Dark horse

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dark horse

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Out of the squad we have so far and what we actually know of each player who is your dark horse to emerge and make a impact like zohore last season my are loic damour idriss Saudi and matty Kennedy :bluebird: :ayatollah:
Pembroke bluebird

Dark horse

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Dark horse

Postby stentona » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Gotta be Loic Damour and Mendez Laing
stentona

Postby norms76 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:Out of the squad we have so far and what we actually know of each player who is your dark horse to emerge and make a impact like zohore last season my are loic damour idriss Saudi and matty Kennedy :bluebird: :ayatollah:

I'm hoping Danny Ward comes good & hopefully Warnock can get the best out of Tomlin. If they come good we'll be a dangerous side to play against. :bluescarf:
norms76

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 pm

I don't know why but I have a feeling that Nathaniel Mendez-Laing will have a great season. I don't think he'll be first choice but once he gets his chance, I can see him doing well.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby theclaw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 pm

norms76 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:Out of the squad we have so far and what we actually know of each player who is your dark horse to emerge and make a impact like zohore last season my are loic damour idriss Saudi and matty Kennedy :bluebird: :ayatollah:

I'm hoping Danny Ward comes good & hopefully Warnock can get the best out of Tomlin. If they come good we'll be a dangerous side to play against. :bluescarf:

:thumbup:
theclaw

Postby phildavies » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm

I mean I wouldn't say hes a dark horse as we have brought him in to do a job but I think Damour will turn out to be critical to us this season. Also think Healey will have an impact when hes back from injury Warnock is finally the manager who realises his talent and will give him chances to shine.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Callum Paterson will hopefully be a superstar by next May. :occasion5:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:37 pm

I'd go with those three as well :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Rhys Healey to make an impact late in the season.
nubbsy

Postby Double G » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:15 pm

saadi or mendez laing for me. think saadi may take the goalscoring pressure away from big ken
Double G

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:11 am

From everything I have heard about him...Patterson if he recovers from his injury will be a very shrewd signing

A very different full back to what we have come to expect!!
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby JayCee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:26 am

Looking at the comments on here we have some exciting prospects in the squad this year. If they gel and the majority play well for most if tgw season we've got a great season to look forward to. Key players are Loic Damour to provide a solid foundation and our wingers who all have the potential to shine.
JayCee

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 am

Black Beauty
nubbsy

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Loic Damour has always had the potential, United almost bought him but he was a right d*ck apparently, terrible attitude. He seems to have turned a corner and the ability is 100% there. If he can sort himself out he is top class!
TAP_Sheep

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:01 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:

Loic Damour has always had the potential, United almost bought him but he was a right d*ck apparently, terrible attitude. He seems to have turned a corner and the ability is 100% there. If he can sort himself out he is top class!

Where did you hear that? Nothing online suggests this apart from one person on a form mentioning him
bluebird7291

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:09 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

Where did you hear that? Nothing online suggests this apart from one person on a form mentioning him

The Frenchman told the local press back in May: "I'm 26 years old. I was 17 then. I had a bit of a bug. I made mistakes. I left Strasbourg in 2011 as a pretentious young con. I was a little s***.

"I already saw myself in Manchester United. I did not behave like a pro."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... 294065.amp
TAP_Sheep

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:16 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

The Frenchman told the local press back in May: "I'm 26 years old. I was 17 then. I had a bit of a bug. I made mistakes. I left Strasbourg in 2011 as a pretentious young con. I was a little s***.

awww so they never actually went after him, he's just saying he was young with bad attitude and believed he was already a super star
bluebird7291

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

That doesn't say united almost bought him
nubbsy

Postby dogfound » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 pm

personally id like to see players graduate from our accademy into our 1st team...
dogfound

Postby mucker » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:40 am

Rhys Healey was getting better all the time .Hopefully he'll come back stronger after rehab in the gym.Showed real class for a youngster.
mucker

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 am

dogfound wrote:personally id like to see players graduate from our accademy into our 1st team...

So would I. Watched a few development games last year and I really like the look of Jamie Veale (defensive midfielder) and Marco Weymans (attacking midfielder). Jamie is a Gunnar type player and Marco reminds me of a young Whitts. I really hope both get a look in at some point providing they continue to develop.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 am

I think Saadi looks like he is making progres, and may have a bit of potential. Looking at our squad, I think as far as the play offs are concerned we will be there or close to being there, and I am surprised the bookies think there are around twelve teams who have a better chance of promotion than us. I would have thought we should be in the top eight or nine at the very least.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:11 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think Saadi looks like he is making progres, and may have a bit of potential. Looking at our squad, I think as far as the play offs are concerned we will be there or close to being there, and I am surprised the bookies think there are around twelve teams who have a better chance of promotion than us. I would have thought we should be in the top eight or nine at the very least.

If memory serves Steve I don't think we were that well fancied at the start when we won the division.
Sneggyblubird

Return to General Chat