Neil Warnock: "Terry v Zohore"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:42 am

Terry v Zohore

NEIL WARNOCK:

"He’s a young lad and it’s a good experience for him, he won’t have played against that quality yet. As a young lad you want to see what it’s all about, it will be interesting to see what comes out of it."

"Sometimes you hit a wall and say ‘wow’ that’s what it’s about. You always learn from experience, good or bad. Ken will be better for it. Ken’s only just started. I wouldn’t say wasted (his career so far), but it’s taken him a while to focus on what he can do in the game and now the sky’s the limit. This is a good test In a couple of years he’ll be playing against players of that quality every week. Hopefully for Cardiff.”
Attachments
PicMonkey-Collage-17.jpg
PicMonkey-Collage-17.jpg (33.73 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Warnock: "Terry v Zohore"

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 am

Kennys Guna get ya! Kennys Guna get ya!
nubbsy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:35 am

I think JT will be shocked by the standard in this league.
Zohore is big strong and quick. I think Terry could struggle with the pace tomorrow.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:38 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I think JT will be shocked by the standard in this league.
Zohore is big strong and quick. I think Terry could struggle with the pace tomorrow.

...providing KZ gets good service. The game could be won or lost with this I think.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:42 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I think JT will be shocked by the standard in this league.

...providing KZ gets good service. The game could be won or lost with this I think.

Agreed.
Hopefully NML starts as he'll cause taylor all sorts or problems I think
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby JakeBluebird » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:37 pm

I think if Zohore is a handful Tomlin/Ward will be able to get in behind villa's defence and punish them
JakeBluebird

Postby nubbsy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Feed the dane and he will score
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 am

Kenneth Zohore: Cardiff striker faces test against 'dying breed' John Terry - Warnock

BBC

12/08/17

Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore will be trying to find a way past Aston Villa defender John Terry

Cardiff striker Kenneth Zohore will confront a "dying breed" in Aston Villa captain John Terry on Saturday, says Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock.

Zohore, 23, was Cardiff's top scorer last season with 12 goals.

The Dane will be marked by former England skipper Terry, 36, who joined Villa from Chelsea this summer.

"It'll be another experience for him because he won't have played against the quality of John Terry yet," said Warnock.

"There aren't any leaders anymore - John Terry's a dying breed and you need that on the pitch.

"As a young lad you want to see what it's about. You hit a brick wall and you think, 'wow, is it that good?'

"Ken's only just started his career really. I wouldn't say wasted it, but it's taken him a while to focus on what he can do in the game and now the sky's the limit, and this is a good test.

"In a couple of years he'll be playing against John Terrys every week, hopefully for Cardiff."

Zohore joined Cardiff from Belgian club Kortrijk in February 2016 on loan initially and, after an underwhelming start to his career in south Wales, he was a player transformed in the second half of last season.

All 12 of his goals came after Warnock's appointment in October, and his improvement has prompted interest from rival clubs.

'The sort money Steve Bruce has spent on John Terry we haven't spent on the whole Cardiff squad' - Neil Warnock

However, Warnock is determined to keep the muscular forward, who scored the only goal in Cardiff's victory at Burton on the opening weekend of this Championship campaign.

On Saturday the Bluebirds host Villa, whose extensive spending under manager Steve Bruce has seen them tipped for a return to the Premier League.

"The sort of money Steve has spent on John Terry we haven't spent on the whole squad," said Warnock.

"It's a fantastic signing, I know exactly where Steve is coming from. He'll be giving experience to those around him.

"All credit to him. Yeah he's on a good wage but he could have earned more abroad and I think it's great he's gone with Steve and another chapter to his story."
Attachments
_97294848_zohore_terry.jpg
_97294848_zohore_terry.jpg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby angelis1949 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:22 am

If we are to get anything out of today's game two things need to happen, one. Warnock has to get his team selection and formation spot on and two. the team has to play for the full 90 minutes not 45
angelis1949

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:27 am

angelis1949 wrote:If we are to get anything out of today's game two things need to happen, one. Warnock has to get his team selection and formation spot on and two. the team has to play for the full 90 minutes not 45

Do they not deserve a 'break' after 45 mins? :?

Come to think of it mind, we could score some goals when Villa are having theirs! ;) :ayatollah: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Well that one was settled
nubbsy

Return to General Chat