Hmmm? " CARDIFF CITY ARE WRITTEN OFF "

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Personally I don't agree, I expect City to make 6th place only because of Neil Warnock :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK LOVES TO DEFY THE ODDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are predicted to finish 15th in this season's Championship according to odds from the bookmakers( Coral bookmakers)
Attachments
20292761_1430685093674512_8110778864058859395_n.png
20292761_1430685093674512_8110778864058859395_n.png (734.65 KiB) Viewed 25002 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Hmmm? " CARDIFF CITY ARE WRITTEN OFF "

Postby DEANO » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Pretty much spot on to me
DEANO

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Any 6 of the top 16 clubs on there are capable of finishing in the top 6.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:10 pm

It looks difficult on paper doesn't,t it, the top nine are pretty good Championship teams!!

The bookies are usually along the right lines but, I'm suprised with Warnock's record and our improvement last season, when Warnock arrived and Zohore that we are not in the top ten?

It's hard to tell yet, but we surely must have a chance of the playoffs at least.....
Bluebina

Postby Sven » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:20 pm

We just need to concentrate on what's in front of us (starting with Burton Albion) and let the others round us trip themselves against each other. There are always surprise teams at the top and the bottom and we are lucky enough to have an experienced manger who can mould and motivate a team of hard-working winners!

It wasn't so long ago we used to hate Neil Warnock's teams coming here because we knew we were in for a tough game! A number of Sheffield United games and a certain QPR match/battle immediately spring to mind! ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 pm

DEANO wrote:Pretty much spot on to me

Thought the opposite. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:50 pm

I'll be surprised if that's close to being right.

Hull and Sunderland will both be a lot further down the table I think. Both of those clubs have lost a lot of players and not brought in great replacements.

Agree with Middlesbrough being up there but I genuinely think that Villa may struggle for a top six place. There's a lot of egos in that team and not sure some of their players are up for the fight.

Then you have the likes of us, Sheffield United, Forest, Leeds and Reading who would all expect to be further up the table.

I'm sticking with my prediction that we'll finish 4th or 5th this season.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:19 pm

I think top ten is achievable with an outside chance of squeezing into a play off place.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pezza4646 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Top 10..maybe a bitmuch for play offs...WE are capable on the day like to dee odds of going up via play offs
pezza4646

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Top 10 for me that's it but not amongst the plays offs sorry.
Dahboy

Postby City Slicker » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 pm

You can be sure that table will be very very different come season end. I for one will take it with a pinch of salt. No other team has a Zohore, Tomlin, Gunnar or Warnock thank goodness :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 pm

The Championship is just to un predictable to judge it. Truth is it wouldn't surprise me to see this table up side down.
Nuclearblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:39 pm

No Easy Games In The Championship ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:44 pm

DEANO wrote:Pretty much spot on to me

I'm afraid I have to agree.

Not enamoured with our signings but am fully aware that NW knows what it takes to build a Championship team.

I just think we have become blinkered by what NW has do e in the past.

Here's hoping he can continue and he has bought the right players to make a "team".
Wayne S

Postby phildavies » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:46 am

Cant agree with most of the teams who are above us on this
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:47 am

I think this is the strongest championship ever. I cant remember a season when i have no idea who is going to win it because so many teams are that strong. Im struggling to even pick the top 6 . You can make an arguement for 10 teams easily

Wolves are my outside bet to win the league, the signings they are making are premier league level.
thomasblue

Postby goats » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:56 am

Neil will love that, so do I, perfect.
What a great league it is, proper football clubs.... :bluescarf:
goats

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 am

I'm going for a top ten position, higher than the bookies have predicted but outside the play offs. I'm not too impressed with the players we've brought in but, of course, trust Warnock to know what he's doing.
There's always a chance to get in the top 6 and that's what I'm hoping for.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby welshrod » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:24 am

A good start is important to bring the crowds in, if that happens then top 10 pushing top 6 hopefully. :bluescarf:
welshrod

Postby JJ1927 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:07 am

Once you get below the Premier League the bookies are no more informed than your average fan. Wonder what price they had Huddesfield to be promoted last year? If we can stay injury free up front we should be able to challenge for top 6.
JJ1927

Postby Fusilier23 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:26 am

Top 6 for me - especially with NW in charge :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:16 am

I think 8th or 9th, but would be surprised to see Sheffield United & Brentford and possibly Birmingham finish above us. I certainly don't see Norwich as a Top 4 side either and Wolves may be spending big but I don't think they are play off material. Personally, I think Boro will win the league but wouldn't be at all surprised if Villa finish outside the play offs again. As many have said - its going to be an exciting and difficult league again.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I think 8th or 9th, but would be surprised to see Sheffield United & Brentford and possibly Birmingham finish above us. I certainly don't see Norwich as a Top 4 side either and Wolves may be spending big but I don't think they are play off material. Personally, I think Boro will win the league but wouldn't be at all surprised if Villa finish outside the play offs again. As many have said - its going to be an exciting and difficult league again.

I agree with you about our likely position at the end of the season. If I was putting money on it, I would probably go for 8th or 9th. I am confident we can be top ten, and hope that if we have some luck we can even scrape into the play offs. I know that is unlikely, and your prediction is a far better bet, but I live in hope and you never know.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:I think 8th or 9th, but would be surprised to see Sheffield United & Brentford and possibly Birmingham finish above us. I certainly don't see Norwich as a Top 4 side either and Wolves may be spending big but I don't think they are play off material. Personally, I think Boro will win the league but wouldn't be at all surprised if Villa finish outside the play offs again. As many have said - its going to be an exciting and difficult league again.

I agree with you about our likely position at the end of the season. If I was putting money on it, I would probably go for 8th or 9th. I am confident we can be top ten, and hope that if we have some luck we can even scrape into the play offs. I know that is unlikely, and your prediction is a far better bet, but I live in hope and you never know.

yes mate - always hopeful and there is usually a dark horse. Lets hope its us !! I became very disillusioned and gave up my season ticket under Slade's second season. I haven't quite taken the step back by buying one yet, but am going down tonight to have a look and am very much looking forward to it
Bluebird For Life

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

Top 8 I'm Guna say a few of those big teams with flop this year without a doubt.
nubbsy

Postby MoodyBluebird » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:27 pm

I would be surprised if we finished any lower than 8th but not overly surprised if we managed to sneak into a play-off position. However, I still believe we are 2 quality players from virtually guaranteeing a top 6 finish. No prizes for guessing that one of these should be a classy midfielder - think a more dynamic Whitts.
MoodyBluebird

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:58 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:I would be surprised if we finished any lower than 8th but not overly surprised if we managed to sneak into a play-off position. However, I still believe we are 2 quality players from virtually guaranteeing a top 6 finish. No prizes for guessing that one of these should be a classy midfielder - think a more dynamic Whitts.

A Whitts in his prime but more dynamic!
I think we'd need around 20 mill in today's prices to pay for that player.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby MoodyBluebird » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:27 pm

20 million !! Maybe a better scouting system would help. Just look at the players a 'smaller' club like Barnsley have produced over the last few years.
MoodyBluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:06 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Once you get below the Premier League the bookies are no more informed than your average fan. Wonder what price they had Huddesfield to be promoted last year? If we can stay injury free up front we should be able to challenge for top 6.

I'm inclined to agree.AV are last seasons Derby in my view.Bookies always go for the teams that spend the money but we all know that doesn't work.Unlike last year I can't see anything head and shoulders above us,besides,all the pressure will be on the likes of Villa and Boro to perform from day one and if they ain't challenging for the auto's I can see a couple of managerial vacancies in the new year.
Sneggyblubird

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Personally I don't agree, I expect City to make 6th place only because of Neil Warnock :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

NEIL WARNOCK LOVES TO DEFY THE ODDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City are predicted to finish 15th in this season's Championship according to odds from the bookmakers( Coral bookmakers)

So nothing to do with the players playing 46 games?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Next

Return to Gambler's Den