Callum Patterson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Callum Patterson

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm

if what people are saying is true and we are signing Callum Patterson on a free (450k) I think this would be a great signing and the sort of player we should be looking at. He's young, has loads of potential, has been great for Hearts and is an international player for Scotland. I personally believe that's if we do sign him we might be looking at playing with 3 Centre Backs and 2 wing backs next season with Bamba, Morrison and Manga/Connolly at CB and Patterson and Bennett wing backs. I think that's a very good back 5 and would challenge the best in this division. Also his record of goals in the SPL is incredible really.
Bluebird Warrior

Callum Patterson

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Callum Patterson

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri May 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Don't know much about him but sounds promising
BobbyBlue

Postby billy ronson » Sat May 20, 2017 6:23 am

Peltier can play centre back and Warnock rates him so don't be surprised if he plays in the back three. :bluescarf:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Sat May 20, 2017 6:52 am

If we do sign him then Warnock will have giivggven himself plenty of quality options to choose from which over the course of a season in the championship is massive. Jazz, pelts and Paterson can all play both right and left back whilst weve got Bennett at left back who has done really well since Warnock has came in. Also if we're struggling at centre half Peltier and Paterson can fill the gap if needs be. Warnock talked about needing strength in depth, signing Paterson would definitely bring that.
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby Geoff Blue » Sat May 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Sounds promising only negative is that he is injured. How long will he be out for?
Geoff Blue

Postby Einstein » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Out until October cruciate
Einstein

Postby DandoCCFC » Sat May 20, 2017 10:25 pm

So is this deal actually 'Complete' and just waiting for announcement or is it still got obstacles to get over?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat May 20, 2017 10:30 pm

we are strong in defence however we don't know what wages we are paying and we have a lot of similar players IMO.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Bennett go.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:52 am

Think he may be back earlier than October as reports are saying his recovery has been so good.
Haven't seen it officially but just reading between the lines.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Igovernor » Sun May 21, 2017 7:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Think he may be back earlier than October as reports are saying his recovery has been so good.
Haven't seen it officially but just reading between the lines.

Quite right, he is in full training, and if he was not fit does anyone think he would have passed his medical, if this all comes about then I think we will have a very good player, one that West ham were going for before his injury :thumbup:
Igovernor

Return to General Chat