Wales No1 Club......

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Wales No1 Club......

Postby SgorioFruitt » Sun May 14, 2017 5:09 pm

well well well
jacks fighting til the end to stay up.
we have had a horrible season, but managed to stay up, huge thanks to Sunderland doing us a massive favour last weekend.

hurry up Caerdydd and get promoted.
its getting boring being the only welsh club in these lofty heights
SgorioFruitt

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun May 14, 2017 5:40 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:Sadabing obessed much.

Patriot on a Swansea thread like a magnet again. there is some irony there if you look hard enough :D

I'm a Cardiff fan posting on a Cardiff forum. It really is that simple. I'm not the one obsessed with my rivals enough to set up an account and post on their forum every day of the week, Christ that would be just weird don't you think.
WelshPatriot

Postby SnackaJack » Sun May 14, 2017 5:58 pm

No weirder than posting on a Cardiff forum and falling over yourself to talk about another's club at every waking opportunity :D

When a Swans thread is on here I can almost guarantee 2 or 3 certain posters will be all over it. No prizes for guessing ;)
SnackaJack

Postby valleyrambill » Mon May 15, 2017 10:55 am

what is really sad is Swansea still have more of an interest in Cardiff City. maybe if they showed more of an interest in their own club they wouldn't struggle so much in the premiership.

The problem is with the jacks they still hate the fact that the capital of Wales is Cardiff and always will be
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 am

valleyrambill wrote:what is really sad is Swansea still have more of an interest in Cardiff City. maybe if they showed more of an interest in their own club they wouldn't struggle so much in the premiership.

The problem is with the jacks they still hate the fact that the capital of Wales is Cardiff and always will be

We have an average finish of 11th, I think our stay in the PL has been far from a struggle, in fact it has been an unmitigated success. Yes we are gutted we don't play in a capital city, Man United and Liverpool are also jealous of Barnet for this reason... so I hear :D
SnackaJack

Postby Reza » Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 am

you jacks are a weird old bunch imagine coming onto a cardiff msg board to talk about swansea, whats wrong is there no fuker on the swansea board that knows anything about swansea theyve only been supporting them four yrs after all.
Always be blue
Reza

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon May 15, 2017 1:13 pm

SnackaJack wrote:No weirder than posting on a Cardiff forum and falling over yourself to talk about another's club at every waking opportunity :D

When a Swans thread is on here I can almost guarantee 2 or 3 certain posters will be all over it. No prizes for guessing ;)

The difference is as said but evading you I'm a Cardiff fan posting on a Cardiff city forum. I posted on any matter if subjects be it politics,crime, football and yes Swansea but here's the special bit on a Cardiff forum responding to obsessed Jack's. There are some fanatical Jack's who are so obsessed it's almost like it's their life's work and have set up numerous accounts. Tad weird don't you agree.
WelshPatriot

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 1:17 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:No weirder than posting on a Cardiff forum and falling over yourself to talk about another's club at every waking opportunity :D

The difference is as said but evading you I'm a Cardiff fan posting on a Cardiff city forum. I posted on any matter if subjects be it politics,crime, football and yes Swansea but here's the special bit on a Cardiff forum responding to obsessed Jack's. There are some fanatical Jack's who are so obsessed it's almost like it's their life's work and have set up numerous accounts. Tad weird don't you agree.

There is no difference as far as I see it. Talking about Swansea on a Cardiff forum is simply right of reply. Talking about Swansea on a Cardiff forum when a Cardiff fan is extremely odd, especially when it is at every given opportunity. The suppressing of a right to reply is also a weird thing to wish to do, the way to get around that to excercise that commonly known courtesy is merely a tap on the back to freedom of speech. Carry on talking about Swansea, it was an observation, not a criticism. :thumbup:
SnackaJack

Postby King Brian Clark » Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Cardiff will always be WALES CAPITOL CLUB. Won't be to long before Swans will be in league 1. Sooner the better. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :laughing6:
King Brian Clark

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 3:21 pm

valleyrambill wrote:what is really sad is Swansea still have more of an interest in Cardiff City. maybe if they showed more of an interest in their own club they wouldn't struggle so much in the premiership.

Exactly if they were the No1 Club we would be insignificant to them but were not always obsessed to get one over us because we are really the No1 and the tables will turn eventually.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Exactly if they were the No1 Club we would be insignificant to them but were not always obsessed to get one over us because we are really the No1 and the tables will turn eventually.

Wow, that is up there with one of the most fantastically bizarre posts I have read on this forum, and you have had some stern competition lately :clap:
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 3:38 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Wow, that is up there with one of the most fantastically bizarre posts I have read on this forum, and you have had some stern competition lately :clap:

Its the law of averages in football you won't be in front of us forever just like Arsenal were never always going to finish above Spurs. ;)
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Its the law of averages in football you won't be in front of us forever just like Arsenal were never always going to finish above Spurs. ;)

And when that changes and you go on to achieve what we have, we will revisit your case.
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

And when that changes and you go on to achieve what we have, we will revisit your case.

I'm confident might take few years but I'm confident. :ayatollah:
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 3:53 pm

As you should be. One thing being confident though and another thing doing it. I oersonally dont think Cardiff will emulate our last decade in our lifetime.
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 3:56 pm

SnackaJack wrote:As you should be. One thing being confident though and another thing doing it. I oersonally dont think Cardiff will emulate our last decade in our lifetime.

The only thing I can say is who knows? :thumbright:
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:As you should be. One thing being confident though and another thing doing it. I oersonally dont think Cardiff will emulate our last decade in our lifetime.

Exactly, nobody. Thats why we have to wait until you have achieved it before we consider your case.
Last edited by SnackaJack on Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 4:04 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Exactly, nobody. Thats why we have to wait until you have adhieved it before we consider your case.

You would have to be deluded to think that will be in front us forever though.
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Exactly, nobody. Thats why we have to wait until you have adhieved it before we consider your case.

But its a bit of a pointless view as by that very standard - if you ever do get in front - then the same applies to you.

I dont think you will achieve what we have in either of our lifetimes. Maybe your grandchildren may be able to claim what you did above, or your childrens gradchildren - but by that time most of us will be long gone and it wont matter :D
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 4:12 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

But its a bit of a pointless view as by that very standard - if you ever do get in front - then the same applies to you.

I dont think you will achieve what we have in either of our lifetimes. Maybe your grandchildren may be able to claim what you did above, or your childrens gradchildren - but by that time most of us will be long gone and it wont matter :D

Iv'e got plenty of time yet :laughing6: I can see us being promoted within a couple of years and you lot will finally succumb to relegation I'm going to my put neck on the line here and say bookmark this. :thumbup:
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Iv'e got plenty of time yet :laughing6: I can see us being promoted within a couple of years and you lot will finally succumb to relegation I'm going to my put neck on the line here and say bookmark this. :thumbup:

I don't think you will be promoted any time soon, and even then staying up will take something special. I would be shocked if you go up in the next decade. The diffence between the Prem and football league is getting almost nauseating and those that go down will have such a massive advantage as parachute payments will be going up and up. I think now the dead wood have left the PL, every season you will now be seeing 3 good teams going down.

As for succumbing to relegation, its hardly bean a siren on the rocks has it, we have spent the vast majority of our time in comfortable mid table.
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 4:24 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

I don't think you will be promoted any time soon, and even then staying up will take something special. I would be shocked if you go up in the next decade. The diffence between the Prem and football league is getting almost nauseating and those that go down will have such a massive advantage as parachute payments will be going up and up. I think now the dead wood have left the PL, every season you will now be seeing 3 good teams going down.

As for succumbing to relegation, its hardly bean a siren on the rocks has it, we have spent the vast majority of our time in comfortable mid table.

Bookmarked!
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 pm

If I had time to pull up every thread "bookmarked" because of posters on here claiming we were nailed on relegation no hopers I wouldnt have enough time in the day to post them. Im sure this will tack on to a very, very, very long list :D
SnackaJack

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm

SnackaJack wrote:If I had time to pull up every thread "bookmarked" because of posters on here claiming we were nailed on relegation no hopers I wouldnt have enough time in the day to post them. Im sure this will tack on to a very, very, very long list :D

As far as I'm concerned you just about staying up papers over the cracks that you have got problems and if you don't rectify that policy of buying cheap and hopefully sell on for a profit and not getting good replacements in because that's the risk you just about got away with this season I can't see you staying up if you carry on like that you need to spend big not cheap and freebies.
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:If I had time to pull up every thread "bookmarked" because of posters on here claiming we were nailed on relegation no hopers I wouldnt have enough time in the day to post them. Im sure this will tack on to a very, very, very long list :D

As far as I'm concerned you just about staying up papers over the cracks that you have got problems and if you don't rectify that policy of buying cheap and hopefully sell on for a profit and not getting good replacements in because that's the risk you just about got away with this season I can't see you staying up if you carry on like that you need to spend big not cheap and freebies.

Define cheap. Our record signing when we went up was £3.5m and we stayed up comfortably, the year after it was £5.55m and again stayed up comfortably. Now our bog standard fee seems to be around £5m which was our record signing not so long ago. Thats not cheap.

With players that have a transfer value of £15m+ comes their top wages. I hope to continue how we are doing things, it has worked wonders for the last decade and is a sensible model to continue with. We have probably been in the least relegation troubke of anyone in the bottom 10 in the last 6 years.
SnackaJack

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon May 15, 2017 4:48 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Sadly I fear you are right. I do not see us going up for quite a long time. The club is saddled with massive debts, and I doubt if we have the resources to do much more than try and maintain our Championship status. Will be interesting to see our next set of published accounts, because from what I've heard the debt reduction has been minimal since the last set of audited accounts. Because of past errors in the running of this club, it looks likely that it will take a very long time to get us operating on an even keel, and I guess that will be Tan's main objective right now, unless there is some multi billionaire out there who is prepared to take a huge gamble.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 15, 2017 4:53 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Define cheap. Our record signing when we went up was £3.5m and we stayed up comfortably, the year after it was £5.55m and again stayed up comfortably. Now our bog standard fee seems to be around £5m which was our record signing not so long ago. Thats not cheap.

With players that have a transfer value of £15m+ comes their top wages. I hope to continue how we are doing things, it has worked wonders for the last decade and is a sensible model to continue with. We have probably been in the least relegation troubke of anyone in the bottom 10 in the last 6 years.

Well the inflation of prices these days 5 mill is almost peanuts to even to spend in the champ.
Rydogsccfc

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

Sadly I fear you are right. I do not see us going up for quite a long time. The club is saddled with massive debts, and I doubt if we have the resources to do much more than try and maintain our Championship status. Will be interesting to see our next set of published accounts, because from what I've heard the debt reduction has been minimal since the last set of audited accounts. Because of past errors in the running of this club, it looks likely that it will take a very long time to get us operating on an even keel, and I guess that will be Tan's main objective right now, unless there is some multi billionaire out there who is prepared to take a huge gamble.

If I was the man in control of your club Steve, I would not have stuck with Warnock. He is too short term. As you say resources are not great not the parachute money has gone yet Warnock is getting £6m to spend. These players he buys may not be what the next manager wants and thats £6m wasted. I think you need a young, hungry manager with a ling term vision and goal, a style of play that is consistant and allow him to work towards it. Its getting tougher and tougher getting out of the Championship with every year that goes by, the sooner the club has a steuctured long term plan the sooner it can build towards maintaining a challenge. Currently everything to do with the club seems so short term. Warnock is probably a shining light of this thinking (although no denying he is an effective manager).
SnackaJack

Postby SnackaJack » Mon May 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Well the inflation of prices these days 5 mill is almost peanuts to even to spend in the champ.

We spent £15m on Borja and he can barely make the bench. We spent £5m on Mawson and he is one of the brightest defensive sparks in the PL this season. Its not what you spend, its how you spend.

£5m is a decent chunk of transfer fee, certainly not peanuts.
Last edited by SnackaJack on Mon May 15, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SnackaJack

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:

The gap between the haves and the have not's is growing all the time. Not so long back it was possible to get out of the Championship without spending a fortune. Getting harder all the time, and those clubs coming down should have a big advantage providing they have been run sensibly. I doubt if we will see many clubs seriously challenging for promotion in the future with a squad built up with free transfers and the odd couple of million pound players. Not an even playing field.
Steve Zodiak

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat