' Sean Morrison '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Sean Morrison '

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:15 am

Sean Morrison wants to stay at Cardiff City and Neil Warnock has no intention of selling his skipper

By Chris Wathan

Sunday 16th July 2017

Sean Morrison has told Neil Warnock he wants to stay at Cardiff City after the Bluebirds beat off £4m interest from Sheffield Wednesday for his captain.

The Owls are thought to have lodged bids last month for the centre-back who was last season hailed as one of his rapidly improving side’s unsung heroes.

Warnock has not confirmed Wednesday’s offer, but did admit there has been cash bids put the Bluebirds’ way to try and lure the defender away from south Wales.

The 68-year-old admits that further bids could yet tempt the club into doing a deal, but says that the player has made it clear he has no desire to quit Cardiff City Stadium.

And, with less than a month to go before the start of the new Championship campaign, Warnock is keen for the speculation to stop as he plans for a crack at promotion following a summer of seven new signings.

Warnock wants to keep Morrison to go with fellow centre-halves Sol Bamba and Bruno Manga, and he said: “We had offers – and they keep going up. I’m not prepared to say who the clubs are but Sean is our captain and he’s been brilliant all along.

“We want to keep him and he’s happy to stay here. You never know in football, if clubs keep improving offers it can get to a stage where you have to be realistic.

“I’ve kept him informed of the situation, but he loves it here and hopefully over the next week or two we can put that to bed.”

Warnock says the support of Cardiff chiefs including CEO Ken Choo, chairman Mehmet Dalman and owner Vincent Tan has been keen in swatting away potential suitors in Morrison, adding: “They’ve been great, right from the start of that situation when it went to £4m and other things as well.

“I told them I didn’t want anyone to leave and they’ve supported that. Vincent doesn’t want Morrison to go and has told me that. When I spoke to him last weekend he was like a little boy he was that excited!”
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Brentford.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Brentford.jpg (36.82 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

' Sean Morrison '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Sean Morrison '

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sean Morrison wants to stay at Cardiff City and Neil Warnock has no intention of selling his skipper

By Chris Wathan

Sunday 16th July 2017

Sean Morrison has told Neil Warnock he wants to stay at Cardiff City after the Bluebirds beat off £4m interest from Sheffield Wednesday for his captain.

The Owls are thought to have lodged bids last month for the centre-back who was last season hailed as one of his rapidly improving side’s unsung heroes.

Warnock has not confirmed Wednesday’s offer, but did admit there has been cash bids put the Bluebirds’ way to try and lure the defender away from south Wales.

The 68-year-old admits that further bids could yet tempt the club into doing a deal, but says that the player has made it clear he has no desire to quit Cardiff City Stadium.

And, with less than a month to go before the start of the new Championship campaign, Warnock is keen for the speculation to stop as he plans for a crack at promotion following a summer of seven new signings.

Warnock wants to keep Morrison to go with fellow centre-halves Sol Bamba and Bruno Manga, and he said: “We had offers – and they keep going up. I’m not prepared to say who the clubs are but Sean is our captain and he’s been brilliant all along.

“We want to keep him and he’s happy to stay here. You never know in football, if clubs keep improving offers it can get to a stage where you have to be realistic.

“I’ve kept him informed of the situation, but he loves it here and hopefully over the next week or two we can put that to bed.”

Warnock says the support of Cardiff chiefs including CEO Ken Choo, chairman Mehmet Dalman and owner Vincent Tan has been keen in swatting away potential suitors in Morrison, adding: “They’ve been great, right from the start of that situation when it went to £4m and other things as well.

“I told them I didn’t want anyone to leave and they’ve supported that. Vincent doesn’t want Morrison to go and has told me that. When I spoke to him last weekend he was like a little boy he was that excited!”

I would have sold Morrison for 4 million, in my opinion he is not a leader and is slow, doesn't win enough headers in his own box and as poor distribution. If Warnock plays 4 at the back can't see him playing regularly. We could have used the money to strengthen in other areas.
Ebbw Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am

I'm glad you're not the manager then.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 am

I'm happy for him to stay such a powerful player and good for 5 or 6 goals a season as well as a few assists from headers back into box. Glad to hear he wants to stay nice to have players wanting to play for us. Maybe he's not a shouting screaming captain but obviously has something about him either that or Warnock is clueless when choosing his captain :lol: :roll:
gwentbluebirds

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sean Morrison wants to stay at Cardiff City and Neil Warnock has no intention of selling his skipper

By Chris Wathan

Sunday 16th July 2017

I would have sold Morrison for 4 million, in my opinion he is not a leader and is slow, doesn't win enough headers in his own box and as poor distribution. If Warnock plays 4 at the back can't see him playing regularly. We could have used the money to strengthen in other areas.

Darren, 100% I would of sold Morrison if we really did have that offer.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:09 am

So would you select him ahead of Bamba and Manga?
Ebbw Blue

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:

By Chris Wathan

Sunday 16th July 2017

Darren, 100% I would of sold Morrison if we really did have that offer.

Agree Annis if we had a 4 million bid I would have definitely sold
Ebbw Blue

Postby fred keenor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 am

Sounss like a new contract in the offing
fred keenor

Postby Llantwit Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:07 am

We will never all agree but for Me Morrison who didn't miss a game last season was excellent
Llantwit Blue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Agree Annis if we had a 4 million bid I would have definitely sold

Same here if there really was a £4m offer I would have taken it. SM is in the last year of his contract and will be worth zilch this time next year, that's a good enough reason.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:So would you select him ahead of Bamba and Manga?

It's not just about selection it's about the season 3 superb cb's gives options and cover and rotation during season. Tiredness poor form African cup of nations etc.
1st game I think Morrison and Bamba/Manga will start
gwentbluebirds

Postby JJ1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

It's not just about selection it's about the season 3 superb cb's gives options and cover and rotation during season. Tiredness poor form African cup of nations etc.

I don't think there is an African Cup of Nations this January as its world cup year.
JJ1927

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:24 pm

I'd play a three of Bamba Morrison and Manga I think it's got the potential to be exceptional.

I'd also change the captaincy and give it to Gunnarsson, I think maybe that will allow Morrison to concentrate on his own game - we known Gunnar can do it as he does for Iceland.

I understand the criticism of Morrison he's frustrating to watch sometimes especially in position and in particular the aerial battles BUT I still rate him, there were FAR worse players on the pitch over the season - I think it's a good idea to keep - if Warnock plays 3 at back then id rather him than Connolly - I'd even have Pelts as cover over Connolly
Blue_Barber

Postby nubbsy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:42 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Exactly, you don't need 11 quality players to get promotion. You need quality and experience throughout the whole squad. And let's not forget manga is very injury prone.

Warnock rates him higher than 4m. Yet some people on here think he could do better for the money? I think warnock knows the answer and hence why he's chosen to keep him.
nubbsy

Postby wez1927 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:26 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:We will never all agree but for Me Morrison who didn't miss a game last season was excellent
agree ,he wins everything in the air and for this league hes probably one of the best defenders and its no surprise that other clubs want him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby nigelelec » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 am

It is good to have players who wants to the club .
nigelelec

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am

What a strange comment.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am

wez1927 wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:We will never all agree but for Me Morrison who didn't miss a game last season was excellent
agree ,he wins everything in the air and for this league hes probably one of the best defenders and its no surprise that other clubs want him

Spot on Llantwit and wez!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.
If we let him go then we'll see more of Halford on the pitch and then plenty of people will realise what Morrison brings to the team.
Gaynor Straight

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.
If we let him go then we'll see more of Halford on the pitch and then plenty of people will realise what Morrison brings to the team.

Forgetting we have Peltier, Connelly & Patteron who can play CB?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.

No but if Warnock plays 3CBs away from home like he did a few times last season then, if fit and available, I'd rather it include Morrison plus Bamba and Manga instead of Halford. That's what last seasons hierarchy seemed to be.
Gaynor Straight

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.

No but if Warnock plays 3CBs away from home like he did a few times last season then, if fit and available, I'd rather it include Morrison plus Bamba and Manga instead of Halford. That's what last seasons hierarchy seemed to be.

all 3 of the above will be picked ahead of Halford at CB role IMO. Halford will be used to close out games away from home or when players need to rest.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.

all 3 of the above will be picked ahead of Halford at CB role IMO. Halford will be used to close out games away from home or when players need to rest.

Exactly
Gaynor Straight

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.

Exactly

Am I missing something here? confused

Peltier, Connelly & Patterson I meant?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Gaynor Straight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Got to agree.

Exactly

Am I missing something here? confused

Peltier, Connelly & Patterson I meant?

Oh I see. I meant Morrison Manga and Bamba.
Let's just agree that we've got plenty of cover available and that Halford isn't in the top 3.
Gaynor Straight

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Personally for me Manga and Bamba are first choice, that leaves Morrison on the bench. Do we have the budget to have a 4/5m defender on the bench? I don't think so especially when we have Connolly who is more than capable as back up.

Id use the money to spend 2m on a CM and 1m on a younger CB and the rest on wages.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Personally for me Manga and Bamba are first choice, that leaves Morrison on the bench. Do we have the budget to have a 4/5m defender on the bench? I don't think so especially when we have Connolly who is more than capable as back up.

Id use the money to spend 2m on a CM and 1m on a younger CB and the rest on wages.

Warnock has done nothing but praise Morrison since he has been here..
if i was picking the team..it would be same choice as you..but i think Neil could well see SM as his main guy.
dogfound

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 pm

dogfound wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Personally for me Manga and Bamba are first choice, that leaves Morrison on the bench. Do we have the budget to have a 4/5m defender on the bench? I don't think so especially when we have Connolly who is more than capable as back up.

Warnock has done nothing but praise Morrison since he has been here..
if i was picking the team..it would be same choice as you..but i think Neil could well see SM as his main guy.

Yup.. plus he's said he will be captain and he's explained that he's the main man
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby boyo1927 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 pm

In today's market keep him unless 5m is offered, if it is all needs to be reinvested into team, as we have 3 quality centre backs we could afford to lose one!
boyo1927

Postby norms76 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Manga does get injured a fair bit & Bamba missed the last 5/6 games so having Morrison stay here is vital if we're serious about challenging for top six honours.
norms76

Next

Return to General Chat