NEIL WANROCK:" I WONT OVER SPEND WITH HIS £6MILL "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:50 am

NEIL WARNOCK:" I WONT OVER SPEND WITH HIS £6MILL "

Neil Warnock believes Cardiff City bench hasn't been "anywhere near" good enough and must be bolstered for promotion charge

By Dominic Booth

Friday 17th March 2017

Neil Warnock has revealed he's holding weekly meetings with Cardiff City's scouting team, as the Bluebirds lay out a transfer plan for the summer.

The Cardiff boss wants to add depth to his squad, believing recent options available to him on the bench haven't been "anywhere near" good enough for a side targeting promotion.

Warnock repeated that he won't overspend in the summer, with a transfer war chest of around £6million likely to be available and the boss ready to make sure wages are "sensible".

The veteran manager also met with the club's finance director this week, as he continues to look ahead to a busy summer at Cardiff City Stadium.

"We had a meeting this week," said Warnock , who wants to bolster whichever positions he can — as long as he has a deeper squad from which to pick a side next season.

He's been unhappy with his limited options in recent weeks, as the Bluebirds were stung by late goals against Queens Park Rangers, Blackburn Rovers and Birmingham City to deny them points.

"It changes every week, some players sign new contracts and as we add players to the squad we knock some off the bottom of the list.

"With the chief scout we have weekly meetings, updating positions with availability.

"It's whatever positions we can get a good player, we need a squad.

"In the last few games we've had very little on the bench.

"It's not their fault. If you're going for promotion — no disrespect to some of the lads on the bench — but (they) shouldn't be anywhere near . They should be pushing for it.

"We are thin on the ground.

"We're not looking to spend fortunes. Hopefully we've got sensible wage options without killing the club, that's what we should do."

Warnock also revealed the details of finance meetings, as he looks to assemble a detailed blueprint of the club's spending position.

"It (the meeting) was good," he added.

"They've gone away after we talked about our figures, the approximate wages, what I need to clear.

"It will be about 10 days after the first meeting and then we have another meeting so we can get started."
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Bristol-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Cardiff-City-Stadium.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Bristol-City-Sky-Bet-Championship-Cardiff-City-Stadium.jpg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WANROCK:" I WONT OVER SPEND WITH HIS £6MILL "

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Good for him. I was actually glad we told Aberdeen to stick it over that winger (forgotten his name already :lol: ) as they were obviously trying it on.

There are bargains out there as Bamba and Junior have proved. Now let's go get 'um.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sven » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good for him. I was actually glad we told Aberdeen to stick it over that winger (forgotten his name already :lol: ) as they were obviously trying it on.

There are bargains out there as Bamba and Junior have proved. Now let's go get 'um.

Warnock knows 'value' and (maybe more importantly) knows when to move on to other pre-selected targets. In recent years our transfer policy (loose term) has been flown by the seat of its pants! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Sven wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good for him. I was actually glad we told Aberdeen to stick it over that winger (forgotten his name already :lol: ) as they were obviously trying it on.

In recent years our transfer policy (loose term) has been flown by the seat of its pants! :ayatollah:

:lol: Your so diplomatic Sven
Tony Blue Williams

Postby englishbluebird » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Love Warnock and his honesty, but to be honest id rather us be focusing on this season,relegation is highly unlikely but not impossible .Lets get as many points as we can before talking about the summer :old: :old:
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby ninianblue » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:06 pm

to be honest, a goalkeeper, a winger, and a striker, aint going to make much difference to where we are now, im thinking warnock wants 6 mill, out of tan, then more money from a players sale, in warnock we trust :clap: :lol:
ninianblue

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:09 am

englishbluebird wrote:Love Warnock and his honesty, but to be honest id rather us be focusing on this season,relegation is highly unlikely but not impossible .Lets get as many points as we can before talking about the summer :old: :old:

Dude! Seriously?!
Fergy1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:03 pm

ninianblue wrote:to be honest, a goalkeeper, a winger, and a striker, aint going to make much difference to where we are now, im thinking warnock wants 6 mill, out of tan, then more money from a players sale, in warnock we trust :clap: :lol:

Agree :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat