' ITS OFFICIAL, CARDIFF CITY'S SEVEN NEW SIGNINGS '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' ITS OFFICIAL, CITY'S FIRST TWO SIGNINGS '

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Judging by the reaction of Rochdale and Walsall fans, both men are good players. I always sign Mendez-Laing on FIFA, bags of pace, good crosser, and has a lot of potential and they usually get that sort of thing correct - even if it is just a video game. Both men are decent signings by all accounts, Etheridge an ex-Fulham keeper, and Mendez-Laing who can play either Left or Right Wing. Welcome to Costa Del South Wales lads!
MarshfieldIsBlue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby BournvilleBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Welcome to both players to our club and let's not be having a go about them.

Both decided to come and they should get all the support they need.

I agree. No brainer. We should get behind them from the start.
BournvilleBlue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 pm

I watched footage of Etheridge last month and what impresses me in particular is how quick he is off his line to narrow the angle. He seems a very decisive, agile keeper. I'm delighted we've got him.

Mendez-Laing looks exciting as well because he looks quick, direct and powerful.
Tonteg Bluebird

Re: OFFICIAL, CITY'S FIRST SIGNINGS

Postby stapes » Tue May 30, 2017 6:39 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
stapes wrote:Etheridge seems like a Tan signing? With 55 caps for the Philippines who have a population of over 100 million i'm sure he'l try and sell some shirts out there. :ayatollah:

Never thought of it like that I think you could be right regarding Etheridge, he has been bombed out be previous clubs and found himself in the lower leagues. It could be a Tan buy to sell some shirts in the Middle East, he will probably be our reserve keeper.

Norm knows his stuff :old: ex mod says it all :o what a fanny bag
stapes

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:43 pm

stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
stapes wrote:Etheridge seems like a Tan signing? With 55 caps for the Philippines who have a population of over 100 million i'm sure he'l try and sell some shirts out there. :ayatollah:

Never thought of it like that I think you could be right regarding Etheridge, he has been bombed out be previous clubs and found himself in the lower leagues. It could be a Tan buy to sell some shirts in the Middle East, he will probably be our reserve keeper.

I know when someone's talking bollocks & that would be you.
norms76

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:47 pm

stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Show me one bit of evidence this is a Tan signing?! I know you're talking bollocks because you can't! So pipe down bellend before I ask for my old job back and ban you. :laughing6:
norms76

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 7:08 pm

norms76 wrote:
stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Show me one bit of evidence this is a Tan signing?! I know you're talking bollocks because you can't! So pipe down bellend before I ask for my old job back and ban you. :laughing6:

How would any of us get evidence like that? There's no suggestion that it is a Tan signing, but no one can doubt it's going to sell shirts in phillipines, good bit of business for both warnock and Tan I would say whoever signed him.
BobbyBlue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Welcome to both, hopefully they can contribute a lot :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:16 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

How would any of us get evidence like that? There's no suggestion that it is a Tan signing, but no one can doubt it's going to sell shirts in phillipines, good bit of business for both warnock and Tan I would say whoever signed him.

So you're admitting you've just made it up then. Cheers, that's all I wanted to know.
norms76

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 7:17 pm

norms76 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

So you're admitting you've just made it up then. Cheers, that's all I wanted to know.

Made what up? That Stapes brought it all up I just agreed it could be a possibility.
Last edited by BobbyBlue on Tue May 30, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobbyBlue

Postby ffs » Tue May 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Philippines are a basketball nation. They have next to no interest in football
ffs

Postby stapes » Tue May 30, 2017 7:20 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

Made what up? That Stapes brought it all up I just agreed it could be a possibility.

:lol:
stapes

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Tue May 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Pleased with these two signings, definitely adds quality and depth. Rochdale fans seem to rate Mendez Laing highly.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/195937/mendez-to-cardiff/#8
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby LostBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 pm

MarshfieldIsBlue wrote:Judging by the reaction of Rochdale and Walsall fans, both men are good players. I always sign Mendez-Laing on FIFA, bags of pace, good crosser, and has a lot of potential and they usually get that sort of thing correct - even if it is just a video game. Both men are decent signings by all accounts, Etheridge an ex-Fulham keeper, and Mendez-Laing who can play either Left or Right Wing. Welcome to Costa Del South Wales lads!

HAHA I'm literally about to load up FIFA and have a look at him. Good thinking squire!

Alot of potential for both these guys. Just the kind of signings we need to fill the squad out a bit with quality in depth, hopefully! Couple more of these and a couple with outstanding, proven quality and we have every chance.
LostBlue

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 30, 2017 7:27 pm

ffs wrote:

Basketball is popular but I'd be surprised is football wasn't popular too, they are one of the oldest teams in Asia the national team have been going a longtime even if they are crap.
BobbyBlue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Absolutely bouncing that the club have started to announce signings! Who next, Ledley, Ward or Camp? Could even go as far as to say Campbell or Hennessey.
Looking forward to next season ! :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:52 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
norms76 wrote:
stapes wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:

My apologies, I thought it was you not the other poster. :thumbright:
norms76

Re: ' ITS OFFICIAL, CARDIFF CITY'S FIRST TWO SIGNINGS '

Postby Nickoblue23 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Love that we're moving early in the transfer market for a change!!! I wonder what else Warnock has up his sleeve!?! Going to be an exciting summer.
Nickoblue23

Postby davids » Tue May 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Welcome to them both and good luck with their bluebird careers.

Would really like to see some of the dead wood moving out of the club as quickly as possible and freeing up some wages.
davids

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:15 pm

davids wrote:Welcome to them both and good luck with their bluebird careers.

Would really like to see some of the dead wood moving out of the club as quickly as possible and freeing up some wages.

Agreed. :bluebird:
norms76

Postby nubbsy » Tue May 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Good signings welcome to the club I like the look of Mendez Liang. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Agree, he looks pacy, powerful and skillful, hoping he fits in here.

And also if we keep Harris and Hoilett and give Kennedy a chance that's a shitload of pace to work with. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But finishing product still yet to show...

Still they cause problems and Hoilett didn't have a pre season and Harris is young and still learning the trade and I think he will get better he showed glimpses this season. :ayatollah:

Yup I think they can def improve. For me though if Hoilet doesn't start turning these chances into goals he'll end up being a big flop.
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Tue May 30, 2017 9:01 pm

yes goalkeeper replica tops. always a best seller .
dogfound

Postby ffs » Tue May 30, 2017 9:06 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

Basketball is popular but I'd be surprised is football wasn't popular too, they are one of the oldest teams in Asia the national team have been going a longtime even if they are crap.

I lived there for around 18 months 3 years ago. I'd even go as far as saying football is a minority sport over there. I doubt 99% of the population could name 3 teams in the Premier League, and the only Philippine footballers they know are the semi pro ones who do modelling/acting on the side
ffs

Postby norms76 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:07 pm

dogfound wrote:

yes goalkeeper replica tops. always a best seller .

:lol: :lol:
norms76

Postby stapes » Tue May 30, 2017 9:15 pm

ffs wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
ffs wrote:

I lived there for around 18 months 3 years ago. I'd even go as far as saying football is a minority sport over there. I doubt 99% of the population could name 3 teams in the Premier League, and the only Philippine footballers they know are the semi pro ones who do modelling/acting on the side

I've never been there but i thought they would be as mad for football as the rest of east Asia :ayatollah: cheers for the info
stapes

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:40 pm

There are many obvious flaws in the theory put forward by some on here that Etheridge is a Vincent Tan signing based on the belief that it will generate huge replica shirt sales in the Philippines, including

1) there is very little support for football in general in the Philippines

2) even if there was, replica goalie shirts don`t tend to be " best sellers"

3) a replica shirt could probably be made out there as a copy overnight for less than £1 , so hardly likely to buy full priced ones

One poster also seemed to think that the Phillipines is in the Middle East!!. Hopefully, any shirt sales that are made will get posted to the correct part of the globe!
ccfcsince1962

Re: ' ITS OFFICIAL, CARDIFF CITY'S THREE NEWS SIGNINGS '

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Cardiff City is delighted to confirm the signing of Scotland international defender Callum Paterson.

Paterson becomes the third new face at CCS this summer, following the arrivals last week of Neil Etheridge and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Paterson joins the Bluebirds following the expiration of his contract at Heart of Midlothian, signing a deal that will run until the summer of 2020.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: ' ITS OFFICIAL, CARDIFF CITY'S THREE NEWS SIGNINGS '

Postby lathamgaffney » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:36 pm

All three players are all good ages to play football.

Neil Etheridge - 27
Nathaniel Mendez-Liang - 25
Callum Paterson - 22

All free transfers too and doubt they're on astronomical wages. Warnock working his magic! :ayatollah:

Looking forward to the season already! Bloooooobirds! :bluescarf:
09/01/2015 - The Rebirth of the Bluebirds

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LathamGaffney
lathamgaffney

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:04 am

BobbyBlue wrote:

Middle East?? Do you know where the Philippines is chief, it aint there ;)

CTID

:bluebird:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby kennethpaul » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 am

ccfcsince1962 wrote:There are many obvious flaws in the theory put forward by some on here that Etheridge is a Vincent Tan signing based on the belief that it will generate huge replica shirt sales in the Philippines, including

1) there is very little support for football in general in the Philippines

2) even if there was, replica goalie shirts don`t tend to be " best sellers"

3) a replica shirt could probably be made out there as a copy overnight for less than £1 , so hardly likely to buy full priced ones

One poster also seemed to think that the Phillipines is in the Middle East!!. Hopefully, any shirt sales that are made will get posted to the correct part of the globe!

Hi Folks! Perhaps, I'm one of the newest fan of Cardiff City here.
Brought in with Neil Etheridge. :)

1) Correct. But out of 100M, I can assure you that at least 5M of us supports football and around 1M of us are very passionate about it.
Generally, Filipinos lost their interest to Football due to the emergence of the Americans who brought Basketball to our country. In the early days, the Philippines had produced world-football legends such as Paulino Alcantara, etc. (sorry for a bit of history lessons).
The bottom-line is still, some Filipinos, perhaps other Asians would probably be interested to watch Cardiff City. :lol:

2) Agree. But Etheridge is an Asian rockstar, most people who buy his jerseys are his female fans. Check how many twitter and instagram followers this lad has. :king:

3) The Philippines is in South East Asia. :) A beautiful archipelago with more than 7,000 islands. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7RK9cmXis 8-)

Sorry for my bad english.. Hope to get good reception from you guys. :)

Cheers! :occasion5:
kennethpaul

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat