Halford?!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Halford?!

Postby bluemun » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:09 pm

According to walesonline not included in our squad for Cornwall and no explanation for the missing leggy lamp-post.
Any reason? (Hope he's going, tbh).
bluemun

Halford?!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Halford???????!!!!!!

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Didn't NW say he'd signed in Jan even though slightly injured and played on with the injury - I'd imagine it's to recoup after getting that injury right?
Blue_Barber

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Wolves are making a £5m bid I heard
BrightBlueFuture

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:26 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Wolves are making a £5m bid I heard

£55million mate get it right
Blue_Barber

Postby TrueBlue99 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Wales Online have got that wrong.
Attachments
Halford.png
Halford.png (51.84 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
TrueBlue99

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't understand the abuse Halford gets. He's solid, no nonsense, dependable, versatile and a very important squad player. I have yet to see Halford let an opponent get the better of him, an example would be Newcastle's Diame, who was anonymous in the first half because Halford was on the pitch. As soon as Halford went off, the game opened up and we conceded 2 goals.

Because Halford came from Rotherham and isn't the easiest player on the eye, he gets slated. I think Halford will prove to be a very important squad player this season. Warnock has brought him in for a reason and he isn't going anywhere, so the best thing we can do is get behind him.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby cs_original » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I don't understand the abuse Halford gets. He's solid, no nonsense, dependable, versatile and a very important squad player. I have yet to see Halford let an opponent get the better of him, an example would be Newcastle's Diame, who was anonymous in the first half because Halford was on the pitch. As soon as Halford went off, the game opened up and we conceded 2 goals.

Because Halford came from Rotherham and isn't the easiest player on the eye, he gets slated. I think Halford will prove to be a very important squad player this season. Warnock has brought him in for a reason and he isn't going anywhere, so the best thing we can do is get behind him.

:thumbup:

Exactly, some fans don't realise some players have a job and are good at it. It was the same with Ben Turner, was so effective but cause he didn't play it out from the back like rio Ferdinand he got pelters.
cs_original

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

Reminds me a bit of Ricky Scimeca. We need to get him 100% fit though to see what he can really do.
BrightBlueFuture

Postby bluemun » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 am

I've seen absolutely nothing to impress me. He's slow, only ever makes the easy pass and is definitely not a midfielder. I hope he proves me wrong, as he wasn't 100 % fit last season.
bluemun

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 am

He'll be an important player for us this season, very undervalued by our fans.

He's not going to do anything spectacular, but he does the simple stuff well and is a great player to bring on when we need to defend a lead.

How often have we lost the lead in the last few seasons? Need players to bring on like Halford to stop that happening so often.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 am

Halford will be a key part of our squad and when called upon to do a job won't let us down.

For those who don't rate him and what he brings to the squad obviously didn't go to Leeds on the Saturday and Derby on the Tuesday he was outstanding in what he did, MOM in both games.

As somebody else mentioned just because we didn't pay a fee and signed him from Rotherham he can't be any good, this guy is more than capable and when called upon never lets us down, Warnock type player.
Llantwit Blue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:00 am

cs_original wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I don't understand the abuse Halford gets. He's solid, no nonsense, dependable, versatile and a very important squad player. I have yet to see Halford let an opponent get the better of him, an example would be Newcastle's Diame, who was anonymous in the first half because Halford was on the pitch. As soon as Halford went off, the game opened up and we conceded 2 goals.

Exactly, some fans don't realise some players have a job and are good at it. It was the same with Ben Turner, was so effective but cause he didn't play it out from the back like rio Ferdinand he got pelters.

Some people are so naïve. Halford Is a rock.
The people slating him haven't played football clearly. To play alongside him in centre midfield must be an absolute dream.
He wins most if not every tackle, he's strong and good in the air and doesn't try anything he knows he cant do.
People like him need more recognition.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Alan_in_China » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:55 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Reminds me a bit of Ricky Scimeca. We need to get him 100% fit though to see what he can really do.

Sorry, but he's nothing like Ricky Scimeca - different kinds of players.

Scimeca would come deep looking for the ball, move forward very directly and offload it to one of the front men. Halford is more of a spoiler than a creator like Simeca was.
Alan_in_China

Postby bluemun » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Exactly.....He's a rock! Big, strong and doesn't move!
bluemun

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:50 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
cs_original wrote:

Some people are so naïve. Halford Is a rock.
The people slating him haven't played football clearly. To play alongside him in centre midfield must be an absolute dream.
He wins most if not every tackle, he's strong and good in the air and doesn't try anything he knows he cant do.
People like him need more recognition.

not sure if he is good enough...but do like and agree with the ..doesnt try anything he knows he cant do..line.
its a huge quality that never gets any credit..
dogfound

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:42 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Reminds me a bit of Ricky Scimeca.

Really? Scimeca for me was a much more attack minded player. Halford is almost a dictionary definition of holding midfielder. Solid, does a lot of unnoticed work, rarely beaten and economical on the ball.

Slightly off point but I always thought Don Cowie would have been an excellent holding midfielder instead of a winger.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:09 pm

bluemun wrote:I've seen absolutely nothing to impress me. He's slow, only ever makes the easy pass and is definitely not a midfielder. I hope he proves me wrong, as he wasn't 100 % fit last season.

Think you hit the nail on the head...don't think he was ever fully fit last year and he didn't impress me at all

However, in fairness he has always done pretty well at whatever club he has been at...so hopefully he will come good next season
oohahhPaulMillar

Return to General Chat