' Less Demand for Real Madrid tickets in Cardiff '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 am

Real Madrid demand for Champions League final tickets drops - report

Thursday 18th May 2017

Real Madrid can afford no slip-ups in their bid for La Liga, which the FC panel don't think will happen vs. Celta Vigo.

Real Madrid have received fewer requests from club members looking for Champions League final tickets in Cardiff this year than for either the 2014 final in Milan or the 2016 decider in Lisbon, according to AS.

Madrid and Juventus are both receiving 17,518 tickets from UEFA for the game at the National Stadium of Wales on June 3, with the Spanish club distributing 3,925 directly and holding a lottery to decide which socios -- club members -- get the remaining 13,593 seats.

A Madrid statement on Tuesday evening confirmed that 44,755 tickets had been requested for the game by club members, each of whom can ask for up to six.

"Real Madrid today closed the window for requesting tickets for the Champions League final, being played on June 3 against Juventus in Wales' National Stadium," the statement read. "44,755 tickets were sought, across 13,202 requests.

"On Thursday, from 12:45 CEST [live on Realmadrid TV] the lottery will take place. The result will be announced via Realmadrid.com and the club's socios office. Real Madrid will also contact the lucky socios to tell them when they can collect their tickets."

AS says the number of tickets requested is down from the 56,047 requested for last year's final against Atletico Madrid in Milan and the 73,314 supporters who hoped to travel to Lisbon for the 2014 decider, also against neighbours Atletico.

Madrid's statement also came with a warning from the club, who have opened disciplinary proceedings against socios who resold tickets at a profit for the recent Clasico against Barcelona, saying that members could be expelled for any "wrongful use" of tickets for the Champions League final.

"Any wrongful use of the ticket, or resale of the same, would open up the socio to disciplinary proceedings and could lead to their expulsion as a socio," the statement read.

One reason for the reduced number of Madrid fans wishing to travel to Cardiff this year may be the price of accommodation in the Welsh capital and nearby.

Reports in the UK say that some hotel rooms in Swansea, 42 miles away, have been hiked to £4,650 per night, although UEFA has reportedly done deals with some providers to supply more affordable accommodation.

Dermot Corrigan is a Madrid-based football writer who covers La Liga and the Spain national team for ESPN FC. Follow him on Twitter @dermotmcorrigan
Attachments
C_-FbcHU0AAM8hk.jpg
C_-FbcHU0AAM8hk.jpg (84.45 KiB) Viewed 3644 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Less Demand for Real Madrid tickets in Cardiff '

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu May 18, 2017 7:31 am

Annis just out of curiosity do you know what sort of prices tickets for the final are ?
Pembroke bluebird

Postby aber blue » Thu May 18, 2017 12:49 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Annis just out of curiosity do you know what sort of prices tickets for the final are ?

I've paid £390 for a cat 1 ticket. They are now
selling on line for £1660
Wouldn't sell it though. Once in a lifetime
to see champs league final in Cardiff
aber blue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Annis just out of curiosity do you know what sort of prices tickets for the final are ?

As the match never really interestef me, I never looked.

Spanish Segunda 2B

Just bought my play-off ticket to watch Atletico Baleares v Toledo for this Sunday,then off to Madrid to watch the 2nd leg 6 days later, then if they get through for more matches, I prefer lower division football more passion and feeling between club and fans :thumbright:

5 Euros for season ticket holders, 15 Euros for non season ticket holders :thumbright:

Sold 1,400 first day, prob is crowd can only be about 4,000 max and thats not official :lol: :thumbright:
Attachments
IMG_1469.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 2621 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 pm

£4650 to stay in a rat infested shithole ? :o :shock: :laughing6: :laughing6: That means hotels in Cardiff etc can ask for £16999 per night. But any Madrid fans want to rent a room off Nukes they can have it for a bargain price of £2999 pp per night :D
Nuclearblue

Postby griff105 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 am

aber blue wrote:

£1270 profit!
:occasion5:
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby aber blue » Fri May 19, 2017 12:06 pm

griff105 wrote:
aber blue wrote:

£1270 profit!

I know Griff but I couldn't
sell it, one off innit
aber blue

Postby griff105 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:03 pm

aber blue wrote:
griff105 wrote:
aber blue wrote:

£1270 profit!

I know Griff but I couldn't
sell it, one off innit

Yep priceless mate.
Jammy b4stard!!! :lol:
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105