Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Kenneth Zohore '

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:08 am

Striker Zohore a 'revelation' says Cardiff boss Warnock

By Michael Pearlman
BBC Wales Sport

20/03/17

Kenneth Zohore has 15 caps and six goals for his native Denmark at under-21 level

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says Kenneth Zohore is one of the best strikers in the Championship after being "not far away from being a waste of time" just a few months ago.

Zohore's double helped Cardiff to a 3-1 win over Ipswich Town as the Denmark U21 striker took his tally to nine goals in his last 10 league games.

"I wouldn't swap him for many in the Championship," said Warnock.

"He's got every attribute and you can't coach what he has got."

Warnock believes his management has been key in getting the best out of Zohore.

"There was not a player here like that when I came here," Warnock told BBC Wales Sport.

"He was not a waste of time, but he wasn't far away from being a waste of time.

'He's been a revelation'

"He walked about, wouldn't tackle, wouldn't chase back and he wore gloves everywhere.

"You name it really.

"But he's a good lad and the chat I had with him against Wolves at half-time (in December) was obviously vital, because he's been a revelation since then."

Warnock says the transformation in Zohore's game is comparable to that of some Premier League and international players he has worked with in his lengthy managerial career.

Neil Warnock has guided Cardiff to over 50 points, the amount usually seen as enough to avoid relegation from the Championship
"Oh yeah, Victor Moses (now at Chelsea) was one, there have been a few players who surprised me," Warnock said.

"A few that didn't realise (how good they could be). Phil Jagielka (Everton and England) is another, when I first got hold of him.

"Some lads don't believe in themselves and need convincing.

"The minimum you should get out of a player is 100%. Then the ability goes on top.

"You need that work ethic at any level of the game.

"When you do that, you make your own luck, as Gary Player used to say."

However, Warnock is unconcerned that rival clubs might be looking at Zohore, who he has previously stated was not for sale, even at £20 million.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.