Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' ASTON VILLA FORUMWATCH - WHAT THEY ARE SAYING '

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:06 pm

Here's a link to their pre-match thread, always worth a read to see their opinions. There was a good thread earlier from a Villa fan who seemed sensible and I think the general sentiment is that they are wary of NW and are questioning Steve Bruce's use of players. They sound quite low on confidence and I think the pressure will now be on them even more after being expected to bounce back to the PL last season. Based on our last outing with them and the improvements we've made, I'm going for 2-0. It's going to be a cracking game I think.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16689-pre-match-thread/

:bluebird:

Re: ' ASTON VILLA FORUMWATCH - WHAT THEY ARE SAYING '

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:11 pm

TBH they don't seem to be low on confidence with nearly all predicting a Villa win. Indeed some of the posts seem to be over confident if anything.

Looking at their predicted line ups it doesn't seem to be that good especially with the aged trio of Terry, Hutton and Agbonlahor being named in nearly all of them.

If we can get our speed merchants moving I can see us running rings around their rather static defence.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Can't wait to have a look at the Villa forum later. I suspect their not so over-confident tonight.
:bluebird:

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Bump

I'll have a good laugh over there with a few bevvies later

Fantastic today

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:18 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Bump

I'll have a good laugh over there with a few bevvies later

Fantastic today

Catching up on it now. And it's a thing of beauty. Already calling for Bruce's head and worrying that 'if we get shredded by Cardiff, what will the big teams do to us?'. I honestly think Villa are deluded about themselves and about how this Championship league actually works. Scruffy twats too. Enjoy the reading and beverages.
:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Match thread comments link - Giggedy:

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16696-m ... f-v-villa/

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Match thread comments link - Giggedy:

This statement made me laugh. :laughing6:

Not sure why they're time wasting. They're rubbishing their goal difference

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 pm

lyndipops wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Match thread comments link - Giggedy:

This statement made me laugh. :laughing6:

Not sure why they're time wasting. They're rubbishing their goal difference

I did think the same.

Although at the same time at 85mins I'm still saying they could come back, seen to many city games I think.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:15 am

Jesus Christ and I thought our fans were terrible for making one player a scapegoat why do they hate Hutton so much :lol:

Also we are "poor team" apprantely love how other fans and the bookies have completely underrated us leading into this season roll on Tuesday. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 am

phildavies wrote:Jesus Christ and I thought our fans were terrible for making one player a scapegoat why do they hate Hutton so much :lol:

Also we are "poor team" apprantely love how other fans and the bookies have completely underrated us leading into this season roll on Tuesday. :ayatollah:

Even if misinformed, surely no Villa fan that went to the game would think we are a poor team now ????

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:21 am

it does come across on their forum before and after the game that Villa fans are bit deluded. Their opinion on Cardiff like many other fans of different clubs,most pundits and bookmakers. Most people excpect us to mid table cloggers. I really did think we could get at Villa yesterday but we will have harder tests this season. Villa fans seem to forget that we finished above them last year. We are moving upwards again and the league better be ready for the Bluebirds' rise.

Who cares what the rest think anyway. With our gaffer running the show anythings possible. Siege mentality boys and girls :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 pm

After a whole season of not being great. I don't think its entirely harsh for them to still say we aren't challengers. We are in good form and played well at the tail end of the season, so from the outsiders who aren't looking at every result, it definitely looks like we are a mid table side.
As for the hate for Hutton - justifiable, all that money spent and they didnt do anything to resolve it. Old, slow, defending was poor.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Cardiff are a shit team, with shit players and a shit manager. If you can't go to these players confident of a result then you don't deserve to get promoted.

1-3.

:lol: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :wave: :thumbright: