Cardiff City Winger leaving after talks with Warnock

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Craig Noone to leave Cardiff City after Neil Warnock tells him it's time to go during heart to heart talks

By Chris Wathan

Thursday 18th May 2017

Craig Noone is set for a Cardiff City exit following end of season talks with manager Neil Warnock.

The winger has been told to find a new club after almost five years with the Bluebirds.

Warnock had made it clear he was ready to take stock of his squad ahead of rebuilding plans this summer and would be prepared to move on senior men in order to make room for fresh faces.

It looks like the end for Noone at Cardiff after almost five years

And the Cardiff chief has confirmed Noone is among those informed he won’t be figuring as part of the frontline plans for the side next term as Warnock plots a push for promotion.

Noone, 29, has one year left to run on the contract extension he signed in 2014 having joined in a £1m move from Brighton two years earlier.

The staggering distances Cardiff City fans will have to travel next season as northern teams take over the Championship

The Liverpudlian wideman is one of the four senior surviving members of the Cardiff team that won promotion to the Premier League under Malky Mackay and had made 170 appearances for the South Wales club.

But he has failed to recapture the form that made him one of the club’s better performers during their short-lived stay in the Premier League and subsequently struggled to hold down a place in the starting XI following Warnock’s arrival.

Neil Warnock was getting the best out of Craig Noone but he has drifted again

It means Cardiff would look to move on the popular flier as Warnock seeks other additions, with the Bluebirds boss admitting: “I spoke to Craig and we’ve had a heart to heart about things, and I think it’s best for all that he finds himself a new challenge.”

Noone had appeared stale at times this year to prompt question marks over his future at Cardiff City Stadium.

He did enjoy a purple patch of form in February which saw him grab eye-catching goals in the wins over Derby and Rotherham, leading Warnock to reveal he had said to the fan favourite ‘Welcome Back’ as he hoped for a fit and firing Noone to underline his worth.

But he failed to maintain his levels and frustrated towards the end of the season, leading to speculation he would be among casualties this summer.

Warnock will now be keen to press ahead with transfer plans as he seeks the handful of additions he feels are necessary to build upon the foundations of his successful first campaign having replaced Paul Trollope as boss in October.

But he will wait for a meeting with owner Vincent Tan later this month before giving the green-light on deals with the futures of out-of-contract pair Peter Whittingham and Bruno Manga still up in the air.

Whittingham has been offered a new deal by the club but has yet to make a decision on whether to take the fresh terms, likely to be on a reduced wage. The 32-year-old has attracted interest from Championship rivals but has previously outlined a desire to stay in South Wales.
Attachments
JS104221282.jpg
JS104221282.jpg (47.78 KiB) Viewed 7273 times
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City Winger leaving after talks with Warnock

Postby Wolfpac » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 pm

2 seasons overdue and fair play to Neil for getting this move away in motion.

Noone has been pisspoor for 2 seasons and at times felt like he was taking us for mugs.

Thanks for the brief contributions which were few n far between.
Wolfpac

Postby grange_end1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Major problem with Noone is he picked up a new contract during or just after the Premier League run. Thus inflating his wages. We have seen managers then wanting to use him for his ability, but also wanting to get rid of him to clear up space on the wage bill.

The managers are torn between isolating him to force him to move, or to play him to put him in the shop window.

I still think the problem will be that there are no clubs willing to take on the wage, rather than take on the player.
grange_end1927

Postby Polo. » Thu May 18, 2017 2:05 pm

There will be some interest only from clubs with a poor scouting network who have not watched him play for the last 3 years.
Polo.

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Thu May 18, 2017 2:39 pm

Shame he couldn't find the form we all know he's capable of. Great character, seemed to be a really liked guy in the dressing room but 100% agree with Warnock his time is up with us and he needs a fresh start. Good luck nooney. :ayatollah:
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Polo. wrote:There will be some interest only from clubs with a poor scouting network who have not watched him play for the last 3 years.

Correct - The man is stealing a living.
Bye. :wave:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu May 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Never easy to see someone who has the skill and pace to get scoring goals, go, but let's face it the best of Noone we saw was potentially in the Premier League, and I really like Noone to stay, I wonder who will go for him, I'll be shocked if someone like Sunderland would go after him, maybe Aston Villa Norwich or even Middlesbrough

All the best Noone for the future :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby wez1927 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Never easy to see someone who has the skill and pace to get scoring goals, go, but let's face it the best of Noone we saw was potentially in the Premier League, and I really like Noone to stay, I wonder who will go for him, I'll be shocked if someone like Sunderland would go after him, maybe Aston Villa Norwich or even Middlesbrough

All the best Noone for the future :ayatollah:

Noone has proved hes not good enough week in week out he will end up in league one or lower championship team ie burton
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu May 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Its the right decision for everyone Noone needs a new challenge somewhere else he has gone stale here but will never forget the magic he showed in our promotion and Premier league seasons. :thumbright: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu May 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Seems a nice guy but doesn't score enough goals and his end product is sometimes shocking so best if he moves on

Missing those two sitters in the Newcastle game was the final nail in the coffin for him

Unfortunately we are probably going to have to subsidise his wages for the rest of his contract as he won't get a deal like he is on with us from anyone else.
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby dogfound » Thu May 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Wolfpac wrote:2 seasons overdue and fair play to Neil for getting this move away in motion.

Noone has been pisspoor for 2 seasons and at times felt like he was taking us for mugs.

telling him to move on is one thing. finding someone to match his contract here is another.
i think its going to be the case with a number of players
dogfound

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu May 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Wolfpac wrote:2 seasons overdue and fair play to Neil for getting this move away in motion.

Spot on mate long overdue but thanks noony.
BobbyBlue

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu May 18, 2017 9:54 pm

A character ands I will miss him but like people said he's been inconsistent since being relegated.. things could have been different if MM started him more in the Prem.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 am

Ive always liked Noone and thought he was going to be one of the key players under Warnock and he would shine. It hasn't happened though. I think its in the best interests of both us and him that he moves on now. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he does brilliantly elsewhere.
2blue2handle

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 pm

For me he would be a different player if he was on the left, I don't know how he hasn't been played there since MM.. he won the penalty v Bristol on that side and he caused havoc that game.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat