Why is the English League so much harder?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby SnackaJack » Fri May 19, 2017 6:26 am

Kane scored 4 last night and hailed as one of the worlds best strikers. Yet at the top of the goalscorers list sees him with 18, two ahead of second place Lukaku with 16, one game to play each to come.

If we look at La liga then the likes of Messi and Ronaldo get 50 a season. Would they get 50 a season in the Premier League?

You can probably expand that to the Championship too, looks a much better league than the second tier of Spanish football. Yet Europe is dominated by the larger teams in those countries. Looks to be a case of an old Scottish Premier League type scenario but instead of Rangers and Celtic dominating a poor league, its Real, Barca and Atletico who have the abilty to regularly beat the awful sides 7-0 or 8-0.
SnackaJack

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Why is the English League so much harder?

Postby Pencoed » Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 pm

I think its a mixture of have weaker opposition in Spain and Germany and the top teams in this country not being particularly strong.

I think if you look at the number of semi finalist for the Euoropa and Champions league over the last 5 years la liga drawfs the premier league.

I ve thought for a few we think the premier league is better than it is a la liga is a lot strong though out than we believe, in terms of quality. Excitement wise premier league wins by a country mile
Pencoed

Postby SnackaJack » Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 pm

We should have done the double over Valencia after beating them 3-0 away, and should have won both legs against Napoli too, we dominated them.

I think its a case of the top teams are stronger (Real, Munich, Barca and Juve) are stronger than the likes of Chelsea but outside of the other countries big 3, then the Premier League wins by a mile in terms of quality. You wouldn't get many 8-0 scorelines in the Premier League even if Madrid were in it. The likes of Defore and Negredo both lead the line in teams that got relegated :shock:
SnackaJack

Postby Pencoed » Fri May 19, 2017 7:38 pm

These would be some of the fixtures if the premier league side played the la liga side in the same position Bournemouth v Espanyol,Everton v Sociadad,Palace v Celta Vigo, Jacks v Deportivo. I don't think the results would be one sided.

You talk about Madrid Barca Bayern not hammering teams if they were in the premier league, yet Bayern beat arsenal 5-1 twice this season. What would they do to Sunderland?
Pencoed

Return to General Chat