' ITS OFFICIAL, CARDIFF CITY'S SEVEN NEW SIGNINGS '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby TrueBlue99 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:53 pm

' CARDIFF CITY MAKE SEVEN SUMMER SIGNING '

13/07/17

ITS OFFICIAL LEE TOMLIN IS A CARDIFF CITY PLAYER :bluebird:

Cardiff City Sign Lee Tomlin from Bristol City on a three year deal

It is believed Cardiff City have paid £2mill plus for Lee Tromlin :bluebird: :bluebird:

06/07/17

Cardiff City FC is delighted to confirm the signing of midfielder Loïc Damour

The twenty-six year old has signed a two-year deal with the Bluebirds, linking up immediately with Neil Warnock's men for pre-season training.

A former France youth international, Loïc has represented his nation at various age groups up to and including at U20 level.

His career in France and Belgium has taken him to sides including Strasbourg, White Star Bruxelles, Fréjus Saint-Raphaël and Bourg-Péronnas.

Loïc becomes the Bluebirds' sixth signing of the summer, following the acquisitions of Neil Etheridge, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Callum Paterson, Lee Camp and Danny Ward.

' ITS OFFICIAL, CARDIFF CITY'S FIVE NEW SIGNINGS '

' UPDATED '

25/06/17

Cardiff City Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Danny Ward from Rotherham United

The twenty-six-year-old forward has committed to the Bluebirds until the summer of 2020, becoming the Club’s fifth signing of the summer. He’ll join fellow recruits Neil Etheridge, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Callum Paterson and Lee Camp when the squad returns for pre-season training at the end of June.

' UPDATED '

16/06/17

' CARDIFF CITY SIGN LEE CAMP :bluebird:

Cardiff have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Lee Camp.

Camp, who worked with manager Neil Warnock at Rotherham, has signed a contract until 2019 and told the club website: “The manager has always been fantastic with me and I’m delighted to work with him again.

Warnock said: “He’s what I call a ‘Steady Eddie’. Lee has always done well for me.”

' Updated '
Two will be expected to start in Warnocks first 11,the other a squad member.

Cardiff City is delighted to confirm the signing of Scotland international defender Callum Paterson. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Paterson becomes the third new face at CCS this summer, following the arrivals last week of Neil Etheridge and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Paterson joins the Bluebirds following the expiration of his contract at Heart of Midlothian, signing a deal that will run until the summer of 2020.

PLUS

:ayatollah: CITY SIGN ETHERIDGE AND MENDEZ-LAING :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Walsall goalkeeper Etheridge, 27, and Rochdale wide man Mendez-Laing, 25, will join up with the Bluebirds on July 1st 2017

DBFeh-xXYAEFEL3.jpg
DBFeh-xXYAEFEL3.jpg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 27600 times

Tuesday 30th May 2017

The Bluebirds in double transfer swoop…

Cardiff City FC has agreed to sign goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, subject to completion of paperwork and international clearance.

Both Etheridge and Mendez-Laing will officially join up with the Bluebirds from 1st July 2017, following the expiration of their respective contracts at Walsall and Rochdale.

Etheridge, who has made over fifty international appearances for the Philippines, began his career with the Chelsea academy, before going on to play for the likes of Fulham, Bristol Rovers, Oldham Athletic and Charlton Athletic.

“We haven’t had a big goalkeeper, and this lad is 6”2,” Neil Warnock said. “He’s always come out on top when we’re talking about goalkeepers and we’re delighted that he’s agreed to sign from 1st July.

“He’s looking forward to the challenge ahead and trying to establish himself as the number one ‘keeper. He’s at a very good age and will be a very good addition to the squad.”

After starting out his career with Wolverhampton Wanderers, Mendez-Laing enjoyed loan spells at Peterborough United and Sheffield United, before later joining the Posh on a permanent basis. He has since made over seventy appearances for League One side, Rochdale.

“I’ve watched him this season in particular and you get hunches about players, as a manager,” added Warnock. “I just feel that he can contribute a lot to us next season.

“I think he’ll be a very good squad player and it’s up to him to get into the first-team and make the position his own. He’s only a young lad still, but he’s got explosive pace and a lot to prove and I think it’s the right place for him. I think the fans will enjoy watching him.”

Warnock concluded: "We've been working hard since the season ended and we're hoping to continue with further exciting announcements in the coming months."

Goalkeeper Lee Camp
Attachments
DEmmTH5XYAEDB0k.jpg-large.jpeg
DEmmTH5XYAEDB0k.jpg-large.jpeg (114.16 KiB) Viewed 13688 times
Large-2.jpeg
Large-2.jpeg (152.32 KiB) Viewed 14483 times
IMG_1992.JPG
IMG_1992.JPG (168.73 KiB) Viewed 15630 times
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG (91.07 KiB) Viewed 17237 times
PatersonJPG.jpg
PatersonJPG.jpg (89.04 KiB) Viewed 20234 times
TrueBlue99

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OFFICIAL, CITY'S FIRST SIGNINGS

Postby bluebird58 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:58 pm

Two decent signings who shouldn't be too expensive. Let's hope they can make the step up from League 1.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue May 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Good signings welcome to the club I like the look of Mendez Liang. :ayatollah: :bluebird:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby TrueBlue99 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Good signings welcome to the club I like the look of Mendez Liang. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Agree, he looks pacy, powerful and skillful, hoping he fits in here.
TrueBlue99

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Happy days
BobbyBlue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue May 30, 2017 4:03 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Good signings welcome to the club I like the look of Mendez Liang. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

And also if we keep Harris and Hoilett and give Kennedy a chance that's a shitload of pace to work with. :thumbright: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby stapes » Tue May 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Etheridge seems like a Tan signing? With 55 caps for the Philippines who have a population of over 100 million i'm sure he'l try and sell some shirts out there. :ayatollah:
stapes

Postby nubbsy » Tue May 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:

And also if we keep Harris and Hoilett and give Kennedy a chance that's a shitload of pace to work with. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But finishing product still yet to show...
nubbsy

Re: ' ITS OFFICIAL, CITY'S FIRST TWO SIGNINGS '

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue May 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Great that we identified a keeper we wanted and got them on a free, lot of positive words from Walsall. Didn't Warnock saying he was running this alongside the goalkeeper coach.

Both on a free so not much pressure just need to show us why Warnock brought you here. :ayatollah:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue May 30, 2017 4:08 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:

But finishing product still yet to show...

Still they cause problems and Hoilett didn't have a pre season and Harris is young and still learning the trade and I think he will get better he showed glimpses this season. :ayatollah:
Rydogsccfc

Postby phildavies » Tue May 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Etheridge is a top quality keeper and I'm very happy with him being our number one next year. Havent seen the other lad play but definitely needed more options out wide and trust Warnock more than any other manager we have had in my lifetime in terms of being able to spot talent in players. :ayatollah:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Warnock said Mendez - Lang will make a good squad player so I can only assume he's one of these signings he was talking about at the end of the season.

Looks exciting so let's hope he can make the step up. :bluebird:
norms76

Postby Jules » Tue May 30, 2017 4:14 pm

stapes wrote:Etheridge seems like a Tan signing? With 55 caps for the Philippines who have a population of over 100 million i'm sure he'l try and sell some shirts out there. :ayatollah:

Nope, Warnock said he was after him a while back :thumbup:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby fred keenor » Tue May 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Great 2 signings for potential,just the opportunity we should be giving to league 1 players.
I'm sure they will step up.
fred keenor

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 pm

stapes wrote:Etheridge seems like a Tan signing? With 55 caps for the Philippines who have a population of over 100 million i'm sure he'l try and sell some shirts out there. :ayatollah:

Total bollocks. :sleepy2:
norms76

Postby stapes » Tue May 30, 2017 4:34 pm

:clap: :clap:
norms76 wrote:

stapes

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue May 30, 2017 4:43 pm

Two interesting signings...don't know much about either of them but Mendez Liang was man of the match virtually every game for Rochdale last season and was in the Division 1 team of the week on quite a few occasions last season as well...he's obviously no mug and apparently one of the quickest players around.

Good luck to them both welcome to the City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue May 30, 2017 4:52 pm

Hope we are not going to go over the top again. As someone has said, they look "interesting" signings, but so did Doyle. At least these have been signed by a manager I have faith in, unlike Doyle and later on Lambert.
Steve Zodiak

Postby bluemun » Tue May 30, 2017 5:06 pm

We will sign another keeper to compete with Etheridge. Possibly Lee Camp or.....Paddy Kenny!
bluemun

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue May 30, 2017 5:29 pm

norms76 wrote:

Can tell you are not a mod anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Never thought of it like that I think you could be right regarding Etheridge, he has been bombed out be previous clubs and found himself in the lower leagues. It could be a Tan buy to sell some shirts in the Middle East, he will probably be our reserve keeper.
BobbyBlue

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
norms76 wrote:

Can tell you are not a mod anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
norms76

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:39 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:

Never thought of it like that I think you could be right regarding Etheridge, he has been bombed out be previous clubs and found himself in the lower leagues. It could be a Tan buy to sell some shirts in the Middle East, he will probably be our reserve keeper.

Like I said, total & utter bolocks. Read Warnocks comments, he's been tracking him for a while. I don't think for one second this is the case because Warnock wouldn't stand for it.

Just enjoy the signings instead of looking for conspiracy theories. :banghead:
norms76

Postby Lengee » Tue May 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Both could be good signings - the Rochdale forum gives their lad a good write up.
Didn't see much on the goalie Etheridge - but NW rates him and hes a good age(27) and size.
LETS GIVE BOTH A FAIR CHANCE TO ADJUST TO CCFC and hopefully get some confidence and impress.(remember some of the Zahore comments!).
Lengee

Postby Valebluebird » Tue May 30, 2017 5:58 pm

Wishing both our new signings every success for the mighty bluebirds trust in warnock
Valebluebird

Postby Welsh Exile » Tue May 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Lengee wrote:Both could be good signings - the Rochdale forum gives their lad a good write up.
Didn't see much on the goalie Etheridge - but NW rates him and hes a good age(27) and size.
LETS GIVE BOTH A FAIR CHANCE TO ADJUST TO CCFC and hopefully get some confidence and impress.(remember some of the Zahore comments!).

Well said :clap:
Welsh Exile

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Tue May 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Mendez-Laing reminds me so much of Michail Antonio... like Warnock said he gives you a certain gut feeling when watching him play
BrightBlueFuture

Postby bluemun » Tue May 30, 2017 6:03 pm

As if Warnock would let Tan sign a player based on potential shirt sales!
Bring back Velikonja eh? He was a Tan signing.
bluemun

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm

bluemun wrote:As if Warnock would let Tan sign a player based on potential shirt sales!
Bring back Velikonja eh? He was a Tan signing.

Because Slovenia has a population of 2mil and Phillipines 100 mil :lol: plenty of shirts to be sold in phillipines
BobbyBlue

Postby Pulisnewport » Tue May 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Welcome to both players to our club and let's not be having a go about them.

Both decided to come and they should get all the support they need.
Pulisnewport

Next

Return to General Chat