' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this seaso

Gambler's Den

' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this seaso

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am

' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this season 2017-18 '

14th in the Championship


By Ian Mitchelmore

Friday 23rd June 2017

Neil Warnock is continuing to bolster his Cardiff City squad ahead of the 2017-18 campaign as he looks to fire the Bluebirds into the promised land of the Premier League in his first full season in charge of the club.

The Yorkshireman has already added full-back Callum Paterson, winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and goalkeepers Lee Camp and Neil Etheridge as well as tying up deals for the likes of Kadeem Harris, Lee Peltier and Junior Hoilett.


And while Warnock repeatedly stressed during the course of his debut season in the Welsh capital that he wouldn't be at the club if he didn't think he had a chance of getting them up, bookmakers don't seem to be too confident of Cardiff's chances of securing promotion next season.

Researchers at Experimental361 combined the Championship fixtures with an aggregation of leading bookmakers' odds to determine where each club's easiest and most difficult games are.

They also figured out where each club will finish in the table next season based on the odds... and it's not good news for the Bluebirds.

Based on their research, they think the Bluebirds will finish in 14th place, two spots lower than they managed last season under Warnock who took over the club when they were in 23rd place when Paul Trollope was sacked.

They have recently relegated Middlesbrough to win the division ahead of Steve Bruce's Aston Villa, while Fulham, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby will occupy the four play-off spots according to their research.

Warnock's former club Burton will finish at the bottom of the pile while Barnsley and Millwall are also set for the drop according to their findings.
Attachments
Warnock-Cardiff-2-2.jpg
Warnock-Cardiff-2-2.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 5631 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 92336
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this seaso

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this season 2017-18 '

14th in the Championship


By Ian Mitchelmore

Friday 23rd June 2017

Neil Warnock is continuing to bolster his Cardiff City squad ahead of the 2017-18 campaign as he looks to fire the Bluebirds into the promised land of the Premier League in his first full season in charge of the club.

The Yorkshireman has already added full-back Callum Paterson, winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and goalkeepers Lee Camp and Neil Etheridge as well as tying up deals for the likes of Kadeem Harris, Lee Peltier and Junior Hoilett.


And while Warnock repeatedly stressed during the course of his debut season in the Welsh capital that he wouldn't be at the club if he didn't think he had a chance of getting them up, bookmakers don't seem to be too confident of Cardiff's chances of securing promotion next season.

Researchers at Experimental361 combined the Championship fixtures with an aggregation of leading bookmakers' odds to determine where each club's easiest and most difficult games are.

They also figured out where each club will finish in the table next season based on the odds... and it's not good news for the Bluebirds.

Based on their research, they think the Bluebirds will finish in 14th place, two spots lower than they managed last season under Warnock who took over the club when they were in 23rd place when Paul Trollope was sacked.

They have recently relegated Middlesbrough to win the division ahead of Steve Bruce's Aston Villa, while Fulham, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby will occupy the four play-off spots according to their research.

Warnock's former club Burton will finish at the bottom of the pile while Barnsley and Millwall are also set for the drop according to their findings.



I think its deffo worth a punt on us winning the play offs. If we manage to get anywhere near the top 6 towards the end then I think Warnock will get us over the line... :bluebird:
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 am

Interesting.
Based on the squad at the moment I'd go for higher than that for sure but not the top 6.
We need to get to the end of Warnocks transfer dealings before we can estimate a more accurate guess I think.
True Blue through & through.
User avatar
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 4598
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this season 2017-18 '

14th in the Championship


By Ian Mitchelmore

Friday 23rd June 2017

Neil Warnock is continuing to bolster his Cardiff City squad ahead of the 2017-18 campaign as he looks to fire the Bluebirds into the promised land of the Premier League in his first full season in charge of the club.

The Yorkshireman has already added full-back Callum Paterson, winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and goalkeepers Lee Camp and Neil Etheridge as well as tying up deals for the likes of Kadeem Harris, Lee Peltier and Junior Hoilett.


And while Warnock repeatedly stressed during the course of his debut season in the Welsh capital that he wouldn't be at the club if he didn't think he had a chance of getting them up, bookmakers don't seem to be too confident of Cardiff's chances of securing promotion next season.

Researchers at Experimental361 combined the Championship fixtures with an aggregation of leading bookmakers' odds to determine where each club's easiest and most difficult games are.

They also figured out where each club will finish in the table next season based on the odds... and it's not good news for the Bluebirds.

Based on their research, they think the Bluebirds will finish in 14th place, two spots lower than they managed last season under Warnock who took over the club when they were in 23rd place when Paul Trollope was sacked.

They have recently relegated Middlesbrough to win the division ahead of Steve Bruce's Aston Villa, while Fulham, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby will occupy the four play-off spots according to their research.

Warnock's former club Burton will finish at the bottom of the pile while Barnsley and Millwall are also set for the drop according to their findings.



I think its deffo worth a punt on us winning the play offs. If we manage to get anywhere near the top 6 towards the end then I think Warnock will get us over the line... :bluebird:


I believe if we have hardly any injuries we will make the top 6th, but next season our division will be very very tough with a lot of money spent by other clubs.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 92336
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:22 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Interesting.
Based on the squad at the moment I'd go for higher than that for sure but not the top 6.
We need to get to the end of Warnocks transfer dealings before we can estimate a more accurate guess I think.


I would say top 10 but I think we should be happy that we are going under the radar at present. There are some big teams with big budgets to spend so it is going to be very difficult for us to break through, but Warnock has been there, seen it all and done it on similar or smaller budgets to what he has now.
Bluebird For Life
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:36 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Interesting.
Based on the squad at the moment I'd go for higher than that for sure but not the top 6.
We need to get to the end of Warnocks transfer dealings before we can estimate a more accurate guess I think.



Agree, without at least another striker (not including ward) and an attacking/creative center mid we will struggle to make the play offs. I'll make my call when I see who he brings in over the coming weeks!
nubbsy
 
Posts: 6771
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Jules » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 am

nubbsy wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Interesting.
Based on the squad at the moment I'd go for higher than that for sure but not the top 6.
We need to get to the end of Warnocks transfer dealings before we can estimate a more accurate guess I think.



Agree, without at least another striker (not including ward) and an attacking/creative center mid we will struggle to make the play offs. I'll make my call when I see who he brings in over the coming weeks!


Do you think the Ward deal is off or another striker with him ?
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:14 am

Jules wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Interesting.
Based on the squad at the moment I'd go for higher than that for sure but not the top 6.
We need to get to the end of Warnocks transfer dealings before we can estimate a more accurate guess I think.



Agree, without at least another striker (not including ward) and an attacking/creative center mid we will struggle to make the play offs. I'll make my call when I see who he brings in over the coming weeks!


Do you think the Ward deal is off or another striker with him ?



I have no idea, all the info I have is from here?.. I've never even seen him play either but I trust warnock. I still feel we need 3 strikers good enough for the first 11 then a 4th which would be Rhys healy weaning back in when he's fit. So with ward and Zohore that's two assuming Fred, saadi, Lambert will all be shipped off.
nubbsy
 
Posts: 6771
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby kav_8 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am

Don't reckon that Barnsley will go down they got some decent players and supposed to be punching mcgeeghan from Luton kind of player we should sign if we let go of gunnar.
So with that said....
That predictive table means nothing!
kav_8
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Jules » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Jules wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Interesting.
Based on the squad at the moment I'd go for higher than that for sure but not the top 6.
We need to get to the end of Warnocks transfer dealings before we can estimate a more accurate guess I think.



Agree, without at least another striker (not including ward) and an attacking/creative center mid we will struggle to make the play offs. I'll make my call when I see who he brings in over the coming weeks!


Do you think the Ward deal is off or another striker with him ?



I have no idea, all the info I have is from here?.. I've never even seen him play either but I trust warnock. I still feel we need 3 strikers good enough for the first 11 then a 4th which would be Rhys healy weaning back in when he's fit. So with ward and Zohore that's two assuming Fred, saadi, Lambert will all be shipped off.


Well that's that query answered. agree that we need another along with Healy :thumbup:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Fusilier23 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Being optimistic here but I think with the additons we have made, and we do not lose any of our other key players, we will be looking at a top 6 finish. Our best potential season for a long time :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
User avatar
Fusilier23
 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Dinas Powys

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:Being optimistic here but I think with the additons we have made, and we do not lose any of our other key players, we will be looking at a top 6 finish. Our best potential season for a long time :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:


Noone & Pilkinton will be gone along with Huws, Okeefe and John.
I presume Fred & Saadi to be added to that list.

We need a CAM & a striker with another holding player as I dont rate Ralls.
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:33 pm

On the basis that bookies are hardly wrong it must mean either city's team is weaker than last season? Or championship is harder than last season? Not sure either is correct ! Because NW hasn't finished with team building and every season we say championship is harder but only need look at Barnsley Huddersfield to see it's just very competitive. :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 11807
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:40 pm

Leicester city 5000/1 enough said :D
Pembroke bluebird
 
Posts: 669
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:On the basis that bookies are hardly wrong it must mean either city's team is weaker than last season? Or championship is harder than last season? Not sure either is correct ! Because NW hasn't finished with team building and every season we say championship is harder but only need look at Barnsley Huddersfield to see it's just very competitive. :old:

I don't believe our squad is significantly stronger than it was last season, and I think at the minute we look a bit like we looked this time a year ago, a mid table side. However, it sounds as if there are more signings to come, so things could change yet. Our problem is the same as last year, very little money available to compete with the wealthier Championship clubs. Hopefully Warnock's experience will give us a bit of an advantage, but it is going to be very difficult for us to get much more than a top ten finish with the squad as it stands today. I think our betting odds a realistic enough, but I can see them shortening once our squad is complete.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby The nations Capitol » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Have to hope for playoffs but I think its mid table again for us.
The nations Capitol
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 10:03 am

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Promotion push, I feel it in my bones.
That is all!!!
Dessy1927
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Sunny Jersey

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby FloridaBluebird » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Good hope they keep taking the pressure off Warnock and the lads, def worth a punt - must be great odds on going up
FloridaBluebird
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Florida

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Dobbin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Bookies very rarely get it wrong and in my opinion have we really improved on the squad from the team that finished the season I would say not. We will be again difficult to beat but stronger sides both coming up and down will make the league more difficult.

I think we will finish mid table the question is - will that be good enough. Most of the big hitters on here were wanting backing for warnock which the club are doing saying he will bring us promotion however now it appears we will struggle for playoffs if we are lucky.

Warnock when he goes will leave us on a better position as a club but if he don't deliver there a lot of people that have nailed the flag to the pole and some and won't be able to back track.

I hope I am proved wrong :ayatollah: :thumbup:
Dobbin
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:36 pm

I believe we are going to exceed expectations this season. It's not about money spent it's about getting a group playing as a team and willing to bleed for the shirt.
Teams coming down often have the hangover of relegation lingering. Warnock is already addressing the gaps noted last season. Half glass full me see
Dessy1927
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Sunny Jersey

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Dobbin wrote:Bookies very rarely get it wrong and in my opinion have we really improved on the squad from the team that finished the season I would say not. We will be again difficult to beat but stronger sides both coming up and down will make the league more difficult.

I think we will finish mid table the question is - will that be good enough. Most of the big hitters on here were wanting backing for warnock which the club are doing saying he will bring us promotion however now it appears we will struggle for playoffs if we are lucky.

Warnock when he goes will leave us on a better position as a club but if he don't deliver there a lot of people that have nailed the flag to the pole and some and won't be able to back track.

I hope I am proved wrong :ayatollah: :thumbup:

That's how I see it. We were 31 points adrift of the promotion places last season, and I don't believe our squad has improved anywhere near enough to bridge that sort of a gap. Hopefully we will strengthen over the next few weeks, but whether or not that will be enough for a play off place remains to be seen. I do not expect us to be playing anywhere other than the Championship in the 2018/19 season, so anything better would be a massive bonus for me.
Steve Zodiak
 
Posts: 2972
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:42 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby SBF1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this season 2017-18 '

14th in the Championship


By Ian Mitchelmore

Friday 23rd June 2017

Neil Warnock is continuing to bolster his Cardiff City squad ahead of the 2017-18 campaign as he looks to fire the Bluebirds into the promised land of the Premier League in his first full season in charge of the club.

The Yorkshireman has already added full-back Callum Paterson, winger Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and goalkeepers Lee Camp and Neil Etheridge as well as tying up deals for the likes of Kadeem Harris, Lee Peltier and Junior Hoilett.


And while Warnock repeatedly stressed during the course of his debut season in the Welsh capital that he wouldn't be at the club if he didn't think he had a chance of getting them up, bookmakers don't seem to be too confident of Cardiff's chances of securing promotion next season.

Researchers at Experimental361 combined the Championship fixtures with an aggregation of leading bookmakers' odds to determine where each club's easiest and most difficult games are.

They also figured out where each club will finish in the table next season based on the odds... and it's not good news for the Bluebirds.

Based on their research, they think the Bluebirds will finish in 14th place, two spots lower than they managed last season under Warnock who took over the club when they were in 23rd place when Paul Trollope was sacked.

They have recently relegated Middlesbrough to win the division ahead of Steve Bruce's Aston Villa, while Fulham, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby will occupy the four play-off spots according to their research.

Warnock's former club Burton will finish at the bottom of the pile while Barnsley and Millwall are also set for the drop according to their findings.


These sort of "studies/predictions" come out every year. I have yet to see one that is even close. :lol: :lol:
Neath Bluebirds.
User avatar
SBF1
 
Posts: 8081
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Nemo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Dobbin wrote:Bookies very rarely get it wrong and in my opinion have we really improved on the squad from the team that finished the season I would say not. We will be again difficult to beat but stronger sides both coming up and down will make the league more difficult.

I think we will finish mid table the question is - will that be good enough. Most of the big hitters on here were wanting backing for warnock which the club are doing saying he will bring us promotion however now it appears we will struggle for playoffs if we are lucky.

Warnock when he goes will leave us on a better position as a club but if he don't deliver there a lot of people that have nailed the flag to the pole and some and won't be able to back track.

I hope I am proved wrong :ayatollah: :thumbup:


The bookies get things wrong all the time! They had us as at 9/2 favourites to win the Championship the season after our relegation. We all know how that turned out.What price were Huddersfield to get promotion this year? No bookmaker had them in the top six. Our form after Christmas last season was damn near top six form. Our squad next year will have greater depth. We need a quality midfielder and perhaps another striker. If we get them I'm confident we will challenge for the playoffs.Even without them I think we could go close.
Nemo
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby Dessy1927 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:36 pm

I believe we are going to exceed expectations this season. It's not about money spent it's about getting a group playing as a team and willing to bleed for the shirt.
Teams coming down often have the hangover of relegation lingering. Warnock is already addressing the gaps noted last season. Half glass full me see
Dessy1927
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Sunny Jersey

Re: ' Where the bookies believe Cardiff City will end this s

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:31 pm

8-1 = To Go Up :bluebird:
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 14230
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff



Return to Gambler's Den

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.