' FA to introduce New Ban for Next Season '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 pm

FA are putting a stamp on who ever dares to cheat there way to get a Penalty or a Free Kick and so they plan to introduce a 2 match ban for simulation diving, which me as well as any other football fan really want to get rid of the diving during football matches because it only takes 1 dive to change the match (if the team scored)
:bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' FA to introduce New Ban for Next Season '

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 pm

FA to introduce retrospective bans for diving from next season

Thursday 18th May 2017

The Football Association has voted in favour of introducing retrospective bans for players who dive or feign injury from next season. The new offence of “successful deception of a match official” is based on a law already used in Scotland and was approved at the FA’s annual general meeting at Wembley on Thursday.

Incidents will be reviewed by a panel comprising a former manager, an ex-player and former referee, who will watch the footage independently. If they are unanimous in believing a player deceived a match official, the sanction will be a two-match ban.
This process is similar to the one already used for red-card offences which were missed at the time but caught on camera, and the cases will be fast-tracked.

In a statement, the FA said: “Although attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have been fouled is a cautionable offence for unsporting behaviour, the fact that the act of simulation has succeeded in deceiving a match official and, therefore, led to a penalty and/or dismissal, justifies a more severe penalty which would act as a deterrent.”

If a player admits to a charge of successfully deceiving an official, or is found to have done so, any yellow or red card given to an opposing player, as a result of the deceit, can be rescinded.

The new rule will apply across English football and has been supported by the English Football League, the League Managers’ Association, the Premier League and the Professional Footballers’ Association.
Attachments
3500.jpg
3500.jpg (66.58 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Thu May 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Can't come quick enough for me. Players earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week cheating makes me sick. So called men about 11 stone in weight throwing themselves to the ground at the slightest touch. I'd be be sent off every game if I was still playing and if someone had gone down like mane did against borough I would have given him a Good slap before he got up
CF23 Bluebird

Postby nubbsy » Thu May 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Well done about time they took simulation more seriously...
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Thu May 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Only problem is it won't alter result which means team could be relegated or promoted by a player diving! But that's football!
pembroke allan

Postby GrangeEndStar » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 am

Good. That's Jack Grealish's career over then.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby mucker » Fri May 19, 2017 11:34 am

Is it a straight red then two match ban it just miss following two games?If player stays on the pitch it will only benefit the next two teams they play.Rather see ten minute sin bin like rugby and ice hockey (Two minutes)That would benefit the present opposition.
mucker

Postby pembroke allan » Fri May 19, 2017 12:15 pm

mucker wrote:Is it a straight red then two match ban it just miss following two games?If player stays on the pitch it will only benefit the next two teams they play.Rather see ten minute sin bin like rugby and ice hockey (Two minutes)That would benefit the present opposition.

If ref saw a dive he will just give a yellow as does now! The Panel wIll just look at suspect Action resulting in a penalty decision or player being sent off by player diving. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Seanccfc » Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm

The problem is that Refs actions continually encourage a player to go down easily. If there's contact and a player goes down then it's a penalty, if a player attempts to stay on his feet for the same contact then it's never given.

I think the refs are largely to blame.
Seanccfc

Postby Steve the Tea TM (c) » Fri May 19, 2017 8:51 pm

There are only three things wrong with this: it should be a 10 game ban for the player and a 10 pts deduction for the team. Furthermore, whilst the player is suspended all his wages should go to a nominated charity. Too little, too late football.

StT.
<><
Steve the Tea TM (c)

Return to General Chat