Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

John Terry to join Swansea City

Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Manager of the Swans Paul Clement has come out of the media and said that he is still keen to talk to John Terry for a possible move to the Liberty Stadium, for a bid to beat Relegation next season and to replace Ashley Williams spot.

My Thoughts:
I don't really care too much about this but there are better clubs Terry could go to and so yeah, if not Swansea then good luck in another team John Terry, maybe Cardiff?
:bluebird:

Re: John Terry to join Swansea City

Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Bit of a misleading title. I cant see any way that this would materialise. I cant see us paying the wages he would demand for what is a 37 year old come this Xmas.

Bournemouth or China would be my guess.

Thu May 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Cant see John Terry wanting to move to a third world shanty town like swansea.

Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm

I hope not that would be a tremendous signing for the scum.

Thu May 18, 2017 6:16 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:I hope not that would be a tremendous signing for the scum.

Gareth, way to good for them.

Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 pm

I thought Terry had said he wouldn't play for another club in the English system, can only see him going abroad tbh

Fri May 19, 2017 9:18 pm

Can't see it happening. That said, his mum would fit right in there.

Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm

I would love this to happen, Terry is past it and a total liability now and he won't get as much protection without Kante and Matic in front of him. Terry would be taken apart playing for Swansea.

Fri May 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Really can't see it, Swansea is a place/club that just doesn't seem attractive to john terry types. He'd prob go abroad for a year or 2, China prob in 250k a week.

Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I would love this to happen, Terry is past it and a total liability now and he won't get as much protection without Kante and Matic in front of him. Terry would be taken apart playing for Swansea.

Agree, really hope this comes off because whilst he is a leader simply doesn't have the legs for the Prem.

If this is the type of signing the Jacks are planning then it's going to be a long hard season !!