VOTE " MOTM v Aston Villa (h) "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Aston Villa at home?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Neil Etheridge
No votes
Lee Peltier
No votes
Sean Morrison
No votes
Sol Bamba
6%
Joe Bennett
No votes
Aron Gunnarsson
No votes
Loic Damour
11%
Joe Ralls
3%
Junior Hoilett
8%
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
64%
Kenneth Zohore
6%
Jazz Richards (sub)
No votes
Danny Ward (sub)
No votes
Matthew Kennedy (sub)
2%

Total votes : 116

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:00 pm

A fantastic win for Cardiff City today and now two out of two in the league :thumbright:

Who was your man of the match?

48 hours to vote :ayatollah:
Attachments
IMG_2144.JPG
IMG_2144.JPG (278.69 KiB) Viewed 7711 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VOTE " MOTM v Aston Villa (h) "

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Mendez :ayatollah:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Mendez Laing gets my vote. But there was some huge performances today. Junior was great at linking the play and holding it up. Loic had a great game and you can see what he offers us as a box to box CM albeit in a more advanced position today. And I'm not normally a Ralls fan but he was superb today, a few misplaced passes is what cost him my MOTM over Mendez Laing. Defence looked solid again which is a massive boost. We look like a very good team. Roll on Sheff Utd Tuesday.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Rock the Casbah » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing....Wow

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Rock the Casbah

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Good to see everyone putting in a shift today, and this win was definitely down to the performance of the whole team. I imagine the Villa fans who criticised Warnock and the way he sets out his team to play would gladly swap him for Bruce right now if they had the chance.
Looks like most of the predictions on here about the crowd figure were not far away. Over 20k but less than 25k seemed to be the common predictions. If we can stay in the play off positions, or at least very close to them, I can see us getting in excess of 20k for most home games, but a long way to go yet so not going to get over excited at this early stage. League table means nothing until about 12 games in, but a promising start. Lets hope we can keep it up, and are able to bounce back when the inevitable defeats come about.
Steve Zodiak

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Mendez-Laing for me but could have been a few candidates.
Hoilet especially first half, probably the best game I've seen him play creating and scoring.
Morrison & Bamba like rocks in our back line.
Zahore - superb!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby theclaw » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:58 pm

Straight shoot out between Mendez-Laing and Zohore.I'll go fore Zohore even tho he didnt score he had a great game and was kept out by the overall man of the match their goalkeeper!!
theclaw

Postby Krutches » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Laing or demour both had great games
Krutches

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:21 pm

This is a bit of a lucky dip for me... :?

Full backs were solid, Centre halfs awesome. The game passed Gunnar by, but when we needed that last ditch tackle he made it. Ralls was the (nearly) perfect continuity midfielder linking defence and attack, Demour looks a potential superstar as a box to box all rounder. And the front three were scary........

For me its all built on defensive foundations and Sol was different gravy, so Sol for me.......But, we shouldn't pick one player it was a team performance. :ayatollah:
llan bluebird

Postby KBK-13 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Mendez-Laing was excellent, thought it was Ralls best game for us. Bamba sliced a few clearances and headers first half but the back 4 were solid, especially second half. Damour looks a great find. Zohore had a few chances but the keeper saved well 3 times with his feet and Hoilett was dangerous.
KBK-13

Postby phildavies » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Has to be Mendez Laing though serveral others were also excellent especially Gunnerson, Houlett, Zohore and Bamba
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 pm

llan bluebird wrote:This is a bit of a lucky dip for me... :?

Full backs were solid, Centre halfs awesome. The game passed Gunnar by, but when we needed that last ditch tackle he made it. Ralls was the (nearly) perfect continuity midfielder linking defence and attack, Demour looks a potential superstar as a box to box all rounder. And the front three were scary........

For me its all built on defensive foundations and Sol was different gravy, so Sol for me.......But, we shouldn't pick one player it was a team performance. :ayatollah:

Agree with every word of that and for me it is also Sol Bamba who played the perfect centre-half game. Although Villa appeared to offer very little, Horton was a right nascence with bags of pace on the counter attack but Bamba was always out thinking him to nullify his threat.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:37 pm

I thought even ralls had one of his best games

Just couldn't notice how well some of our players played because the stand outs Zohore damour Mendez

Our defence was solid couldn't fault 1 player on that pitch all gave 100 percent
CardiffCityBlue

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Some great performances all round today hard to criticise anyone for effort, although Ralls had one of his better games and Sol Bamba was a class apart against the best Villa had to offer :thumbup:

However, only one winner today and that was Mendez-Laing by some distance. What a find by Neil Warnock! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Mendez, but Hoilet, Zohore and Damour were all nines the rest of the team all eights, a fantastic team performance, the score didn't do us justice, we absolutely murdered them it was men against boys!!!

Well done Mendez, Warnock and all of the squad :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :D
Bluebina

Postby castleblue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:53 pm

I need more than one vote because there were so many fantastic performances today starting with the CB, Damour & Ralls were brilliant and the front three awesome.

But the rock that is Sol Bamba gets my single vote.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Laing man of the match but to a man all were excellent. Our top 3 made Villas experienced defence look like a league one side. Superb stuff
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby rossblue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

How did warnock find him lol, great scouting.
rossblue

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

castleblue wrote:I need more than one vote because there were so many fantastic performances today starting with the CB, Damour & Ralls were brilliant and the front three awesome.

But the rock that is Sol Bamba gets my single vote.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary, I know where you're coming from. Sol Bamba was immense today; but chose Mendez-Laing for his performance and two goals :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby City Slicker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Everyone had great games it would be churlish to pick anyone out. Awesome performance all round.
City Slicker

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Bamba is just so good at what he does. Just pure and simple no BS defending. Will go through ball and player if needed
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby blue mist » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Joe ralls
blue mist

Postby bluebird58 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Only 2 or 3 of our team weren't in the reckoning for MOM. A case could even be made for Etheridge for making that good save early on from Hogan when the score was 0-0. Hoillet had his best game for the club, defensively as well as in attack. But the goals for NM-L clinched it for me.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

Mendez-laing clearly gonna win but thought hoilett and defence done really well. Also Kenneth did well for assist and gave terry handful all game. But Nath what a first start fella
gwentbluebirds

Postby jamie ccfc bluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Mendez-laing for me,
jamie ccfc bluebirds

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Surprised Bamba has 5 points, thought he was very erratic in the first half.
2blue2handle

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:This is a bit of a lucky dip for me... :?

Perfectly put
gwentbluebirds

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Went for Laing but that was fantastic from everyone really

Damour didn't impress me too much on tuesday but he was brilliant today. Ability to hold the ball under pressure is so important and he's going to be a good player for us this season.

All this. So many great performances and a fantastic team performance against one of the favourites for the league all with out big money signing on the bench
paulh_85

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:29 pm

For me, I'd have voted in this order.
1. Mendez - Home debut, dream of a performance, second goal was a beaut. Should've scored 1 more... which is scary!
2. Damour - fantastic up and down, had some passes and shots from nothing that were just a cut above
3. Bamba - Made some fantastic tackles all game, great strength against some lads that threw their weight around
4. Hoilett - Possibly hard done by, wanted to see him attack Hutton some more. But was fantastic defensively, and held up play brilliantly.
5. Zohore - Should've had the goal. Caused problems when we got the ball going to him, and came to life a bit more in the second half.

Cracking game. :occasion5:
KavanaghsGreyHair

Postby KavanaghsGreyHair » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:31 pm

[quote="2blue2handle"]Surprised Bamba has 5 points, thought he was very erratic in the first half.[/quote

The back line on the whole was a bit shaky first half. Agbon & Hogan were a handful in behind and we didnt cope great. Etheridge made a HUGE 1 on 1 save early on. Could've been a different game at that stage.
KavanaghsGreyHair

Next

Return to General Chat