Over 5,000 Welsh Football Fans are travelling :thumbright: :thumbright:

Game Sold Out :ayatollah:

Bookies Odds

William Hill

Republic of Ireland 6/4

Draw 2/1

Wales 9/4

' TEAM NEWS '

Wales will be at full strength with Gareth Bale having returned from injury and suspension with club side Real Madrid.

Tom Lawrence was withdrawn from the squad and replaced by Liverpool youngster Harry Wilson.

Another Anfield product, Ben Woodburn, could win his first cap if he is called upon at any stage.

But expect Coleman to stick the line-up that helped Wales qualify for, and reach the semi-finals of, Euro 2016.

The Republic, meanwhile, have a host of injury problems.

Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark, Harry Arter, Wes Hoolahan and Daryl Murphy are all out, while Robbie Brady is suspended.

However, Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy look set to start after the Everton duo overcame knocks.

Chris Coleman:
“We are four points behind the Republic but there are 18 points to play for and we have got to play them twice. We’ve still got to play Serbia – I know it’s away – but they have still got to meet us. So there is a lot to play for. A lot lot lot to play for.”

Latest News

' LATEST NEWS '

22/03/17

Republic of Ireland's injury crisis deepened on Tuesday with striker Daryl Murphy ruled out of Friday's World Cup qualifier against Wales in Dublin.

The Newcastle United forward has a calf problem and has returned to his club for further treatment.

It is another blow for Republic boss Martin O'Neill after the withdrawals of Wes Hoolahan, Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark and Harry Arter.

Everton midfielder James McCarthy is being monitored for a hamstring injury.

This is realistically a must win for Wales if they are looking to top the group and qualify. Wales have no major injury concerns at the moment.

17 year old Liverpool star Ben Woodburn has been called up to the Wales squad :ayatollah:

The Squads

Wales

Ireland

Ireland

FIFA World Cup™ finals history
The Republic of Ireland’s breakthrough FIFA World Cup was Italy 1990, featuring a fairytale run to the quarter-finals. They were back in the latter stages four years later, having beaten Italy 1-0 in a famous group opener at New York’s Giants Stadium. While their most recent trip, in 2002, saw Robbie Keane’s last-gasp equaliser against Germany set up a last 16 encounter with Spain, they ultimately lost on penalties.

The team
Throughout the squad there is a healthy mix of youth and experience, with speedster Seamus Coleman and the technically astute James McCarthy complimenting veteran defender John O’Shea and the ever-agile Shay Given. Talismanic captain Robbie Keane, the current leading goalscorer in international football, recently announced his retirement from the national team.

The coach
Martin O’Neill took on the Republic of Ireland role, his first international job, in 2013 after legendary Italian manager Giovanni Trapattoni stepped down. Roy Keane, who starred for the Boys in Green at the 1994 finals, is his assistant.

The stat
2 - Republic of Ireland have won just twice in 13 World Cup games, but have emerged from their group in all three appearances on the global stage – reaching the quarter-finals in 1990 without winning a single match.

The former stars
Liam Brady, Paul McGrath, Robbie Keane, Roy Keane

Wales

FIFA World Cup finals history
Wales have only appeared at the finals once, in 1958 when they were led by the great John Charles. They reached the quarter-finals after a 2-1 win over returning runners-up Hungary, with a solitary Pele goal then sending them home. They have struggled in qualifying since, coming close in bids to reach 1982 and 1986 but lost out to Czechoslovakia and Scotland respectively on goal difference.

The team
Not lacking in individual talent, The Dragons are blessed with the likes of Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, while Joe Ledley and Joe Allen help make up a dynamic midfield. Behind them, the likes of English Premier League regulars Ben Davies, James Collins and captain Ashley Williams feature in a solid backline.

The coach
Though still a manager in the early stages of his coaching career, aged 44, Chris Coleman already has 12 years’ experience in the hot seat. Since taking charge of the nation he represented 36 times as a player in 2012, there have been promising signs that they could make their return to the World Cup.

The stat
35 – The number of days after Gareth Bale's 17th birthday when he became Wales' youngest-ever goal-scorer.

The former stars
John Charles, Ian Rush, Gary Speed, Ryan Giggs, Ivor Allchurch, Neville Southall

Qualifying Group & Fixtures

GROUP D
Austria
Wales
Republic of Ireland
Serbia
Moldova
Georgia

September 5 Wales 4-0 Moldova
October 6 Austria 2 - 2 Wales
October 9 Wales 1 - 1 Georgia
November 12 Wales 1 - 1 Serbia

March 24: (a) v Republic of Ireland
June 11: (a) v Serbia
September 2: (h) v Austria
September 5: (a) v Moldova
October 6: (a) v Georgia
October 9: (h) v Republic of Ireland

Previous Meetings

14/08/2013 Friendlies 2013 Wales 0 - 0 Republic of Ireland
08/02/2011 Nations Cup 2011 Republic of Ireland 3 - 0 Wales
17/11/2007 EC Qualification 2008 Austria/Switzerland Wales 2 - 2 Republic of Ireland
24/03/2007 EC Qualification 2008 Austria/Switzerland Republic of Ireland 1 - 0 Wales
11/02/1997 Friendlies 1997 Wales 0 - 0 Republic of Ireland

Aviva Stadium

Key facts

Opening: 2010
Capacity: 50,000 seats

History and description

The Aviva Stadium is the national stadium of Ireland and the standard playing venue of the Irish national team. It also hosts most of the nation’s major rugby matches.

The Aviva Stadium was built on the place of the old Lansdowne Road Stadium, which was one of the oldest stadiums in the world when it got demolished in 2007. Construction of the Aviva Stadium started right after and finished in early 2010. The stadium had a price tag of €410 million and was designed by Populous.

The Aviva Stadium officially opened on the 14th of May 2010. First football was played on the 4th of August 2010 when a League of Ireland side hosted Manchester United for a friendly (1-7).

In 2011 the stadium was the playing venue of the Europa League final between FC Porto and SC Braga (1-0).

The Aviva Stadium’s most notable feature are its curvilinear shaped stands enclosing the complete stadium, a shape chosen to make sure that the surrounding houses get enough sunlight. The stadium holds a total of 10,000 premium seats as well as 1,300 seats in corporate boxes. All seats are covered.

Tickets

The match is now sold out :notworthy:

Match Odds

Wales 12/5
Draw 2
Ireland 13/10

Guess The Score

Post your predictions below :thumbup:
Owain

' TEAM NEWS: IRELAND v WALES ' UPDATED DAILY

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' GUESS THE SCORE: IRELAND v WALES' UPDATED DAILY

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:57 am

Ireland 1 Wales 2 :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:25 am

Ireland 0-1 Wales bale to score both our goals :occasion5:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:26 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Ireland 0-1 Wales bale to score both our goals :occasion5:

Meant to type 2-0 wales :lol:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:36 am

Think we will lose this one. Ireland 2-0.
Steve Zodiak

Postby theclaw » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:48 am

0-1 Ramsey
theclaw

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:36 pm

Aaron Ramsey to boss the game with a goal and an assist playing in a proper football team.

Piers Morgan to take to Twitter to say why he doesn't play like that for Arsenal... because they have a bunch of moany self-righteous load of "experts" as fans who think possession football means you're morally better than everyone else...

Wish Rambo hadn't gone there, he's so wasted and under-appreciated, would be far better off at any of the other top clubs like Tottenham, Liverpool or Man United.

Oh yeah... 2-0 Wales.
BrightBlueFuture

Postby Dahboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:58 pm

We will get beat 3-0
Dahboy

Postby blue mist » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm

1-1. Not enough. Fook Russia.
blue mist

Postby Cymru Am Byth » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Tom Lawrence out through injury, Harry Wilson in
Bluebirds for life
Cymru Am Byth

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Martin O'Neill orders Ireland players to study videos of Wales talisman Gareth Bale ahead of crunch World Cup qualifier

Monday 20th March 2017

By Chris Wathan

The Ireland boss is doing everything he can to make his side stop Bale at the Aviva Stadium on Friday night

Wales' Euro 2016 heroics has already been committed to film – but Martin O'Neill is plotting a video nasty after ordering his Ireland stars to study DVDs of Gareth Bale ahead of this week's World Cup clash.

Bale was and remains the danger man for any opponent looking to end Wales' run of glory that made such an impression last summer that they released a feature-length documentary of their story.

And, having successfully recovered from an ankle operation he underwent in December, he will be expected to lead the Welsh charge in Dublin as they look to close the gap on the group leaders.

The Republic currently head Group D, two points above Serbia and four points Wales, with Friday's game marking the half-way mark of the qualifying campaign.

And the Boys in Green boss O'Neill had urged his defenders to get the videos out of Bale as a way of stopping the Real Madrid man.

The former Celtic and Aston Villa chief said: “I have some thoughts about trying to keep him quiet.

“Would we end up man marking him? I think great players can escape that as well and you get totally obsessed with something.

“But I think players, if he comes into their area, they should try and react to that. I think players should look at these things on DVDs – if I was marking on him or getting close to him, I’d be looking to see if he turns that way or this direction.

“It's something we will do when we meet up, just to have a look at certain things – just as I'm sure Wales will do with some of out players.

“I think it's something you want to do as a player. If I’m a defender, I want to know who I’m playing against each week and I’d want to know as much as I possibly can and I don’t think you should always be relying on somebody handing you something.”

Chris Coleman on Ben WoodburnChris Coleman on Ben Woodburn
Chris Coleman has already warned that trying to target Bale can be a waste of time having seen the 27-year-old cope with all the demands of rising to the very top of the game.

And he has insisted he is not worried what the plan is to stop him – including any bid to get under his skin after seeing a rare reaction and red card in a recent game for the La Liga giants.

But O'Neill knows all about Bale's threat having voted for him as his first choice for last season's Fifa player of the year, and admitted of attempts to keep him quiet: “I must admit he has turned a couple of players in La Liga just recently, when you thought it was impossible to get out of it and then he’s just in three strides he’s away from them because of his pace. He’s a handful.

“There is no doubt about it, he’s a top quality player, he’s world class and it is difficult but I think there is things you can do to try and defeat what he’s trying to do.”

O'Neill – who admits his men have lost a little of their momentum gained when they won in Austria last November to take them clear at the top of the group – also placed Coleman in his votes for manager of the year on the back of Wales' incredible Euro campaign.

And he has admitted the bid to reach Russia is still wide open, adding: “I think the game has taken on an enormous importance.

“Bale is a world class player and he will cause you problems, but they’ve got a number of quality players playing in their side, Ramsey and Allen, they can play a bit. Wales’ efforts in the Euros are not that long ago. It’s a big game for us, we’ve got to approach it in the manner that we’re at home, we’re going to try and win it.

“I wouldn’t know how to play for a point. If you were to say to me, it’s three minutes to go and we’re hanging on, you’d take it. Depending on the circumstances. But I think we’ve got to go with the same sort of approach as we have done in the four games we’ve played.”

What will be the result of Ireland v Wales?
Attachments
IMG_1126.JPG
IMG_1126.JPG (66.29 KiB) Viewed 8282 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:32 pm

Klopp Surprised at Lack of Contact over Woodburn Wales Call-Up
Jürgen Klopp was surprised that Chris Coleman didn't contact him before selecting Ben Woodburn for the Wales squad.

It's great that Ben Woodburn has been called up to the Wales squad by Chris Coleman, and with Harry Wilson set to join him during the international break, Liverpool will have two youngsters shadowing Gareth Bale for the next week or so. There is always extra pressure on young shoulders when international duty is placed upon them, but fortunately Wales is not the perennial circus that England is.

Chris Coleman has brought much to Wales since succeeding the late Gary Speed and guided his nation to the semi-finals in Euro 2016. His approach over the past four years has been sensible, but calling up a young player for the first time without contacting his club manager might not be. For Jürgen Klopp, it was clearly an unexpected and disappointing way to call up a youngster for the first time.

“Actually, I was surprised about this,” Klopp said about the lack of contact from Coleman. “I don’t know exactly how it’s normal here. This should not be a criticism. But usually when you call up a player, a 17-year-old player, I thought it would be possible to call me. I’m not sure if he knows him well. He didn’t play in the team so far for Coleman I think. Because of the age, it would be better?”

