainly carries a large part of the blame. It is the age old problem of whether to back a manager with funds. If a Chairman does and it goes wrong he picks up the tab and partial blame, if he doesn't then he is accused of a lack of ambition.

I understand that the appointment of managers is the responsibility of the Chairman/Owner but the useless ability of OGS to identify value for money was not the fault of Tan, although not sacking him earlier was.