Aston Villa took over 2,500 fans away for a friendly

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 am

Villa took over 2,500 fans away to Shrewsbury just for a pre-season friendly, without doubt one of the best away supported clubs in all the leagues.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Aston Villa took over 2,500 fans away for a friendly

Postby MOZZER1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:00 am

think i got shouted down on here last season when i mentioned that the villa support is up there or better than leeds and newcastle who were in our division last season . they draw in support from all over the midlands .
MOZZER1

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:Villa took over 2,500 fans away to Shrewsbury just for a pre-season friendly, without doubt one of the best away supported clubs in all the leagues.

About the same as we took to Taffs Well!!
Attachments
C9Hdny6WAAA6Q8D.jpg
C9Hdny6WAAA6Q8D.jpg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
JJ1927

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 am

JJ1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Villa took over 2,500 fans away to Shrewsbury just for a pre-season friendly, without doubt one of the best away supported clubs in all the leagues.

Taff Well is virtually a village in Cardiff itself.

Are you really going to compare Villa's away support with ours?

We were the 3rd worst in the Championship,just ahead of little Burton.

this was before our last three away games, we ended up below 800.
Attachments
C9Hdny6WAAA6Q8D.jpg
C9Hdny6WAAA6Q8D.jpg (91.3 KiB) Viewed 1328 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:48 am

MOZZER1 wrote:think i got shouted down on here last season when i mentioned that the villa support is up there or better than leeds and newcastle who were in our division last season . they draw in support from all over the midlands .

Mozzer, Leeds have stayed loyal away even after 10 yrs in the Championship, I agree regarding Newcastle.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:think i got shouted down on here last season when i mentioned that the villa support is up there or better than leeds and newcastle who were in our division last season . they draw in support from all over the midlands .

Mozzer, Leeds have stayed loyal away even after 10 yrs in the Championship, I agree regarding Newcastle.

When we had really low crowds back in the 80's and 90's we still had an away following that was the envy of most lower league clubs. I think it may improve this year with the Warnock effect. I know a lot of the old diehards who used to go everywhere stopped after the rebrand and have not returned.
Ebbw Blue

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

JJ1927

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 pm

JJ1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

It was meant as a joke but obviously sense of humour is lacking this morning.
JJ1927

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Shrewsbury is only 45 miles away from Villa Annis. John Terry signing for them would create a huge interest and Villa have a huge fan base anyway, so absolutely no surprise they took 2,500 to Shrewsbury.

With nothing interesting happening at our club last season until Warnock came in, plus many fans having to cut back after the Euros and fans still staying away because of the rebrand, it's no surprise our support was low last season.

This season, it'll be back to normal, fans have financially recovered from France, we have a fresh new season under Warnock and it's the most excited I've been for many seasons. I'm sure this season, we will be back to taking 4,000 to Reading etc.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

Annis, with the double exclamation marks. I'm sure this was a meant as a joke.
:thumbup:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:37 pm

is it just me or does that attendance table make no sense whatsoever to anyone else on here....?

eg..if suddenly we had 4k determined to travel to each and every away game which would put us at the top of this table.
A} how many clubs would give us 4k
B} how many times would the police then step in and reduce the number because police spotters have heard of a top secret plan to have a riot there...

we start at Burton then Wolves neither will give us anything like the amount of tickets required to be in the top half a dozen let alone top..
either we are treated unfairly or the table is plain wrong.
dogfound

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:39 pm

dogfound wrote:is it just me or does that attendance table make no sense whatsoever to anyone else on here....?

eg..if suddenly we had 4k determined to travel to each and every away game which would put us at the top of this table.
B} how many times would the police then step in and reduce the number because police spotters have heard of a top secret plan to have a riot there...

we start at Burton then Wolves neither will give us anything like the amount of tickets required to be in the top half a dozen let alone top..

Will we sell out for Burton and Wolves? I think Burton maybe, Wolves no chance
Ebbw Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:56 pm

dogfound wrote:is it just me or does that attendance table make no sense whatsoever to anyone else on here....?

There in black and white.

We never sold out for Burton Away last season, No restrictions 400 tickets left, yes we will sell out this year first away game.

When did we last sell out Away to Wolves?

We can have 2,500 if we want, will we sell them all?

There has been No need to ask for more tickets at any away game for years a fact.

It was pay on the day and no restrictions for Burnley Away to win the Championship, biggest game away in years, 3,000 seats , we had barely 1,400 there, I was there very sad to see.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:

Will we sell out for Burton and Wolves? I think Burton maybe, Wolves no chance

thats not my point though..
my point is even IF we had huge amounts wanting to travel we could never get an AVERAGE of 3,600 or what ever the top teams get..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

We never sold out for Burton Away last season, No restrictions 400 tickets left, yes we will sell out this year first away game.

There has been No need to ask for more tickets at any away game for years a fact.

It was pay on the day and no restrictions for Burnley Away to win the Championship, biggest game away in years, 3,000 seats , we had barely 1,400 there, I was there very sad to see.

im not saying how great our suport is Annis..
but the black and white list is compiled by who exactly..?????
straight away burton and wolves...evenif we sold out we would then need 7000 to travel to the 3rd game to get the AVERAGE back..
and if you add our away allocatons up for the season then divide by 23 there is no way the average is over 3k.......so how exactly do leeds or villa get all these huge away ends..
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

im not saying how great our suport is Annis..
but the black and white list is compiled by who exactly..?????
straight away burton and wolves...evenif we sold out we would then need 7000 to travel to the 3rd game to get the AVERAGE back..
and if you add our away allocatons up for the season then divide by 23 there is no way the average is over 3k.......so how exactly do leeds or villa get all these huge away ends..

We could of had 3,000 at QPR, 6,000 at Preston/Wigan . 5,000 at Fulham and Blackburn, 4,500 at Reading 2,500 at Brum, 3,000 at Wolves, 5,000 at Sheff Wed . I could go and on, we never sold out one away game last season incl Bristol City away so how can we moan?

We can have 2,500 -3,000 at Leeds we usually take 200

We can have 3,000 at Boro we take less than 100 fans

Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat