' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 am

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson lifts lid on Lee Tomlin transfer and why he was sold to Cardiff City

"Tomlin lives in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best."

By Bristol Post

Sunday 16th July 2017

Lee Johnson has spoken about the sale of former fans favourite Lee Tomlin during the week to Cardiff City.

Following a sparkling display from Bristol City against Yeovil Town on Saturday, which the Robins won 3-1, Johnson spoke to the media where he responded to questions about transfers, both incoming and outgoing.

In particular, he spoke about the decision to part with Tomlin for a fee reportedly just short of £3m if all clauses are met.

"You make a decision and at the end of the day Tommo had three years left on his deal so of course he was part of my plans," he said in response to a question on why he said that Tomlin was part of his plans earlier in the summer.

"If people read the articles properly and not just the headlines you'll see that it's really important that you adhere to the culture at the football club.

"And it's not that Tommo didn't - there's nothing wrong with him, he's a great lad, Tommo - but it wasn't ideal with his personal circumstances with living in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best. We don't blame him for that.

"An offer came in, it was a decent offer, and it was money that allows us to go and reinvest in the squad where we need to and given the shape changes you make an evaluation of what's right and what's wrong and we sat down with Tommo and felt it was the right thing for him to move on."

Meanwhile Lee Johnson revealed that Jens Hegeler had picked up a small injury, ruling him out, of Saturday's game at Yeovil.

He also confirmed that he wanted to strengthen the squad in several positions, including goalkeeper.
Attachments
JMP_Bristol_City_v_Aston_Villa_JM026-1JPG.jpg
JMP_Bristol_City_v_Aston_Villa_JM026-1JPG.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 6485 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 am

Got the talent,yet lazy, Warnock will work on that :ayatollah:
grange_end1927

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:17 am

Hope he makes him rent in Cardiff rather than travelling from Leicester
gwentbluebirds

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:46 am

Are we missing something? BCity basically sold him because his travelling was interfering with his performances! Yet we buy him probably under same conditions why?
pembroke allan

Postby Caerphillyblue1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:44 am

Show him around the Bay, I am sure he'd love living down there :thumbup:
Caerphillyblue1927

Postby john52 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 am

So is he stil going to travel or is he going to move? If he is stil going to travel then this would cause a problem travelling for that long.
john52

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Reply From Facebook

Gareth Hughes
Personally I think that Lee Johnson could not get the best out of Tomlin and got rid. Warnock is the sort of manager who has the ability to get the best out of him. The fact that a lot of the wurzels are gutted that he's gone says an awful lot.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply From Facebook

Gareth Hughes
Personally I think that Lee Johnson could not get the best out of Tomlin and got rid. Warnock is the sort of manager who has the ability to get the best out of him. The fact that a lot of the wurzels are gutted that he's gone says an awful lot.

Annis no doubting his abilities and personality clash aside the article is saying travelling was a problem As this been sorted?
pembroke allan

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Gareth Hughes

Annis no doubting his abilities and personality clash aside the article is saying travelling was a problem As this been sorted?

I would expect Warnock to endure he lives within a reasonable commute
Ebbw Blue

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Gareth Hughes

100 percent agree Annis. Let's face it, the fans are angry so Johnson has to turn the blame onto LT. He's hardly gonna say that they sold to finance a few signings or admit he couldn't get the best out of him.
Recently he was quoted as saying that Tomlinson was in his plans - has Leicester moved further away from Bristol since he said that?!?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby bluebird04 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:08 pm

i am sick of reading these "Warnock will get the best out of him".... why, I don't get it, yes Warnock is a superb man-manager, but if the player doesn't put in the effort then no manager will get the best out of him
bluebird04

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm pretty sure Leicester isn't three hours away. Unless Bristol had him driving one of their tractors?
MarshfieldIsBlue

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 pm

The wurzels are just being the bitter losers they always have been. We could play like Brazil and they'd still say we are shit. They hate the simple fact he wants to play for Cardiff, not them.

They heaped praise on Lee Johnson (and themselves) when then had their brief good start, new breed of young creative coach, nailed on promotion etc. Then as soon as they went into freefall after we beat them the week NW joined, they immediately were calling for his head and for the owner to sell up. Then when they survived, its back to Johnson being their messiah. They are now blaming their slide on Tomlin! Fickle doesn't begin to describe their bag'o'shite fan base.

Tomlin probably didn't want to be at Ashton Gate for most of last season, the same as their fans who were almost at the stage of boycotting. They know that they will struggle again next season especially without Tomlin and Tammy.

The 'distance' excuse is especially lame. Tomlin wants to play for a proven manager who will get the best from him and to be at a club who have stated that they are having a go. Oooaarr.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i am sick of reading these "Warnock will get the best out of him".... why, I don't get it, yes Warnock is a superb man-manager, but if the player doesn't put in the effort then no manager will get the best out of him

It's also can be a case that a player likes to play for a particular manager! And yes some managers do get best out certain players but your right in fact they must want to put in the effort in 1st place :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:10 pm

You have to put yourself in your own work place - why do you work better for some managers than others or even some companies than others because they believe in you etc

I find it hard to imagine Tomlin travelling from Leicester daily to get to training - think of all the bridge fair for one- the gaffer does a lot of training mind doesnt he, from Plymouth so it may actually be something he can relate to- but then I'm sure the club would help with finding accommodation for both of them if NW hasn't already got his that is lol
Blue_Barber

Postby norms76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:You have to put yourself in your own work place - why do you work better for some managers than others or even some companies than others because they believe in you etc

I find it hard to imagine Tomlin travelling from Leicester daily to get to training - think of all the bridge fair for one- the gaffer does a lot of training mind doesnt he, from Plymouth so it may actually be something he can relate to- but then I'm sure the club would help with finding accommodation for both of them if NW hasn't already got his that is lol

Warnock has got a place near Ogmore I believe.
norms76

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 pm

On only the 29th June 2017 he said Tomlinson was still part of his plans for next season. Now what 2 weeks later the driving is an issue and he's better off rid of him?

All B.S. to keep the fans at Bristol off the clubs back.
WelshPatriot

Postby norms76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:On only the 29th June 2017 he said Tomlinson was still part of his plans for next season. Now what 2 weeks later the driving is an issue and he's better off rid of him?

Tomlinson? :wtf: :dontknow:
norms76

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Leicester about 2 1/2 drive daily 5 hours in total :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome :bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm

norms76 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:On only the 29th June 2017 he said Tomlinson was still part of his plans for next season. Now what 2 weeks later the driving is an issue and he's better off rid of him?

Tomlinson? :wtf: :dontknow:

Autocorrect....congratulations on pointing it out.
WelshPatriot

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Welcome :bluebird:

:thumbup: Welcome Lee.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby barry boy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm

He cant even drive and goes everywhere by public transport.
The bus to Leicester changes 3 times and takes 6 hours. And no luggage rack for his boots, and Big Mac meal deals.

I hope Mr Warnock, manager for 40 years and knows nothing about football, knows this. :shock:

How does Manga get home to Gabon every night ? !!
barry boy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

barry boy wrote:He cant even drive and goes everywhere by public transport.
The bus to Leicester changes 3 times and takes 6 hours. And no luggage rack for his boots, and Big Mac meal deals.

I hope Mr Warnock, manager for 40 years and knows nothing about football, knows this. :shock:

How does Manga get home to Gabon every night ? !!

In VTs private pirate ship
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat