Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' The Bob Bank, Ninian Park '

Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:26 am

The Bob Bank, Ninian Park :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' The Bob Bank, Ninian Park '

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:53 am

Like that photo! Brings back some good memories of past times, good laugh, togetherness and certainly when the football was not always the best! Keep em coming Annis.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Never ever "taken".chelsea gave it a good shot but got battered.funniest though a welsh cup game jacks in there early doors via the grange end. Bob bank turnstiles opened they sprinted off faster than usain bolt

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Remember a mob of about 20 West Ham coming on there. Cardiff fans were all over them like locusts with the last Hammer in a long leather coat was literally lobbed over onto the track around the pitch. Funny how some things stick in your mind, but I can still the look of terror on that fellars face after all these years.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:31 pm

I remember the black guy (west ham fan) on top of the fence.police clubbing him one side city fans attacking him on the other.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Guess it must have been about 1978/1980? Can remember the black guy too, could it have been Cass Pennant?

Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Don't know.bizarrely I remember him coming down with orient as well.took a terrible beating when he tried to take the bob bank on his own!.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Most impressive mob ive seen down Ninian park, night match 1980,only about 100 of them,only a youngster at the time remember thinking it must be great being that hard.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Dai Drope wrote:Like that photo! Brings back some good memories of past times, good laugh, togetherness and certainly when the football was not always the best! Keep em coming Annis.

Great memories :thumbright: :bluebird: