Solid at the back

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Solid at the back

Postby JakeBluebird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:59 pm

The whole back 4 were great today along with Richards when he came on so solid! Morrison and Bamba both great really limited Villa to chances. Bamba kept Hogan out of the game and peltier dealt with Agbonglahor very well!

I also think the three in midfield worked very well today defensively and in attack! Fantastic performance.

And the front three were phenomenal!!
JakeBluebird

Solid at the back

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Solid at the back

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:02 pm

If I was being harsh I thought in the first half especially the first 20 minutes they were finding a lot of room in the attacking third and Bamba was very erratic.

Thought Bennett was brilliant today though an all round performance at fullback.

The midfield as it started I felt looked a little lost as ralls and Damour seemed pushed a bit to far forward. Ralls seemed to drop deeper and we took control then. That's the thing with Warnock he sees problems and sorts it.
2blue2handle

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:17 pm

I thought Bamba had a very shaky start and Hogan was too quick for Morrison. Etheridge had to make a great save at the beginning, we were too open and their game plan was to get it up to Hogan quickly on the counter as they knew he would have the space and the pace to run at Morrison and beat him.

However, we soon took control and our front 3 destroyed their slow defence. The whole Villa team then dropped deeper and deeper to cope with our relentless onslaught and we weren't troubled at the back at all from then onwards.

Hogan's effort early on was the only shot on target against us so far this season, which shows how organised Warnock has got us.

I must confess, I secretly wanted Villa to get an injury time goal, as I put a fiver on City to win 3-1 with Mendez-Laing as the first scorer at 200/1.

It's probably the best I have ever seen City play. It's so good to see an energetic midfield with every player in our midfield able to break forwards, carry the ball with pace and create openings.

Zohore's value has just gone up an extra 10 million after tearing apart Terry and in particular, Chester.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Very good point about Etheridge, excellent early save, if they had scored early it may have been a different day.
2blue2handle

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Very good point about Etheridge, excellent early save, if they had scored early it may have been a different day.

I've noticed Etheridge seems to be excellent at that, being decisive and charging off his line to narrow the angle. I was impressed how he commanded his box, he came off his line to punch another one clear and wiped out El Mohamady at the same time. One shaky moment in the second half, but overall I am very encouraged with how Etheridge has started for us. :ayatollah:
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 pm

I still feel a bit nervous with him but really really want to like him. That mistake could have cost us and kind of what I was expecting to happen. Two clean sheets though and hopefully his confidence will build.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I still feel a bit nervous with him but really really want to like him. That mistake could have cost us and kind of what I was expecting to happen. Two clean sheets though and hopefully his confidence will build.

I have the same feeling, I really wanna like him, and he made a really good save in the first half but you can tell there is area's in his game that he can improve. His kicking for one, and seems to be prone to making the odd mistake (like rushing out, and missing the ball completely) but like you said hopefully the 2 clean sheets will have given him more confidence.
Bluebird Warrior

Return to General Chat