Steve Bruce: " Talks about Cardiff City "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 am

Steve Bruce reveals why he wants Aston Villa to be in the same mould as Cardiff City by the end of the transfer window

Aston Villa Fc

Friday 11th August 2017

Steve Bruce has revealed he hopes to mould his Aston Villa side into the same shape as Cardiff City by the end of the summer transfer window.

The Villans have been widely tipped for promotion into the Premier League this season having recruited the likes of John Terry from Chelsea, Ahmed Elmohamady from Hull and Glenn Whelan from Stoke.

And the Aston Villa manager believes his side need to be more like Neil Warnock's Cardiff if they are to challenge at the top end of the Championship table during the 2017-18 campaign.

"I'm hoping by the time the window finishes that we'll have an Aston Villa team in the same sort of mould (as Cardiff)," said Bruce.

"The one thing you do know what you're going to get with Neil Warnock's team is that they'll be highly committed, they'll be up and at you with a physical presence in a lot of areas, very good at free-kicks, very direct and that's what the Championship is.

"We play the complete opposites in the next two away games. One's going to be physical, a typical Neil Warnock team and then we've got Reading who play a totally different way on Tuesday so that's what the Championship is and we've got two big challenges ahead."

Joe Ralls' first half strike earned the Bluebirds all three points in the corresponding fixture last term as Villa looked to recover - in similar fashion to Cardiff - from their poor start to the season under Roberto Di Matteo.

And Bruce admits Villa must drastically improve their away form this season if they are to stand any chance of making a return to the top flight of English football.

"If we're going to be successful and mount a challenge then our away form has to improve," added the former Manchester United defender.

"Before I walked into the club last October, we hadn't won away from home for 18 months.

"We couldn't have asked for a more difficult challenge of what the Championship is, a typical Neil Warnock team, we know what to expect and if you don't put your boots on and turn up then you're in trouble."
Attachments
JS111509691.jpg
JS111509691.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 4750 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Steve Bruce: " Talks about Cardiff City "

Postby Rock the Casbah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Big Headed, Cocksure, Pompous, Self-important, Opinionated, Adamant, Arrogant B******

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Rock the Casbah

Postby davids » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Rock the Casbah wrote:Big Headed, Cocksure, Pompous, Self-important, Opinionated, Adamant, Arrogant B******

Totally agree.

He's trying to politely say that we're a bunch of long ball cloggers who will be looking to kick his expensive team of better quality players all round the field tomorrow.

Hope he's right!
davids

Postby Rock the Casbah » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 pm

God i so hope we stuff them tomorrow there will be plenty of hatred for Steve Bruce on the Cardiff fans faces tomorrow. lol

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Rock the Casbah

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:47 pm

davids wrote:
Rock the Casbah wrote:Big Headed, Cocksure, Pompous, Self-important, Opinionated, Adamant, Arrogant B******

Totally agree.

He's trying to politely say that we're a bunch of long ball cloggers who will be looking to kick his expensive team of better quality players all round the field tomorrow.

Hope he's right!

I was just thinking the same reading this. if he thinks all we are gonna bring is Free kicks and corners he really hasn't done his research has he. Whittingham is no longer here, and we now have pace on the wings and fire power up front. and I really don't fear Villa atm. they have a really good defence but I don't see El Mohamody and Bacuna on the wings being better than Mendez Laing and Hoilett and Gunnarsson and Ralls are better than Whelan and Lansbury, same goes for Tomlin and Zohore who I believe are better than Abonglahor and Hogan. without Adomah, Jerdinak, Grealish and Kodjia I think Villa might struggle early on.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Woody CCFC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 pm

I like Steve Bruce calls a spade a spade.
Woody CCFC

Postby AV3 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 pm

I honestly don't think that Bruce meant anything by his comments. He was simply asked about Cardiff and responded. The context of his comments are here (starts at 5.38):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPHaC9G-CDE
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby rossblue » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 pm

Don't take it to heart blue birds, this is from Steve Bruce who tried to sign lee camp and junior hoilet for hull
rossblue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
davids wrote:

Totally agree.

Hope he's right!

I was just thinking the same reading this. if he thinks all we are gonna bring is Free kicks and corners he really hasn't done his research has he. Whittingham is no longer here, and we now have pace on the wings and fire power up front. and I really don't fear Villa atm. they have a really good defence but I don't see El Mohamody and Bacuna on the wings being better than Mendez Laing and Hoilett and Gunnarsson and Ralls are better than Whelan and Lansbury, same goes for Tomlin and Zohore who I believe are better than Abonglahor and Hogan. without Adomah, Jerdinak, Grealish and Kodjia I think Villa might struggle early on.

was I right or was I right lmao
Bluebird Warrior

Postby jamie ccfc bluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
davids wrote:

Totally agree.

Hope he's right!

was I right or was I right lmao

Yeah you was pretty spot on there,
jamie ccfc bluebirds

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Said on radio this eve none of his side's previously in championship have had such a going over! (Football wise) that is :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat