WILL CARDIFF CITY STRIKER BE RETURNING AFTER LAST NIGHT

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Last night was Idriss Saadi's last match for Kortrijk where He's on loan from Cardiff City.

Scored another goal last night :ayatollah:

Finished this season in Belgium top flight football, 27 appearances / 15 goals

Cant wait to see him next season for Cardiff City, I say give him a chance :thumbright:
Attachments
DADeybIWsAgyzKR.jpg
DADeybIWsAgyzKR.jpg (48.32 KiB) Viewed 7415 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WILL CARDIFF CITY STRIKER BE RETURNING AFTER LAST NIGHT

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu May 18, 2017 4:37 pm

It will be disappointing if he doesn't 15 goals in 27 is a good return. :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby bluebird58 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Unfortunately the Belgian top flight is like Scotland - 2or 3 teams who are decent and the rest barely League 1 standard. I'd like to give him a chance though.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 18, 2017 5:50 pm

Can't see what we have to lose. At least this is not another of those stacks of made up names that we will be associated with over the next few months. As he is already a City player, not much to lose in giving him a chance, although I assume Warnock and his staff know a lot more about him than I do.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Rydogsccfc » Thu May 18, 2017 5:59 pm

On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu May 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Of course Rydogs you were slightly out with your predictions on the impact he would have here. I guess there is still time for you to be right about him, but so far Warnock has not really said much about him. Maybe we will find out next season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby llan bluebird » Thu May 18, 2017 6:36 pm

He is in his last year of his contract, would you extend should be the question and does he want to return ?

He looks like everything we need, and his knee and thigh have held up a professional season, but something is not right here
llan bluebird

Postby blue lagoon » Thu May 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Judging by the Rudy and Zohura comments on here over the last few seasons its best not to take much notice on the crap posted on here.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby BlueMagic » Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Based on his sharpness in his cameo last season and his goals and goalscoring record this season in belgium and in france i think he could be deadly in the championship too, him and zohore upfront could possibly blow this division away
BlueMagic

Postby TrueBlue99 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 am

He should be given a chance 100%, as others have said we have nothing to lose and he hasn't done anything wrong, just been unlucky with injuries, so I think it would be unfair if we now didn't give him a chance, we brought Healey back and gave him his chance.

I'm sure Idriss has worked hard just like Rhys to prove himself and I think Warnock would be wrong not to let Saadi prove himself.

We need strikers and we have one in this player, wont cost anything other than his wages, which Tan was already paying seeing he was at Kortrijk, so why not try him out? Less of a gamble than buying someone else even if Warnock knows them well, if Idriss doesn't fit the bill after Warnock has given him a chance then he can sell him and find someone else.
TrueBlue99

Postby Dahboy » Fri May 19, 2017 5:48 am

I truly believe himself and Zohore can fire us to the prem. :ayatollah:
Dahboy

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 19, 2017 5:55 am

Cardiff City's Idriss Saadi continues to shine during loan spell in Belgium

19/05/17

By Chris Wathan

Cardiff City's Idriss Saadi has extended his magnificent tally of goals to 15 for the campaign during his season-long loan spell with Belgian outfit KV Kortrijk.

The forward made the move to south Wales from French side Clermont in the 2015 summer transfer window but played just twice for the Bluebirds, featuring in the 2-0 win over Reading in November 2015 before being withdrawn through injury.

His second and most recent appearance for the club came in the 2-1 defeat to Fulham at Craven Cottage in April 2016.

But after struggling to nail down a regular place in Cardiff's first team, Saadi was sent out on loan to Belgian club KV Kortrijk for the 2016-17 campaign.

And it's safe to say the Frenchman has been a huge hit in Belgium.

The 25-year-old embarked on an incredible run of eight goals in seven matches in the first half of the season and took his overall tally for the campaign so far to 15 last night as he netted his side's third goal in a 4-4 draw with Lokeren.

Cardiff City's Idriss Saadi
The striker has one year remaining on his current contract - which expires in the summer of 2018 - with the Bluebirds.

And given the disappointing form of both Rickie Lambert and Frederic Gounongbe this season, Saadi could well be the man Neil Warnock looks to as he aims to bolster his attacking options ahead of the 2017-18 campaign.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri May 19, 2017 6:20 am

I'd bring him back and would love to see him given a chance.

Besides, Rydogs been banging on about him for years and when is he ever wrong!
;)
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby caerblue » Fri May 19, 2017 6:41 am

Warnock has already said he can't afford to gamble on players,so he won't be coming back
caerblue

Postby King Brian Clark » Fri May 19, 2017 8:30 am

Lower level yes but so was Vardy at Fleetwood and many others. As he is already on our books wouldn't it be worth a shot even as a squad player? :bluescarf:
King Brian Clark

Postby nubbsy » Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm

I'd like to see him given a chance but when you consider the amount of goals Fred scored you do start to wonder!
nubbsy

Postby petesmeat » Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 pm

He's got 15 in 27. Fred got 13 in 28, that's pretty similar. Let's not get too carried away.
petesmeat

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 19, 2017 12:55 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Unfortunately the Belgian top flight is like Scotland - 2or 3 teams who are decent and the rest barely League 1 standard. I'd like to give him a chance though.

You may be right but if someone 15 in 27 in league one I don't think many would mind if we took a gamble on him.

I don't agree with others either that we have nothing to lose, if he does says it most likely means we don't have the wage to bring in another player, we could potentially even get a small fee for him from a Belgium club that can be used.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Fri May 19, 2017 1:01 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Unfortunately the Belgian top flight is like Scotland - 2or 3 teams who are decent and the rest barely League 1 standard. I'd like to give him a chance though.

Not much of a gamble is it though as Idriss is our player :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby caerblue » Fri May 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Not much of a gamble is it though as Idriss is our player :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Warnocks words were,he's a gamble for me,I like players who I know will give their all,and he don't know anything about Saadi,with a limited budget he's going with what he knows
caerblue

Postby Fusilier23 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:It will be disappointing if he doesn't 15 goals in 27 is a good return. :ayatollah:

Look at Zohore, with a word from NW ho knows
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby pontlliwblue » Sat May 20, 2017 8:04 am

Having watched the video of his goals again the one thing that jmps out at me is the quality of the balls into him. That is something we have to improve. Think him and ken would be something I'd like to see.
pontlliwblue

Return to General Chat