Poll ended at Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Warnock's
51%
Malky's
49%

Total votes : 71

" Strongest Squad "

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Of course we have the luxury of hindsight as far as Malky's side was concerned but I am more exited by this current squad than I was at the start of our promotion season.
Sneggyblubird

" Strongest Squad "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Strongest Squad

Postby blueb1rd97 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Being totally honest I'm surprised anyone could say warnocks is stronger at this moment in time. Malkys squad comfortably won the league that season and had some classy championship players such as Bellamy, Tommy Smith, Whitts etc as well as good championship players such as Helguson, Hudson, super Kev and Marshall. Not to mention the players who done well at the end of the season like Mutch, Kimbo and Campbell. That squad had a bit of everything in my opinion.

However I am excited about the squad Warnocks building, and I hope there's more to come because I don't think it's capable of challenging for promotion just yet, another good striker and a box to box midfielder and I think we'll have a squad similar to Warnocks QPR team, but definitely excited for the new season :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
blueb1rd97

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 pm

I think Malkys squad, he had already built the base of the squad and then had a large budget and at the time there was little other money in the championship. it was the perfect time to spend and get promoted, sadly it then fell apart.

I suppose we are doing the opposite to the time under Malky and building a squad on a smaller budget whole others around us spend silly money and wages.

I'm happy with the way Warnock has built the squad and it will be interesting to see if it all clicks. I'm looking forward to the season.
2blue2handle

Postby Blue_Barber » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm

I think there's a bit more grunt in Warnocks squad it's abit more like a modern Wimbledon ofnplauers with potential that nobody wants and a manager with the ability to love these players and get the best out of them
Blue_Barber

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:24 pm

A lot closer than I thought it would be.
Sneggyblubird

Postby angelis1949 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Of course we have the luxury of hindsight as far as Malky's side was concerned but I am more exited by this current squad than I was at the start of our promotion season.

Up till now I have resisted commenting on Warnocks transfer dealings this close season but I have to say with one or two exceptions the players he has brought in do not fill me with excitement but like I have always said time will tell
angelis1949

Postby castleblue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Of course we have the luxury of hindsight as far as Malky's side was concerned but I am more exited by this current squad than I was at the start of our promotion season.

No doubt in my mind that Malkay had the better squad but in my experience NW teams are always better than the sum of their parts.

That's what makes this season exciting for me the NW Team Ethic and his ability to get the very best out of each member of the squad.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby bluemun » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Campbell joined half way through the season and Smith didn't do a lot.
I'm excited by the Big Dane, Ward ,Tomlin and Rhys Healey when fit.....Malky's had a better strength in midfield, but Warnock's looks stronger in defence and attack.
We'll see.......
bluemun

Postby Bluebina » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:51 pm

castleblue wrote:

No doubt in my mind that Malkay had the better squad but in my experience NW teams are always better than the sum of their parts.

That's what makes this season exciting for me the NW Team Ethic and his ability to get the very best out of each member of the squad.

Spot on, but I think we will add another two, then it will be really interesting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Re: " Strongest Squad "

Postby phildavies » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:11 pm

I mean this is a silly comparison as Malky's squad was miles ahead of the current one in terms of talent. However This squad looks a lot better than the past few seasons and in Warnock we have somebody who can motivate players to get the beat out of them.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 pm

Hmmm very very close by City fans and what some are saying is then if Warnocks has a better/stronger squad than Malky then Warnock should run away with the Championship, because lets face it Malky did? ?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Dai Drope » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm

Time will tell obviously. Malky's lads did the business and I got a feeling the current crop won't be far away either! Whatever happens this seasons kick off cannot come soon enough and I haven't thought like that for the past couple of seasons!
Dai Drope

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Malkys is say, there was plenty of creativity in Kimbo, Witts and Mutch, plenty of steel in gunner, helguson and Hudson, a striker that tormented defences at championship level, a keeper on form, noony who is a good winger when on form.

From warnocks team, I prefer the defence to malkys. patterson I like the look of who's injured, bamba and manga, what I need to be conviced on is our creativity and if we can score the goals to send us up, zahore has promise, we need ward and Tomlin to be on form, damour and mendez I'm not convinced on yet.
BobbyBlue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:59 pm

castleblue wrote:

Agree with you Gary :bluescarf:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat