Interesting one this

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Interesting one this

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:22 pm

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson lifts lid on Lee Tomlin transfer and why he was sold to Cardiff City
Robins' head coach believes that the attacking midfielder was unable to find his best form because of his personal circumstances

Lee Johnson has spoken about the sale of former fans favourite Lee Tomlin during the week to Cardiff City.

Following a sparkling display from Bristol City against Yeovil Town on Saturday, which the Robins won 3-1, Johnson spoke to the media where he responded to questions about transfers, both incoming and outgoing.

In particular, he spoke about the decision to part with Tomlin for a fee reportedly just short of £3m if all clauses are met
"You make a decision and at the end of the day Tommo had three years left on his deal so of course he was part of my plans," he said in response to a question on why he said that Tomlin was part of his plans earlier in the summer.

"If people read the articles properly and not just the headlines you'll see that it's really important that you adhere to the culture at the football club.

"And it's not that Tommo didn't - there's nothing wrong with him, he's a great lad, Tommo - but it wasn't ideal with his personal circumstances with living in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best. We don't blame him for that.

READ MORE
Bobby Reid continues to impress as Bristol City prove form in pre-season clash against Yeovil Town
Lee Tomlin of Bristol City is lifted aloft by Hordur Magnusson of Bristol City as (Tomlin) celebrates his goal
Lee Tomlin (Image: Joe Meredith/JMP)
"An offer came in, it was a decent offer, and it was money that allows us to go and reinvest in the squad where we need to and given the shape changes you make an evaluation of what's right and what's wrong and we sat down with Tommo and felt it was the right thing for him to move on."

14 MINUTES AGOBristolCitizen
If getting to Bristol from Leicester on a regular basis was 'problems with his personal circumstances', how is moving to Cardiff going to help?

Warnock needs to sort this as its no good.I hope one of the conditions of his transfer is he lives a reasonable distance to the training ground.
Sneggyblubird

Interesting one this

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Interesting one this

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Warnock wouldn't have agreed the transfer unless Tomlin agreed to move to the area, I'm positive about that. Warnock talks about Fitz Hall continually getting injuries from driving too far a distance to get to training in his book. I'm sure Warnock will demand Tomlin to relocate here asap.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Warnock wouldn't have agreed the transfer unless Tomlin agreed to move to the area, I'm positive about that. Warnock talks about Fitz Hall continually getting injuries from driving too far a distance to get to training in his book. I'm sure Warnock will demand Tomlin to relocate here asap.

Hope you are right. There are a lot of Burger Kings in those motorway services.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 pm

It is a lot quicker to get to Bristol than it is to Cardiff from Leicester.

If this was the issue for him at the Wurzels then it does not make sense. Must be something else to this for him to come to us surely.
Bakedalasker

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:48 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Warnock wouldn't have agreed the transfer unless Tomlin agreed to move to the area, I'm positive about that. Warnock talks about Fitz Hall continually getting injuries from driving too far a distance to get to training in his book. I'm sure Warnock will demand Tomlin to relocate here asap.

Hope you are right. There are a lot of Burger Kings in those motorway services.

Thats just what I was thinking.I just hope its not a ditzy partner or some other family problem.That much time spent travelling for training is bad enough but when the season starts it must be worse and I can't see how he manages any quality downtime.Enough to give you issues which,if the gossip is to be believed,he has experienced.The guy has got to give himself a chance.How the feck did he manage when he was at Bournemouth.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebina » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 am

Reading between the lines, he has moved because Johnson wasn't strong enough, or carry enough respect to Manage him.

He couldn't even get him to move to the area ?

I'm pretty sure he won't play up to Warnock, he will get the best out of him !!!

Great news for us :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:55 am

Bluebina wrote:Reading between the lines, he has moved because Johnson wasn't strong enough, or carry enough respect to Manage him.

He couldn't even get him to move to the area ?

I'm pretty sure he won't play up to Warnock, he will get the best out of him !!!

Great news for us :ayatollah:

Agree, it's pretty obvious Tomlin is no angel off the field...but I'm sure Warnock wouldn't agree to him living in Leicester...there was probably some sort of compromise deal done that hopefully both parties were happy with.

Warnock is not stupid he has probably come across situations like this hundreds of times in his career
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 am

Sorry Martin I've only just seen yours :thumbright:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186151
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat