' Cameron Coxe '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cameron Coxe '

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:45 am

Last night was the first time I've seen Cameron Coxe play and I thought he was excellent. He seems a very solid full back with a great engine, continually getting up and down the flank. He should have won a penalty with a great run in the second half before being brought down.

Coxe is a very good athlete and I was impressed with how vocal he was. I heard him shouting instructions to Manga several times in the second half. He's only 18 and played with a maturity beyond his years. I'm excited to see how he develops, hopefully he can keep pushing on and break into our first team in the future.
Tonteg Bluebird

' Cameron Coxe '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Cameron Coxe '

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:31 pm

was there last night and yes he looked a good prospect.

trouble is ive seen quite a few over the years that never get the breaks required..its not only about talent, you often need a train of events..injuries..new manager..someone falling out with the manager, someone elses loss off form..a player being sold. for a young boy to get his chance..and even then he needs to be lucky enough to have a few games that dont include marking top players who happen to be in the middle of a purple patch.
dogfound

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Great that we may have one or two coming through. Think of the opposition though
bluebirdoct1962

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Great that we may have one or two coming through. Think of the opposition though

was very poor. but you can only play against who is there and he did do well.
dogfound

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Totally agree mate.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Totally agree mate.
Hopefully he'll have s few games in the cup and then maybe creep onto our bench later in the season
bluebirdoct1962

Postby corky » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Cameron is one of two lads from my home town at the bottom of the Merthyr Valley, the other one is Jamie Veale, bot live in the same street more or less and both have signed pro contracts with City. They are both very talented and Jamie is often captain of the development team whilst Cameron has represented Wales at under 19 and all lower levels for as long as I can remember...both good lads too and fingers crossed for both of them.
new season,new start
corky

Postby bluemun » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 am

I really hope he gets a chance but right back is one of our strongest positions.....Jazz, Pelts and Paterson (when he's fit). Connolly also. It's going to be very tricky....left side is weaker, isn't it?
bluemun

Return to General Chat