Woodburn is Liverpool’s youngest-ever goalscorer and has been on the fringes of the first-team squad this season. A lack of depth in the squad has led to the 17-year-old being named in the matchday squad a number of times, resulting in seven appearances in his debut season. Although the budding Welsh international lacks experience, Klopp has no doubts about the attacker’s ability to handle international recognition at such a young age.

“If he stopped learning now, that would make no sense at 17,” Klopp explained. “I’m not in doubt about this. We didn’t hide him. We used him all the time. He’s a fixed part of training. He can deal with nomination for Wales 100 per cent.

“It’s a little bit like my situation. As long as you give me the time, as long as we give him the time, everything will be good. He has to learn, he has to develop, he has to improve, all of this. That’s why I said there are now two managers responsible for him. Until now, it was only my job.”

Much has happened this season for a player who turns 18 in October, but the key will be managing expectations with each forward step he makes. The best way for his potential to be developed at both club and international level is for Klopp and Coleman to at least have some dialogue in the years ahead.
TopCat CCFC

Re: ' LATEST NEWS: IRELAND v WALES' UPDATED DAILY

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

' WALES NEW WONDER KID '

Liverpool FC boss Jurgen Klopp says he’s ‘surprised’ Wales did not speak to him before calling up Ben Woodburn

By Chris Wathan

Tuesday 21st March 2017

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits he was 'surprised' Wales counterpart Chris Coleman did not contact him over Ben Woodburn being called up to his international squad.

The 17-year-old striker, who has previously represented Wales at youth level, was promoted to the senior squad by Coleman ahead of Friday night's key World Cup qualifier against the Republic of Ireland, in Dublin.

Woodburn has made three Premier League appearances after being handed his debut by Klopp in November last year, but the German says his call-up to the Wales squad means there are now two managers responsible for the teenager’s development.

“Actually, I was surprised about this. I don’t know exactly how it’s normal here,” Klopp said.

“This should not be a criticism, but usually when you call up a player, a 17-year-old player, I thought it could be possible to call me.

“He has to learn, he has to develop, he has to improve, all of this... there are now two managers responsible for him.”

Coleman said Woodburn was ready to take a step forward in his international career.

Video thumbnail, Klopp on Ben Woodburn's early call-up to Wales squadKlopp on Ben Woodburn's early call-up to Wales squad
“If I thought it was too early for him I wouldn’t have called him up, because this game is massive for us,” Coleman said.

“I am thinking about what is the best squad to get together to meet this next challenge. And Ben has done enough.”
Attachments
Klopp-Woodburn.jpg
Klopp-Woodburn.jpg (76.07 KiB) Viewed 8055 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 am

0-1 Wales Bale 84min free kick
Pulisnewport

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm

James McClean is set to wear the No.5 shirt in Ireland's clash with Wales as a tribute to late friend Ryan McBride.

West Brom midfielder McClean was left "devastated" after former Derry City team-mate McBride suddenly died on Sunday.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:33 am

Republic of Ireland's injury crisis deepened on Tuesday with striker Daryl Murphy ruled out of Friday's World Cup qualifier against Wales in Dublin.

The Newcastle United forward has a calf problem and has returned to his club for further treatment.

It is another blow for Republic boss Martin O'Neill after the withdrawals of Wes Hoolahan, Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark and Harry Arter.

Everton midfielder James McCarthy is being monitored for a hamstring injury.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ' LATEST NEWS: IRELAND v WALES ' UPDATED DAILY

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:08 am

' WELSH FOOTBALL FAN BANNED '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=183196

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:22 pm

' SEAN MORRISON AND HAL ROBSON-KANU '

By Chris Wathan

Wednesday 22nd March 2017

Cardiff City captain Sean Morrison has revealed a brilliant dressing room story that proved you should not mess with Wales star Hal Robson-Kanu.

The pair player together at Swindon in 2009 as the club finished 15th in League One - just four places above the relegation zone.

And current Cardiff skipper Morrison has given the full details of a tense encounter that occurred between Wales ace Robson-Kanu and Kevin Amankwaah during his stint with the club.

"Kevin Amankwaah, who I was with at Swindon, and Hal Robson-Kanu, who was on loan from Reading at the time, were two pretty big guys," the Cardiff captain told Mail Online .

Ashley Williams and Sam Vokes Mother's Day quizAshley Williams and Sam Vokes Mother's Day quiz
"They were trying to see who was the Alpha male, pushing each other with their shoulders and it was getting a little bit serious.

"Then out of nowhere Hal flipped Kevin over his shoulder and through a table. Kev thought he was the big strongman in the team and some young 19-year-old came in and boshed him on to the floor through a table. The whole changing room erupted. It was like we had won the World Cup.

"Imagine 20 full-grown men going mad because some young lad had just thrown the big dog on the floor. Kev took it really well to be fair. He was a good guy, one of the more experienced lads and he thought it was hilarious."

Morrison left Swindon in 2011 via a loan spell with Southend and had spells with Huddersfield and Reading before joining Cardiff in the 2014 summer transfer window.

The centre-back has made more than 100 appearances in all competitions for the Bluebirds and has become a mainstay in defence - earning him the captain's armband on a permanent basis earlier this season under former boss Paul Trollope.

But it hasn't all been a happy rise for the 26-year-old defender who revealed an incident during his loan spell with Southend as his most embarrassing moment as a professional footballer.

"I went on loan to Southend when I was 18," added Morrison.

"It happened really quickly. Danny Wilson, the Swindon manager, wanted me to go and get a few games on a month’s loan for a couple of months.

"Southend were in League One as well so it was a good opportunity. I got a call on the Thursday night to say: ‘Southend have got Yeovil away on Saturday, so they will pick you up at the Swindon services on the M4 on Friday.’

"I got on the bus having not met any of these people before, including the manager. I just sat down. I was only 18 and absolutely bricking myself.

"The boys were lovely, I went to the hotel, did my initiation song that night, played against Yeovil on the Saturday and got sent off after 31 minutes (Southend lost 1-0 in November 2009). I had to sit in the changing room, wait for the boys to come back in and then they dropped me off at the M4 Swindon services on the way home.

"It was one of the worst 24, 36 hours of my life. I was so embarrassed. I remember ringing my mum in the changing room. I literally rang her as soon as I got sent off saying: ‘What have I done? I’ve just been sent off for Southend on my debut and I haven’t even known these guys for 24 hours?’

"Luckily it was only a one-game ban and I managed to stay there for a couple of months, play a few games and redeem myself, but at the time it was horrible."
Attachments
MorrisonHRK.jpg
MorrisonHRK.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 7550 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Chris Gunter has defended his Wales team-mate Aaron Ramsey following criticism from Arsenal fans.

Midfielder Ramsey has been jeered by Gunners supporters and singled out by disgruntled celebrity followers such as Piers Morgan.

But Gunter, who was Ramsey's best man at his wedding, believes his friend will be unaffected by the vitriol.

"He is completely fine and we speak every day so it's not something that bothers him," said Gunter.

"He doesn't need to prove himself to anyone, and the stuff wouldn't bother Aaron because you find out very quickly in football who to listen to.

"The only people you need to impress are your team-mates and your manager and everything else going around it, you take and it changes every week.

Republic of Ireland v Wales

"Piers Morgan is not in football, is he?

"Anybody like that you have to separate, especially in this day and age with social media everybody wants followers, views, likes and this type of stuff and how much is somebody like that just doing it for the attention?

"For Aaron it doesn't bother me because we all get stick at certain times. I have had it and he has certainly had it over the years."
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluemun » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Totally baffled why Cotterill isn't in the squad....he has been playing very well for Brizzle City recently.
He isn't injured either.
bluemun

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

' Here We Go Wales '
Attachments
C7nCVYOW0AAowyw.jpg
C7nCVYOW0AAowyw.jpg (191.6 KiB) Viewed 7078 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 pm

' Here We Go Wales '
Attachments
C7nCVX-WsAEthzK.jpg
C7nCVX-WsAEthzK.jpg (139.14 KiB) Viewed 7078 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:16 pm

' Here We Go Wales '
Attachments
C7nCVYaW0AA07Lu.jpg
C7nCVYaW0AA07Lu.jpg (141.17 KiB) Viewed 7078 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm

"If this is an average team I must be a hell of a manager!"

By Chris Wathan

Thursday 23rd March 2017

Chris Coleman has insisted the time for talking is over as he backed his side to state their World Cup claim in the din of Dublin.

Wales head to the home of group leaders and qualifying rivals Ireland in a bid to show they are still firmly on the road to Russia and next summer's finals.

A 50,000 crowd will welcome the Euro 2016 semi-finalists who have face their first flak in some time having dropped points at home and lost ground on Martin O'Neill's men heading into the celtic clash.

And they arrived in Ireland as former Leeds and Republic legend Johnny Giles branded the side average and insisted Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey were not great players .

But a determined Coleman was not in the mood for messing and vowed his players will be ready to end all the talk when it comes to what matters, saying: “If this is an average team I must be a hell of a manager – I'm happy with him saying that because it makes me look good!

“Look, this said, that said – it happened last time we had a derby – but me and Martin both know full well that when that whistle blows and we lock horns, it doesn't matter what is said, who is a good player, who is not a good player.

“No matter what anyone says, the game is what matters and, like in every game we play representing out country, we are ready to perform. This is no different.

“If people want to write us off, that's up to them – I have a huge amount of trust in these players. Why wouldn’t I? We’ve lost one campaign games in 16. Their attitude is the best I’ve ever seen. They will go on and they are together. If people want to pressure on this game, that’s up to them, but no chance will I do. I trust them, because look what they’ve done. I don’t worry about it.”

Ireland have been hit by a series of injuries going into the game but Coleman is able to name the same side that beat Belgium in that incredible Euro 2016 quarter-final for the first time since that night in Lille.

And skipper Ashley Williams added: “We're capable of it. We've shown that before, we're focussed, we'll stick to what we do, stick together and we'll be alright.”
Attachments
GettyImages-541822226.jpg
GettyImages-541822226.jpg (37.23 KiB) Viewed 7053 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Gareth Bale
Attachments
C7mZ9jhW0AEWJSF.jpg
C7mZ9jhW0AEWJSF.jpg (74.94 KiB) Viewed 7043 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Wales boss Chris Coleman is in confident mood ahead of their World Cup Qualifier against Republic of Ireland on Friday night, live on Sky Sports.

Third-placed Wales have ground to make up in the World Cup Qualifiers, with their opponents Group D leaders and four points ahead of them before their Aviva Stadium clash.

But Coleman could name the side which shocked Belgium 3-1 in the quarter-finals of Euro 2016 for the first time since that memorable night in Lille.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 am

Chris Coleman:
“We are four points behind the Republic but there are 18 points to play for and we have got to play them twice. We’ve still got to play Serbia – I know it’s away – but they have still got to meet us. So there is a lot to play for. A lot lot lot to play for.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ' TEAM NEWS: IRELAND v WALES ' UPDATED DAILY

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:57 am

' TEAM NEWS '

Wales will be at full strength with Gareth Bale having returned from injury and suspension with club side Real Madrid.

Tom Lawrence was withdrawn from the squad and replaced by Liverpool youngster Harry Wilson.

Another Anfield product, Ben Woodburn, could win his first cap if he is called upon at any stage.

But expect Coleman to stick the line-up that helped Wales qualify for, and reach the semi-finals of, Euro 2016.

Shane Duffy, Ciaran Clark, Harry Arter, Wes Hoolahan and Daryl Murphy are all out, while Robbie Brady is suspended.

However, Seamus Coleman and James McCarthy look set to start after the Everton duo overcame knocks.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:01 am

Probable teams:

Republic of Ireland: Darron Randolph; Seamus Coleman, Richard Keogh, John o'Shea, Stephen Ward; James McClean, David Meyler, James McCarthy, Aiden McGeady; Walters; Long.

Wales: Wayne Hennessey; James Chester, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies; Chris Gunter, Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, Neil Taylor; Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey; Hal Robson-Kanu.

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat