Sam Hammam Today

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sam Hammam Today

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:32 pm

SAM HAMMAM STILL WATCHES / KEEPS UPDATED ON EVERY CARDIFF GAME FROM LEBANNON

Just texted me and has texted me for the last 7 yrs after every City game.

SAM
"Could easily be 6 or 7. It is our best performance since a long time. We go top - which while stupid to so early pre 10 games but it is definately is a morale booster and sets a high bar for us."

Like him , love him or hate him he still follows and has never stopped regarding Cardiff City :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Sam Hammam Today

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sam Hammam Today

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SAM HAMMAM STILL WATCHES / KEEPS UPDATED ON EVERY CARDIFF GAME FROM LEBANNON

SAM
"Could easily be 6 or 7. It is our best performance since a long time. We go top - which while stupid to so early pre 10 games but it is definately is a morale booster and sets a high bar for us."

Like him , love him or hate him he still follows and has never stopped regarding Cardiff City :bluebird:

hope this doesn't sound rude, but is he still a wealthy man annis ? I remember the mess we were left in when he left, but after hearing tan speaking to the bbc about you never fall in love with your business. (in other words he doesn't love us) cant help but dream of an owner who would be passionate about the club
bluebird04

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SAM HAMMAM STILL WATCHES / KEEPS UPDATED ON EVERY CARDIFF GAME FROM LEBANNON

SAM

Good to hear Sam is okay and still following the club, Annis. I know you had a lot of time for each other :thumbup:

Is he on this iFollow thing? :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm

SAM

I know it's fashionable to slate Sam Hammam but I will never do that. He changed the direction of this club and all the high points we have enjoyed over the past 15 years can be traced back to when he took over a Ramshackled club playing in the dungeon division in a ground which was falling apart i.e. Cardiff City.

We are now an established Championship Club having played at Wembley 4 times (2 major cup finals) with a season in the PL and play in a 33000 seat stadium which is now the spiritual home of Welsh football.

He didn't achieve all of this but nothing would have started if he hadn't taken a punt on us. He didn't get much out of it, but we fans certainly did :ayatollah: :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluebina » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:49 pm

SAM

All the best Sam, glad he's still a fan and enjoying it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby carlccfc » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Sven wrote:

SAM

Good to hear Sam is okay and still following the club, Annis. I know you had a lot of time for each other :thumbup:

Yes Chris, Sam follows the stream on ifollow
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Postby Sven » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:

SAM

Yes Chris, Sam follows the stream on ifollow

Thanks Carl. No one could ever knock his enthusiasm for City and its fans :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Wayne S » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:24 pm

You know when people remember where they were when certain world events occur, now I'm not saying Sam taking us over is that sort of event but the rumours of his arrival is a moment that I remember and showed the power of the internet in all its glory.

The meeting with the fans at the hotel on Coryton roundabout was as exciting as it got for a normal fan who is not usually aware of the inner workings of a club.

Great times.
Wayne S

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Loved Sam, not the perfect owner but then who is..... Usually the next owner people want.... But they are never perfect.

The whole Langstone affair leaves a bad taste still but if someone gave me the retrospective option of Sat coming or not then it would always be a yes, he got it all started.
2blue2handle

Postby Woody CCFC » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Conman.
Woody CCFC

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Loved Sam, not the perfect owner but then who is..... Usually the next owner people want.... But they are never perfect.

The whole Langstone affair leaves a bad taste still but if someone gave me the retrospective option of Sat coming or not then it would always be a yes, he got it all started.

I'd be happy to let bygones be bygones as long as the Tan haters used the same standards in their judgement,after all,at least Tan is trying to right his errors.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluemellons » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

He did start the resurgence of Cardiff City as we know it, but christ did we pay for it!
It's time to move on. Without being disrespectful, I dont want to think about him anymore.
Bluemellons

Postby City1983 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Love or loathe him. Without his entry into the Club, on a personal, note then the Valley Rams would not have formed.

And I would not have made so many friends as I did over the 8 or so years before he departed.

Made so many friends and formed many relationships with lads from Cardiff and west as far as Neath, to Merthyr. They were fantastic days to support the club and, today we met up in town like we have done for the past 15 years or so. And still get the buzz now as when he started this love affair!/Long may it continue.
City1983

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Loved Sam, not the perfect owner but then who is..... Usually the next owner people want.... But they are never perfect.

I'd be happy to let bygones be bygones as long as the Tan haters used the same standards in their judgement,after all,at least Tan is trying to right his errors.

Totally agree but it won't happen with some.
2blue2handle

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I just find the timing of this thread laughable.Tan may well be turning the corner and some are choking on it. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Blooballoon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 pm

This man shouldn't be anywhere near the top of this message board on a day like today
Blooballoon

Postby langley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Dis the man .. was ready to send us to admin.. no respect at all for the bloke
langley

Postby Mr Ducie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 pm

langley wrote:Dis the man .. was ready to send us to admin.. no respect at all for the bloke

The guy took Cardiff supporters for a ride... yes he awoke the sleeping giant but at no cost to himself.All he wanted was the real estate attached to the new build.The former Lib Dem admisistration saw through all this and blocked him.

I and most if my friends have no respect for an owner who was prepared to take the club into administration.

The guy is not remembered fondly by the majority of supporters.
Mr Ducie

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Is it a coincidence that Sam text the same Day Tan shows up again?
Nickoblue23

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Is it a coincidence that Sam text the same Day Tan shows up again?

:lol: we all thought it.
2blue2handle

Postby Magners » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

I just find the timing of this thread laughable.Tan may well be turning the corner and some are choking on it. :lol:

I agree with you boys. Tan has made mistakes but has been man enough to admit he's made mistakes and reverse them.

Also Tan used his own money to finance the decisions he has made, not geared up against the club like Sam did.

If you had a choice of Sam or Tan to be owner of Cardiff City today, I would pick Tan 100%.
Magners

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:52 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Tan could quite easily correct his errors with most by saying one simple word.

The only thing I'm choking on are those who are justifying Tan actions when they are the ones that just took the whole thing up the backside.

Anyway this is about Sam and I have got to say there are some ignorant comments regarding him in this thread. Lets start with the "he was going ot take us into admin" argument. The only time people thought that was when the £30m came to light after he was thrown out by the club. The threat of admin was not from Langston aka Sam but from the club via Ridsdale. Langston never threaten us with admin but Ridsdale did if we lost the court case. To blame Sam for the threat of admin is just ignorant.

Now I read he is being accused of being a conman. Well he could not have been a good one as somehow he got £30m without securing it. That money was to get us to the Premier and if he had not ran out of money or as most think his sponsors did not get cold feet, we could have quite easily got there. Even if we did the chances of him re-cooperating his or the sponsors money would have not been a guaranteed thing. A conman grabs the money and runs, Sam was no where near that.

For me Sams downfall was how he denied being Langston. Even today I'm told he still denies it. I can understand him there as the process of "Conflict of Interest" would have put him in a difficult situation. It is why I believe he took a settlement that saw him lose out.
Bakedalasker

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:27 am

Some fans got short memories,City were shite before Sam days and no fans
grange_end1927

Return to General Chat