" CARDIFF CITY CONFIRM FINAL PRE-SEASON FIXTURE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Cardiff City FC will host Livingston FC at Cardiff City Stadium on Friday, 28th July (kick-off 7pm).

The fixture will give Bluebirds fans one final opportunity of watching Neil Warnock’s side ahead of our 2017/18 season opener at Burton Albion the following weekend.

This match replaces the originally planned game against Portsmouth FC, cancelled due to our Carabao Cup Round 1 clash with Pompey on August 8th.

Speaking of the game, Neil Warnock said: “We had a couple of options to play against Italian and Spanish opposition, but I wanted to have a British-based side to play against with it being our final game before the season starts.

“I think Livingston will give us a good game and they’ve a couple of players that I would like to watch in person. In this respect it kills two birds with one stone.”

Ticket information for our friendly with the Scottish Championship side will follow in due course.
Attachments
Large.jpeg
Large.jpeg (127.61 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY CONFIRM FINAL PRE-SEASON FIXTURE "

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:21 pm

ALL CARDIFFS PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES IN FULL

Link

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Big Ceri » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:26 pm

I've been waiting for the final friendly to be announced and to say i am totally underwhelmed is an understatement. The need to get up to speed is vital for the coming season but some of the sides are hardly world beaters are they. I don't see me driving down from Colchester for this one. I mean surely a premiership side or someone abroad would get the interest up but Livingston really.

I was having a good day till that point.
Big Ceri

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:47 pm

Not sure how Warnock usually goes about his pre seasons, but it seems Plymouth will be our toughest test. It should build confidence if we rack up wins, plus being the superior team in every friendly will enable us to have more possession and concentrate more on what we do with the ball.

Playing a Premiership team will result in us focusing on defending and chasing the ball more, which will improve our organisation and fitness. But I think it makes sense with most of our signings being attacking players, to play friendlies which give our new signings the best opportunity to be involved, blend into the squad and work on things. For these reasons, I'm not too bothered we aren't against a higher calibre opponent.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:36 pm

At last a pre season that gets the team built up nicely.

Never saw the use for a game against high profile opposition it tells us nothing.

Playing against hard working yet beatable British teams is of more use for a season than playing against teams whose style is nowhere near that of the Championship.

A couple of wins also goes well for confidence.

NW is a breath of fresh air with his honesty and approach. He wants to look at a few Livingston players so he TELLS us he wants to look at a few Livingston players.
Wayne S

Postby adamt958 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:41 pm

Happy with this. the fact that people are complaining over who we play in friendlies baffles me.

Plus, who else could we have played with the Portsmouth friendly being cancelled so close to the dates.
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
adamt958

Postby Blue_Barber » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:53 pm

I can see why people could be underwhelmed I'd have loved to see a decent italian or Spanish side gravlce the CCS turf BUT with preseason fixtures planned normal a fair bit in advance there's no guarantee they would have been top sides cold have been inter pecorino or Real chorizo for all we know that were available - I'd expect Livingstone were the best of what was available at such short notice
Blue_Barber

Postby Bella Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

[quote="Tonteg Bluebird"]It should build confidence if we rack up wins, plus being the superior team in every friendly will enable us to have more possession and concentrate more on what we do with the ball.

Good point. I suppose we all look for a standout friendly against a top team so we can use it as a yardstick for where we ate at goi g into the new season. But as we all know you really cannot read too much into per-season friendlies. I would hope Warnock would know how best to prepare his team.
Bella Blue

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:05 pm

If they make this £5 adults and kids free then it doesnt matter who the opposition is.

If they try and charge £10 - £20 for a ticket it will be a bit of a pisstake.

Get round all the schools and junior footy teams and give them all complimentary tickets for this match. Fill the stadium up and they will return throughout the season.
thomasblue

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Just noticed Neil alexander has recently signed for livingston aswell. Great goalkeeper in his day
thomasblue

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:58 pm

adamt958 wrote:Happy with this. the fact that people are complaining over who we play in friendlies baffles me.

Plus, who else could we have played with the Portsmouth friendly being cancelled so close to the dates.

Adam, they will give City a tough game, that's what Warnock wants :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby llangainbluebird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm happy enough.
llangainbluebird

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 am

thomasblue wrote:Just noticed Neil alexander has recently signed for livingston aswell. Great goalkeeper in his day

That for me just made it worth going! Hero growing up!
Can't believe he's still playing! I'm in my very early 30s!
Blue_Barber

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:18 pm

Wonder whether the clubbhave ever thought to invite all the Tan owned clubs over and have friendlies here?
Blue_Barber

Postby Pencoed » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:45 pm

The plus side of playing Livingston is they'll of played a few competitive games in the Scottish league cup (started yesterday) so should be up to speed.

However they were playing in Scotland's league 1 last season probably had quite a few semi professional players. Means bar Plymouth and Shrewsbury we're playing semi pro/ amateur sides
Pencoed

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:Wonder whether the clubbhave ever thought to invite all the Tan owned clubs over and have friendlies here?

That could be a good idea have little tournament 2 day event sort of thing
gwentbluebirds

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:07 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Blue_Barber wrote:Wonder whether the clubbhave ever thought to invite all the Tan owned clubs over and have friendlies here?

That could be a good idea have little tournament 2 day event sort of thing

He's got a stake in that new LA United side playing in MLS in a few seasons I'm sure - might be a sign of future plans?
Blue_Barber

Return to General Chat